Anonymous
Years ago

Kings Blatant Cheating

Okay, lets pretend Boguts not getting paid a million and they are not outspending everyone else. Nobody knows right?

Lets pretend their $500k import isn't really an import because apparently he qualifies as a Next Star (the program that only pays $100k.)

Lets pretend their poaching of Ware is all hunky-dory and he took a pay-cut to move from Melbourne.

Okay so how do you explain their blatant and flagrant disregard for the 5-man cap? Is this another rule that has suddenly been changed for Sydney?

I know that at least two teams have really struggled with this cap, and it appears that all the other teams are making a concerted effort to comply. thats why we see so many scrubs sitting the benchs.

Sydney were probably ignoring this right from the start.
Theyve got Hunter whose probably not earning much straight out of college
Lucas Walker who probably had no other offers,
Kuany Kuany, who probably came cheap, and that;s about it.

They lured Bruce away with more money, but you could probably still squeeze him in with those three.

So at best, they probably only ever have 4 players completely with the cap.

Okay lets pretend for the sake of argument that they could also squeeze Moller in there, even after they lured him across with more money too. That cap would have been tighter than fish's bum, but maybe, maybe okay.

So now how do they substitute Cooks for Kuany???
I don't care what bullshit you want to come up with. All those guys playing for minimum wage and Moller taking a pay cut just so he can carry Boguts jock-strap. There is simply no way Cooks fits in.

Like I said: Blatant Cheating

Topic #46435 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yawn.

Reply #777436 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

There's nothing we can do about it except watch them fail.

Reply #777438 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

10 and 1. Such failures. Wish my team could get in on all that failing.

Reply #777439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man knock that shit off! Not cheating and more than the Golden Stare Warriors loading up or an EPL side. Isaac please start culling some of these threads!!

Reply #777440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More pure speculation without a modicum of supporting evidence.

Reply #777444 | Report this post

old mate  
Years ago

If it's true tell the NBL not start another topic about it here.

Reply #777447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We needed this thread.

Seriously, though, no more of these threads. It's getting harder to sift through these bullshit topics, to the decent ones.

Reply #777452 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Boo hoo

Reply #777459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's pretend they didn't just smash the all time attendance record

Reply #777463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine if Perth upgraded Vague with Cooks this forum would go crazy.

Reply #777468 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The only reason why it would "go crazy" over that would be because they replaced their starting 5 man with a wing.

Reply #777473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce never had a job, Adelaide took half way through last season and never offered him a contract, free agent. He would be on little money. Moller left because he didn't want to sit on bench behind the highest paid imports in the league. Walker would be on minimum so would Hunter and Kauny, Kickett as well would not be on much, no one wanted him. Cooks pay will be next season, he’d be on absolute minimum this season.

Stop talking crap, you got no f..king idea.

Reply #777474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Vague"

"their starting 5 man"

Ok.

Reply #777479 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Uh yeah, somehow I mixed Vague and Hunt up. :p

Reply #777484 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Poaching Ware? So you're a United fan then?

Reply #777504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware was never playing for United again, he was truly pissed off, see how his form and the teams fell away last part season.

Reply #777525 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Don't be silly I'm sure United were right about to resign him after poachi...uh... Signing Melo away from Cairns.

Reply #777526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Butt hurt OP much lol

Reply #777527 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

As a cats fan, I don't care. Nut up and find a way to beat the Kings instead of whining about their supposed cheating on a forum.

Reply #777529 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

People cried that the competition was over back when Blake signed. But then he couldn't hit a barn and went home early. You still actually have to win the big games, which Kings haven’t done yet.

Reply #777530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WRONG!!!

They could easily do it. They have $343,146 to split between Hunter, Walker, Bruce and Moller.

Reply #777557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats should be applauded for not cheating. We are the real winners

Reply #777562 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Three cheers for Perth everybody.

Reply #777570 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #777571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm certain Illawarra were happy to see Kay and Norton head to Perth even after they told Bevo they were staying and Illawarra were going to use there import money to keep them. Don’t forget Cotton plays for nothing because he loves Perth.

So many people with blinkers on in this forum.

Reply #777572 | Report this post

Angus McMeWerld  
Years ago

This there are clearly so many fucking retarded morons in this forum, I am going to give you some good advice.
You will find that this really helps you in life:

Just because you are too stupid to understand something, doesn't make it wrong.
I don't understand Quantum Physics or Einstein's Theory of Relativity, but it doesn't mean they're wrong.

So when confronted with things clearly beyond your ability to comprehend, it is best to just nod and smile.

The NBL did indeed bring in a cap on the 5 lowest paid players on each team.
They might have changed it, but there has been no announcement and as others have mentioned it does it appear that most team have 5 low paid players on their teams, or at worst 4 very low and one moderate.

It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out that Sydney do not.
This is not about how many millions they are paying Bogut, or whether they have 4 Imports, or whether Kickert, Ware, and Lisch all took pay-cuts to play with Bogut.
This is a very simply rule and Sydney are breaking the rule.
Like I said, if you can't follow that, just stick to nodding & smiling.

Reply #777597 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I guess that's why all the other owners have been so vocal about the Kings cheating.

Reply #777605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now Perf are cheating.. Shaun Livingston!!

Reply #777606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus McMeWerld

Name the five bottom players on the kings list and what they are earning to prove your crap. I'm calling you can’t because you’re full shit.

Reply #777613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus McMeWerld,the irony of your comment kills me LOL!!

You clearly dont understand what YOU are talking about. Im not a Sydney fan. I fkn hate sydney and their over stacked team. But anyone calling them a cheat doesnt know what the fk they are talking about.

Simple math.

$343,146 divided by 4.

Hunter
Walker
Bruce
Moller.

Its fkn simple. Enough with this cheating shit.

Reply #777620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus McMeWorld cannot provide that information because it is not out there. Who are your multiple sauces, mate? I'll wait.

Reply #777645 | Report this post

Trevor Gleeson will you get off the forums and start thinking of plays you can come up with during timeouts instead of spacing out like an idiot? Trev, trolling these forums is surely beneath you! Maybe...!?

Reply #777662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember when the conspiracy theory was all about Melbourne cheating to win a title with Kestleman flaunting the rules for his own team. Those were simpler times.

Reply #777675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754