Anonymous
Last month

The world team is better than USA

I think for the first time ever the world team is better than the USA in NBA as far as active current players go.

Going by current rankings of active players (not injured) I've compiled these starting fives. Doncic and Giannis being the favourites for MVP too. The world team obviously oversized.

Doncic
Antetokounmpo
Siakam
Jokic
Towns or Embiid

Lillard
Harden
Leonard
Lebron
Davis

I would much rather see this as an all star game.

Topic #46449 | Report this topic

Baller#3  
Last month

Im not sure its better or not but its definitely even.

I think the NBA will go this way eventually, especially once the draft thing gets boring. It would perhaps bring a little more competitiveness too.

What would the depth be like though?

Reply #777801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last month

USA have obviously got great depth but the World is anything to be snubbed. Let's say a bench of:

Embiid
Gobert
Simmons
Porzingis
Wiggins

Reply #777809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last month

Would be great contest, lebron being the difference for the USA to win it.

Reply #777824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last month

If everyone played and the game was taken seriously (both sides played D), it would probably still go to the US based on their depth.
For example, I think the two best teams available would be:

World
Starters
Simmons
Wiggins
Doncic
Giannis
Embiid

Bench
Gilgeous-Alexander
Murray
Siakam
Towns
Jokic

USA
Curry
Harden
Durant
Lebron
Davis

Bench
Lillard
Irving
Leonard
George
Drummond

That US team would crush them

Reply #777928 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Callisto 86

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Westside Basketball Association
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 pm, Sun 8 Dec 2019 | Posts: 806,721 | Last 7 days: 1,435