KB
Years ago

KB's Summer Pick-Up Games

Starting on the 6th of November until the 26th of February, I will be running "5 on 5" pick-up games every Sunday at the Wayville Sports Centre from 6 - 8 PM.

Only: Former NBL, Former and Current ABA and some NBL/ABA calibre players. All players must sign waivers.

If available, the third court will be used for warm-ups; consisting of shooting on one half and sideline warm-ups, stretching and/or other drills, on the other half. Also could be used for guys who want/need more shots, conditioning, footwork, etc.

The fee will be $5.00 for every player.

Strictly street ball and KB's rules: "this is the place to work on your game". Meaning: no refs, structure, plays, or coaches ... need I say more?

I reserve the right to, "not allow" and/or "kick out", any knuckleheads ... yeah, that means you tough guy, rubber-neck!

Trash talking welcomed, (just be able to back it up)!

No profanity whatsoever!

Two 5 on 5 games playing simultaneously ... on two courts, duh!

After 1st 2 games, winners play winners on court 1; losers play losers on court 2

- losers of court 1, (goes to the back of the line)
- losers of court 2, (goes to the back of the line)
- winners of court 1, plays winners of court 2
- two new teams play on court 2.

- if a new team loses their first game (court 2), then they play another game/team right away.

(Each team is guaranteed two games in a row before they hear, "back of the line".)

5 minute running clock (clock stops in last minute only) and/or first team to seven points (by ones).

Overtime is one minute only!

Call your own fouls

On the 2nd foul, of the last minute of any game, you are allowed to shoot two
free-throws (must make them both, to count as a point).

"Skunk", rule in effect.

Bring your own water, powerade, etc., and definitely ... bring your game!

Sincerely,

DA KLUTCHMAN

(Mod: Hey KB, we found this for you. Keep scrolling down...)

Topic #4640 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I've heard Bayliss has been talking smack about you KB.

Reply #53791 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Nice pics too.

That logo on the side reminds me of a quote from my Under 16 coach:

"Never try to shoot like Kevin Brooks again! Promise me! Never!"

Reply #53792 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Are you playing, KB?

Reply #53793 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

ya know it moses. i've still got, "the skillz to pay the billz"..........could also stand to burn off a little pasta.
hey double clutch, thanks for starting off my morning with a good laugh.
by the way, do you guys have game???

Reply #53822 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

do you need to bring 5 guys, or can you just turn up and join a 'team'

Reply #53823 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

hey isaac, thanks for the hook-up. you da man! hope to see you out, i would love to cross you over.
as for that "TOPPS SKILLS RATING SYSTEM" about my "d", that's crap. look at that textbook defensive stance..........but down, back straight, deflector hand out, close enough to touch my opponent, head up, as usual mouth open.........notice the red on the court.........i was "d"ing jordan's ass up baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #53825 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo petey, you can just turn up and get your hoop on or you can bring your homeys.

Reply #53826 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

YO JUST REMEMBER DUDES, THESE PICK-UP GAMES ARE NOT FOR EVERYBODY. PRO PLAYERS AND PLAYERS WITH PRO CALIBER ONLY. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SAY, "YES OR NO" TO ANYONE...... WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU COME OVER, THINK YOU GOT MAD GAME, BUT IN ACTUALITY, YOU SUCK. THAN YOU CAN WORK THE SCOREBOARD. FOR GUYS I DON'T KNOW, YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE THAT I DO KNOW WHO CAN VOUCH FOR YOU AND YOUR GAME. PEACE OUT.

GOD___FAMILY___DA WOOD

Reply #53830 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo double clutch, you tell bayliss, scanlon, the panther and the rest of those thundercats, to BRING IT ON!!!

Reply #53833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey cheesedick,
If you were 'D'ing up Jordan, then you would have been in another card ...... getting dunked on!!

Reply #53843 | Report this post

Will the bar be open?

Reply #53847 | Report this post

Is it your birthday today KB?

Reply #53849 | Report this post

svidmar  
Years ago

bootney, you da man, come on brus i think its time to dust of the kicks and join me and some other old balls. we gotta show some of these young lads how its done.

Reply #53850 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Hey Issac, I have a pic of a mister D.Mee (how do I cut/paste)

Reply #53852 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It needs to be hosted somewhere. e.g., http://www.imageshack.us/

Reply #53857 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Hopefully Todd Mundt doesn't plan on playing if he's in town.

Might get nasty again.

Reply #53858 | Report this post

Bayson Jayliss  
Years ago

9. Denver Nuggets
With the 9th pick, the Nuggets select:
Ervin Johnson, C, 6-11, New Orleans.

Kevin Brooks has had two years to step up and show something, and he's yet to do it. He came out of college as a somewhat heralded scorer, but his awkward, slow-release jump shot has hindered him in the NBA. He's got a gunner's mentality but is lacking confidence to really score (of course limited playing time contributes to this). His defense is poor, and he doesn'trebound that well. It's likely that Brooks will be gone nextyear.

John Exby. Rick Grubin.

Reply #53875 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

there's only one guy who calls me "cheesedick"........the original "CHEESEDICK", himself. thank you for gracing us "woodies" with your presence.

Reply #53876 | Report this post

Bayson Jayliss  
Years ago

Just some.
November 6th trash talk help to get it started.

Reply #53877 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo boots, yea the canteen will be open and no it's not my b-day. they screwed it up on the card......sort of like rolling the credits over me whilst i'm throwing it down on the kings...........sacremento kings that is!

Reply #53879 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo bayson jayliss, we're going to get it on 'cause we don't get along.........be sure to pick up some ankle tape (extra strength).

Reply #53881 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

WHO WANT SOME OF THE HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Reply #53882 | Report this post

Bayson Jayliss  
Years ago

Today six lists of 21 names are used in rotation for Hurricane storms. The names flow in alphabetical order, using female names. The letters q, u, x, y, and z are skipped, because a limited number of short, distinctive first names begin with these letters.

Now I know why hurricanes have girls names.

Reply #53884 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

who the bloody hell is thiisss POOFTA? can't possibly be my man j. bay. i should have known from that first thread. this rubberneck sounds like an ivy-league lacrosse player sipping on frappucinos while scratching his crotch from his first sexual encounter with a "hot apple pie".

mailman, is that you?????

Reply #53886 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

kb, that last post deserve a basketball icon.... made an average monday at work funny.......gold

still laughing.........

(Mod: I don't know. The talk about female hurricanes is just as good!)

Reply #53889 | Report this post

Bayson Jayliss  
Years ago

KB Calm down Big Fella,

I mean no harm, you the man I am just a pain in the ass,
and like to give anyone a stir
just having fun at work.

No Big Deal.

I apologise to anyone who may be offended

Have a laugh mate your in Australia remember.

and yes the name just made it easier to get a bite.

Reply #53891 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

HAHA funny posts.

Are all welcomed to come down and watch KB? I wouldn't mind doing a Hot/Not list on the events.

You still have your old school Nuggets playing uniform? You could just throw that on when you play and intimidate everyone.

Found this on the net too:

When the hell did you wear number 25?

Reply #53897 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo bayson jayliss, i'm not the least bit offended! well actually, i am a little offended that you would think that the da klutchman can give it, but can't take it. that hurricane joint, was funny dude. i had to come back atcha. BRING IT ON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #53904 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

If you lose a game while your playing KB you can't accuse the scorebench at Wayville of cheating this time.

Reply #53905 | Report this post

5.2 defense kb? you can never burn me for my bad defense ever again!

p.s i'll be at your pick up games, i'll be in the 'defensive workhorse' team. all our games will be 7-0. no one can score on me

Reply #53909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it school holidays again?

Reply #53912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah - why?

Reply #53916 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

doubleclutch, where do get this riff-raff from? accuse the scorebench at Wayville of cheating.......that's cow-cookies. i'm APPALLED.....no DUMBFOUNDED.....no better yet, THUNDERSTRUCK, that you would spread these.........smelly smidgens of fiction about so effortlessly, without a single molecule of evidence!

Reply #53979 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey KB, glad you realised it wasn't me writing all that crap. Good idea putting this all together, should be good for the off season, may have to get back into some sort of shape (besides round) before hitting the court against you!
For now though i'll meet you at the bar after the games for a Black & Mild!

Reply #53981 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo p, it's good to hear that someone else besides my main man d.mee knows about the smoothness of the........"B & M's". and before any of you nuff-nuffs out there come up with any non-sense, Black & Milds are american cigars. crossover, it's good to see that you're interested panther. hope you can get a few other panthers to join ya. that's if they ain't KFC, baby cause my game is tighter than paul rees' wallet!

Reply #53985 | Report this post

The AGM  
Years ago

anyone else worried that KB is going to peak too early with his trash-talking?!

Reply #53986 | Report this post

Bill Walton  
Years ago

What is the deal wih you KB anyway, are you retired from pro ball all together ?.

Reply #53988 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ha ha, I like the Rees comment!

Reply #53991 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

KB, I've got plenty of first-hand evidence. The way I remember it, Forestville won the game without any hint of controversy, and I proceeded to walk over and talk to my boy TCP who was doing stats.

At this point you start jumping up and down on the score-table, screaming "Cheaters! Cheaters!". I also remember Paul Rees got so angry he actually opened his wallet (amazing I know) threw a 5 cent coin to the scorer's bench and shouted "Go buy a clue!".

Panther, it's you versus me this week in Fantasy NBL, and I'm on a one game winning streak. Be nervous!

Reply #54027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agm it's all fun, BUT, i've never been one of those guys who "peaked too early".....on any level. try bayson jayliss a.k.a. "australian pie". as for you bill walton, what's the big deal with being retired? do you know how much money i've saved the health care system, by retiring the "killa kev krossover"???....golly jeepers batman, the physio's have been trying to get me out of retirement for years.....wait a second, i'm OUT!

Reply #54033 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

sorry dudes, the above thread is...........for thhrrreeeee!

Reply #54036 | Report this post

sapsquatch  
Years ago

Who's bringin the balls, Brooks? I heard you could bring three in the rolls of your belly - like three moons around the sun!

Reply #54042 | Report this post

sapsquatch  
Years ago

I can't even bring myself to reply to that fraudulent photo of you in a defensive stance! You must have been falling backwards.

Reply #54045 | Report this post

Bill Walton  
Years ago

No big deal about being retired I just was not aware that you had retired, sometimes people just half do it and if a decent contract arrives ching ching.

your back in the game.

Reply #54046 | Report this post

sapsquatch  
Years ago

"KB's summer pickup" - what a strange name. Only thing you've been "pickin' up" lately are happy meals.

Reply #54047 | Report this post

sapsquatch  
Years ago

Are there treadmills at 'the back of the line'?.

Reply #54048 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

KB you're a legend!

Reply #54056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reserves players allowed?

Reply #54093 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

anon, yes some reserves will be allowed to play. it depends not on who you are, but rather, whether or not "you've got game"!

Reply #54098 | Report this post

svidmar  
Years ago

another rule for ya KB, no zone D
straight up man or get off

Reply #54136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh, so its vidmar's pick-up games, being run by kb? or the other way around?

Reply #54156 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

DEFINITELY, no zone defenses dudes. NO match-up zone defenses, NO dale brown (LSU) "freak defenses" and NO john wooden (UCLA) full court zone defenses. not in pick-up/playground/or street ball!!! HOWEVER, you can go into a zone...........the kind that rajnod went into when he came out of retirement (1st) and gave spike lee's beloved knicks a "DOUBLE NICKEL"!!!

Reply #54176 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

as for you sapsquatch, or should i say "teen wolf". oh, didn't you guys know that he was the stunt double for michael j. fox in his movie. damn you had crazy hops!!! what happened, you've still got the hair......but the springs are llooonnnggggg gone. how much did you get paid for that gig anyway, chewbacca???

Reply #54183 | Report this post

sapsquatch  
Years ago

That's the key, Brooks. I got payeeeeed! Now I got so much bling-bling no-one can see my hair. Pity, really, 'coz it's silky-smooth, just like my skeellz, y'all.

Reply #54185 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

"rolls of my belly", you say. well i must admit, the old six-pack has diminished into a 2 and a half pack.......... but watchout, that added shake, just makes the "shake & bake", a little harder to defend. POWER TO THE PICK-UP!

Reply #54186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kevin - can girls play too?

Reply #54276 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe clarify whether you mean against guys or perhaps have games between womens teams.

Reply #54277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wasn't meaning either, but am curious about both.

If a girl can mix it with the boys (erin phillips type player), will they be welcome.

OR

if it is successful, would you consider expanding it to include a girls only comp? (along the same preface of standard as the original)

Reply #54278 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you were interested, you could grab the same idea and do it for girls. Just takes someone with that inclination putting in the time and effort.

Reply #54280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yo, tinkerbell and lazy eye, whats up. Like the sound of these sunday meetings your planning coach. Will be back in Adelaide omorrow so will catch up for some serious 8 ball palooza!!!!

Adios.......

Reply #54299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey moisturiser, how does it make you feel that your dad is a better 8 baller than yourself?

Reply #54322 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

tinkerbell and the moisturiser, sounds like the schwargenizer's homeys heinz and frannz from saturday night live......."we're going to..moist...you up!!!" but can you two "hoop" it up is the question?

Reply #54635 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yea anon (54276) i would consider girls playing. while playing at the fonde center in houston, my former alumni, kim perrot, who played with the championship winning houston comets and cheryl swoopes used to come out and play. the guys didn't have a problem with it 'cause they had game. however, top girls like erin phillips, summerton, etc. are all playing in the wnbl and i'm pretty sure they will not be allowed to play because they're under contract. nevertheless, i would consider doing a pick-up session for the ladies if there are enough high quality participants. the same standards thay apply to the men.

Reply #54642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat about the young guns from 18s and 20s, with state caliber, can they join a team of ABL players from their club as a 5th/6th man as a 'fill in' if u will?

Reply #54970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kb - can my cousin's, boyfriends, litte brother play. He's read about basketball once in a magazine.

Reply #54972 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

KB might want to start a "pick up game " league every summer . At this rate he'll have hundreds playing on a Sunday night.

He could charge $5 to players per night and then he and Paul Bell can try and put a down payment on Isaac's ferrari !!

Reply #54983 | Report this post

40th Street Black  
Years ago

I can just imagine u/18 youngster's talking shite.........

"Stop it....or I will say Stop it again"

Reply #54988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it costs $9 to play Div 1 in summer season maybe we might see a "rival" league formed out of this. $5 is a bargain compared to $9, and it will be a bit more relaxed

Reply #55103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah under 18s/20s can be fair abbusive with their trash talk, u would b surprised

Reply #55114 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

"let me clear my throat", i don't want any players paying to play in the summer pick-up games. yea, i could charge, cover the court costs, and make a nice little profit in the end. NOT!!! i want players to just rock up, pick a team, join a team, get their hoop on. if you just feel like spending money, you can "PIMP OUT MY RIDE"!!! i'm outta here, like a PUJOLS' homerun.

Reply #55158 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

young gunz, that's a reasonable request. i'm certain i'll be able to find out from various nbl/abl players, which of you got game. if i get the "nod" from enough people than you may get a chance to "rumble in the jungle". just remember, nbl/abl players play first and most often.

Reply #55161 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

anon (#54972), your cousins, boyfriends', little brother is more than welcome to participate. we could use a few ball boys/girls. besides, "reading is fundamental", and so are our pick-up games!!!

Reply #55162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sick, sounds like fair enough call their KB, sounds like will be interesting to just watch.

Reply #55252 | Report this post

go panthers!  
Years ago

18s and 20s should stay at home unless your last name is 'gange'. oh and KB i'm keen on one of these ladies pickup sessions maybe that can be 9-12 after wayville nov 6th at the grand, glenelg

Reply #55701 | Report this post

go panthers!  
Years ago

18s and 20s should stay at home unless your last name is 'gange'. oh and KB i'm keen on one of these ladies pickup sessions maybe that can be 9-12 after wayville nov 6th at the grand, glenelg

Reply #55702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where's the place to go for regular pick-up games if you're NOT NBL/ABA caliber? Social comps are generally a rip-off and the quality of play is too variable.

I may not have what it takes to play with the biggest and baddest Adelaide has to offer but it doesn't mean I love playing any less!

Reply #55848 | Report this post

My$0.02  
Years ago

I was there untill about 6.30... didn't look like a great turnout at all. I hope KB gets a few more next time

Reply #57692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anonymous, if that is your real name, go to flinders uni on saturday lunch timeish, there's about 649 asians that play pick up there

Reply #57827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh, but make sure you have the latest NBA replica jersyes with matching shorts or they might not let you play

Reply #57856 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

So, how did it go? Not much chatter about the opening night?

Reply #57867 | Report this post

richie medhurst  
Years ago

Hey KB, great to hear that your still in Adelaide, i used to love watching you play with the sixers back in the day but havent heard much about you until now.

So how long do you think you will keep the pickup games going for? are you involved with anything else to do with basktball in SA at the moment?

Reply #58200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what rock have you been under

Reply #58202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

richie, kb coaches woodville and is asst accademy coach + probably various other things.

Where have u been richie?

Reply #58210 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo richie rich, what's up? as stated above i'm coaching the "da wood" and the academy. it's been a challenge....one that i continue to look forward to. the players on both squads are both working hard and eager to learn.

Reply #58754 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

WHAT IT IS, ballers? as you are undoubtedly aware of, opening night on the 6th wasn't really an opening. zane reeves and i were the only two there. however, last night was much better. there were four current abl players, another baller and myself. all the players signed waivers, which simply protects the wayville sports center, their affiliates and myself. afterwhich, we hooped it up for the next 90 minutes (the other 30 minutes: kb's oxygen breaks). we played 14 games of 3 on 3 to 7 points (by ones), the last game went to 11. it was good competition, a lot of shaking and a few alley oops for some thundering dunks (none by me). we worked up a pretty good sweat. the players said they're be back next sunday, as will i, and we'll continue to build on our numbers. POWER TO THE PICK-UP!!!

Reply #58758 | Report this post

CPD  
Years ago

> zane reeves and i were the only two there.

Maybe the entry criteria (ABA/NBL) is too high?

Reply #60254 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

nah, it's not too high, besides you're missing the "some nbl/abl caliber players", that i mentioned after, "former nbl/former & current abl players. PEACE!

Reply #60642 | Report this post

Ping  
Years ago

When do these games start up again?

Reply #65172 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

right after the upcoming aba season.

Reply #65919 | Report this post

Urban Street Ball  
Years ago

http://www.geocities.com/urbanstreetball/index.html

Campbelltown Leisure Centre
every Friday night 7.30- 9.30pm
6 games x 15 minute games $6

pickup a team, bring your own team

teenage competition, mixed

Reply #67656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

campbelltown leisure centre is that st bernards?

or do you mean campbelltown NSW?

Reply #67783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems to be Adelaide, thats what the website says anyway.

Reply #67795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St Bernards, Campbelltown Adelaide

Reply #67873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754