Anonymous
Years ago

LeBron's travel double dribble play on

Is LaBron James a protected species ?

Topic #46484 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Refs weren't bothering to watch because there was no one pressuring him. Can understand how it happens, but boy does it look ridiculous.

Reply #778811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And then late in the game LaBron was on the bench when his team mate made a stop, LaBron started dancing on the court with no shoes on wile the ball was still in play. The jazz commentators had a few words about his behaviour at the time, When LaBron found out about the commentators comments he took to Twitter to give them a peace of his mind.
Should he be able to do that in the eyes of the nba?

Reply #778825 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Zero affect on the play. Yeah it's a travel but there's 4 thousand travels a week in the NBA. The Denver guy should have had some balls and actually guarded him rather than whinging like a bitch

Reply #778826 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"The jazz commentators had a few words about his behaviour at the time,"

The Jazz commentators were whinging bitches too. Kuzma made 2 blocks on the same play and James (along with the rest of the bench) were celebrating their team mates great play. I thought it was great but I guess when your team is getting their arse handed to them on their home court you have to try and get something

Reply #778827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"...were celebrating their team mates great play."

on the court.

Reply #778828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^yep is that allowed in the nba?

Reply #778829 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

He was 20cm over the baseline on the far end away from where the ball was heading to. Lighten up guys, it's great to see superstars enjoying their team. I suppose they should have T'ed him up right? Salty Denver fans

Reply #778833 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

The officiating in the NBA is a joke. Different rules for different players, rules applied in a haphazard way, rules changed depending on how 'spectacular' the play is etc...
It must be absolutely horrendous for the referees to know what to call.

The travel officiating is so bad they changed the rules to allow an extra step. They never call moving screens (and just about every NBA ball screen is moving).

One has to wonder what, with 3 referees in the half court watching the action, and knowing they don't call the moving screens, exactly what the referees are watching? Surely you need to have one referees eyes on the ball??

The officiating actually is a significant negative about the NBA. Just apply the rules as they are. The players are unbelievably talented. They will still be spectacular even if they have to work to the rules.

Reply #778836 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They will still be spectacular even if they have to work to the rules.

Just not as spectacular which is the point. The NBA and their refs have always been selective in what they do or don't call usually letting 'superstar' players get away with murder or putting them on the line even if there is no contact, it's a tried and true method that has been going on for decades.

TV ratings have plummeted for the NBA this season and I would like to think people are starting to wake up to the dog and pony show. Games are glorified all-star games now no defence whatsoever teams scoring 150 points, the NBA is to basketball what the WWE is to wrestling.

Reply #778840 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

"Lighten up guys, it's great to see superstars enjoying their team. I suppose they should have T'ed him up right? Salty Denver fans"

You mean Utah fans... the game was Utah vs LAL

Westbrook did the same walking the ball up a couple seasons ago against the Dubs and got called for a travel, same rule should apply for LeBron 3-6 James.

NBA needs to crack down on these things all together imo, especially bench players celebrating on the court.

Reply #778847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He was 20cm over the baseline"

How close was he to the Jazz player waiting in the corner?

Reply #778848 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Westbrook did the same walking the ball up a couple seasons ago against the Dubs and got called for a travel, same rule should apply for LeBron 3-6 James."

The difference was the ref was looking at the play. As Isaac said "Refs weren't bothering to watch because there was no one pressuring him"

Reply #778849 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"You mean Utah fans... the game was Utah vs LAL"

Yeah sorry, there's been a few games this week! Either way I really don't see it as that big a deal. Yeah if it's your team it happens against you'll be angry, but otherwise zero f%4ks given.

Reply #778855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont support either team but I don't think it should be allowed. Try and come up with a better argument that calling people salty.

Reply #778857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screens in the nbl move a lot more than the nba. Weaver has been bitching about it all season. Pineau is the best at and Barlow right up there.

Reply #778859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(The difference was the ref was looking at the play. As Isaac said "Refs weren't bothering to watch because there was no one pressuring him")

Do you know that for sure?
Dose that make it ok?

Reply #778865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(He was 20cm over the baseline")

Does that make it ok?
What is the nba ruling on this?

Reply #778866 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Precisely why I gave up on the NBA (started watching in 1984). It's now so much about the entertainment aspect, rather than the sport and that blows. The World Cup was so awesome to watch. Pure basketball. As someone above said, just apply the rules. The players are so talented, they will adapt.

Reply #778867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(He was 20cm over the baseline on the far end away from where the ball was heading to. Lighten up guys, it's great to see superstars enjoying their team. I suppose they should have T'ed him up right? Salty Denver fans)

He was standing right next to the opposition player trying to set him self in the corner so he was basically being blocked out by LaBron. Then LaBron walked towards the basket then stopped within 2 to 3 meters away wile the ball was being shot at the basket.
Is that within the rules?
If so we could see that every play of every game.

I'm a lakers and LaBron fan but that stood out like dogs nuts.

Reply #778872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah you sound like a massive LEBron fan

Reply #778874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(TV ratings have plummeted for the NBA this season and I would like to think people are starting to wake up to the dog and pony show. Games are glorified all-star games now no defence whatsoever teams scoring 150 points, the NBA is to basketball what the WWE is to wrestling.)

Maybe, but it's more to do with what happened in China with the preseason games. Unpatriotic sell outs, that will upset the red necks every time.

Reply #778878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Yeah you sound like a massive LEBron fan)

Yeah, just because you support a team or a player doesn't mean you have to agree with every thing they do.
I didn’t like how they got rid of Bogut, and how they traded Ball and co was very messy but I’m still a lakers fan and have been from the time of Kareem and magic.
I didn’t like the way LaBron managed the China drama or this new travel gate but I’m still a fan of his. Go the lakers and the kings

Reply #778879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People will find anything to hate on Lebron about

Reply #778880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then spell his name properly, which was my point.

Reply #778881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ratings have plummeted in the US because of cable

Reply #778882 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

The difference was the ref was looking at the play. As Isaac said "Refs weren't bothering to watch because there was no one pressuring him"

Nobody was pressuring Westbrook up the court either, its just lazy officiating and needs to be stopped. Otherwise why not walk the ball up the floor until you cross half court, where do you draw the line?

Reply #778884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"where do you draw the line?"

Another 20cm in, apparently.

Reply #778887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Then spell his name properly, which was my point.)

Is that all......get a life lol

Reply #778888 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's silly to expect bench players and coaches to stay off the court when the benches are right up against the sideline.

Reply #778891 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The Denver guy should have had some balls and actually guarded him rather than whinging like a bitch

The Denver guy is clearing wearing a Jazz uniform playing on an Utah court.

The Jazz commentators were whinging bitches too.

This is good we are making progress......but then

Salty Denver fans

Some how a Denver player is defending Lebron in a Jazz uniform is Salt Lake City populated by Denver fans.

I feel sorry for Duke.

Reply #778944 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

(The difference was the ref was looking at the play. As Isaac said "Refs weren't bothering to watch because there was no one pressuring him")

"Do you know that for sure?"

His head was turned more towards the action in the key. It is the logical explanation

"Dose that make it ok?"

Yes if he didn't see the play then he can't make the call

Reply #779347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754