Anonymous
Years ago

Santa: SEM would cut Benson if they could

What does this mean? I'm guessing its something to do with waiting for Tai to return? Liam spoke of this on overtime.

Topic #46415 | Report this topic

Anonny  
Years ago

They probably want to keep Crockett instead of Benson when Tai Wesley comes back. It's a shame because Benson has been playing well when given the chance. Pineau isn’t special..

Reply #776936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The hawks should pick up Benson off sem

Reply #776940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Luke said he'd get into Hawks imports later in the show but I didn't hear anything related

Reply #776942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your right ^

Reply #776943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate how now that the show is being broadcasted on ESPN they have to shorten the episode and we miss out on so much info. I used to love the inside word the guys would have now its just boring recaps. Santa is the Aussie woj speak out

Reply #776944 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I have been to every SEM home game this year and just don't get the rotations, particularly with Benson.

Unless there is something happening behind the scenes he should definitely be getting more time.

He dominated against MU and Long when given opportunity.

As he is an import and his livelihood comes from playing ball then his treatment is disappointing. I get that he is being paid at the moment but sitting on the bench doesn't help his ongoing opportunities. He would have been better to get cut early and could say he didn't fit rather than end up averaging 5mins and a handful of points/rebounds etc

Surely he is shown that he is a 20min player...

Reply #776967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
I agree he looks good when given a chance, it's my only problem with Mitchell, he seems to be playing favourites, ok when winning but not on this losing run.

Reply #776970 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I thought Benson looked pretty poor early on, but agree he has been significantly better the past few weeks and deserving of more mins. I think they should be playing Pinea and him together more often, as Dane is just not a 5 man despite the surprisingly good numbers he has been putting up.

Reply #776975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see Pineau matching up on the mobile fours, Tate and Kay would have a field day plus others.

Reply #776976 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Benson put in one of the best halves of basketball I've seen this season. Maybe the best.

Can't understand why he is getting so little time. Pineau toils hard, and is partly about styles and matchup with Pineau being a more agile defender.but Benson has a higher ceiling so is still bizarre

Reply #776977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benson has played well in two patches v Melbourne, but stuffs up offensive and defensive sets too often. He is a low IQ player.

Reply #777042 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Pinaeu= poor mans anstey, will fade as season goes on and homicide finds someone else to drool over

Reply #777145 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754