Anonymous
Years ago

Afl draft - Luke jackson

Ex Aussie junior basketballer...
Picked 3 in draft, going to Melbourne.

Topic #46421 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Used to know him back in his basketball days. Good kid, hard worker and great athlete.

Personally i think he made the right call choosing footy, especially if he likes it the most. A bit undersized for the NBA imo, i think he could have turned into a Nick Kay type and had a very good career in the NBL or europe, but could be a star in footy. Will probably earn more in footy too and be more high profile and well known.

Reply #777182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, he would have been a 6'7 nbl pf at best.

With footy, he could be one of the best ruckman in years to come.

Reply #777186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very basketball-heavy draft. Jackson the best baller of the lot, but Rowell and Anderson were part of a Hawthorn Magic team that won u14 Club Champs. Basketball: the place to go to get good at footy?

Reply #777222 | Report this post

Alright?  
Years ago

Scott Pendlebury has a basketball background.

Reply #777279 | Report this post

Boomers  
Years ago

Fischer Mcasey -melbourne tiger junior
Jay Rantall - Aust 17 team mate of Luke Jackson - Vic country rep
Harry Pepper - Haw rookie -played at Frankston I think
More talented basketballers going to footy

Reply #777742 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/19043-afl-afl-players-that-used-to-be-b-ballers/

Reply #777747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw an interview of Erin Phillips and reading between the lines it sounded like she used to be pretty good at basketball

Reply #777768 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I saw an interview of Erin Phillips and reading between the lines it sounded like she used to be pretty good at basketball

Lol

Reply #777834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

speaking of basketball background I just saw that Gretel "no homo" Tippett just won the netball MVP award last night

Reply #777947 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754