Anonymous
Years ago

Is Lamelo Done?

Too many coincidences here, just had his triple doubles, then becomes #1 draft prospect, then Illawarra announce a new import, now he's out with a foot injury, the best injury to use the extra cautious approach. His stock can't go any higher than after his last couple of weeks, I think he's played his last game for the hawks.

Topic #46482 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seen UFO's too?

Reply #778781 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

He's on a plane

Reply #778782 | Report this post

Starting to seem a bit suss for sure.

Reply #778783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not blaming him either, his management are probably right if thats the decision.

Reply #778786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he say only like a week ago he is staying all year?

Reply #778787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then he became the #1 prospect, only way is down from there if he kept playing for the wooden spooners.

Reply #778788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah....THIS year only it seems.

Reply #778789 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Triple doubles.
Thought he just had 1.

Reply #778790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been saying this. His people have closed up shop, the business side takes over now, he’s a 1-3 pick. No need to risk injury, the nba is aware what he can be now. I fee for homicide the most.

Reply #778791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't let facts get in the way of a good forum post Darryl!

Reply #778800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's had back to back triple doubles

Reply #778801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah they took away an assist, but I understand why you may think otherwise. NBL media types, creamed the tweets outs, saying how he had made history blah blah blah

Reply #778802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#802 not according to the official box score https://nbl.com.au/games/1307444. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Reply #778804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Relax with the sarcasm. I heard the initial cairns game was pulled back to 9 assists, and that the nbl hadn't updated its site. I couldn’t care either way, was trying to help you.

Reply #778808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(His stock can't go any higher than after his last couple of weeks,)

Yeah but it can go down.

Reply #778809 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Maybe. It would be a shame as the young bloke has been steadily improving and I don't see how pulling the pin will help his game. But, we are talking about serious coin so I guess those decisions have multiple factors.

Reply #778813 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Possible either way. If he had a minor, minor injury, the out-of-contention team would be happy to be particularly cautious. Rest him for a game. On the other hand, a foot injury is less likely to spook scouts than many other leg options.

But how long would you be able to claim a minor foot injury before it appeared more concerning?

Really, you'd only have to wait a week or so to know what's going on. Either the theory develops or not.

Reply #778815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lel just because you're #1 on a mock draft doesn't mean shit, the others can easily overtake him this draft #1 isn't as clear cut as previous years

Reply #778818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scouts talk, commitments are made. His people wouldn't be refreshing the mock draft board sites, they’d have some sort of cement offer of a top position.

Starts as a 'injury’ ends up some drama is created somewhere, and he is ‘in no position but to return to the USA, to further develop his game, behind closed doors.’.

Kyrie played I think 4 games for duke. NBA teams will always take a calculated risk. His work here is done I reckon.

Reply #778821 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Kyrie has shown he isn't a baller and is soft as!

Reply #778830 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Scouts talk, commitments are made. His people wouldn't be refreshing the mock draft board sites, they'd have some sort of cement offer of a top position. "

An offer from who? We're literally 7 months out from the draft and teams will have no earthly idea what their pick is - which is kind of important if LaMelo is a #1 prospect.

Reply #778842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That young bloke that played for Sixers only ever put half in, he knew someone was picking him up. Can't remember his name.

Reply #778850 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah Nah,
As conspiracy theories go, this one is lame.

It may well be that he leaves early, I don't know.
But, 6 months out from the draft, he is hardly a lock for number 1 if he shuts up shop.

Also, its far too early to start faking an injury.
Faking a long term injury for 3 months would actually hurt his chances, so why not just be honest.

Whilst on the other hand, with his achievements, you can understand his camp being ultra cautious with any actual injury

Reply #778861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He isn't injured. Nothing surer, they in a little bit, something else 'out of his control’ will have him returning to the USA.

And nba people do talk, number 1 is one thing but I’d he knows he will go top 3 because enough teams are showing the right interest, pull an exum, don’t play, get drafted get paid and be healthy.

Reply #778864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum didnt play at all and got drafted 1st rnd.

Reply #778893 | Report this post

It does make perfect sense to no longer risk injury if your stocks are as high as his. Whether he cares being number one pick or two or three I'm not sure but he is def top three. If he does pull the pin would make a bit of a mockery of the league he comes here plays ten games then packs up shop.

Sixers talking up a sellout when hawks are in town in a couple weeks be a joke if he doesn’t play

Reply #778945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the poster who thinks his management have a guarantee from an NBA team to take him at or near the top. The lottery hasn't even happened yet, no one can make that promise.

It's in his best interests to play out the season and prove he's not a headcase, he's getting better, and he can put basketball ahead of the circus that surrounds his family. Otherwise some kid at college will catch fire in March and overtake him.

There's also a longer term perspective than the draft. If he's going to be a top-5 pick, he will potentially ink a 9-figure deal one day. That deal depends on being the best player he can, and if he can learn something now, why waste an opportunity?

Reply #779115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melo will drop as soon as the NCAA tournament hits. Out of sight, out of mind.

Reply #779120 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754