Aussie
Years ago

Blake Jones

6'9 17 year old from QLD.

Reminds me of Will Magnay with better handles and 3 point shot.

Not quite as athletic (yet)

Where do people that have seen him play, see his ceiling?

Topic #46500 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has to wait another year to put some size on his frame.
I think his more the mould of a bigger Mcveigh.
He can shoot and dribble the ball a bit, has a high motor.

Reply #779220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Blake give it a rest

Reply #779273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's quality, seems like a Majok Deng type, but if he can add some other weapons, who knows?

Reply #779302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should head to college

Reply #779359 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Thanks Blake glad to hear you are well

Reply #779375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first time i seen him play was U16 and he was a problem back then. But like the others have said, he needs some size. If he can put on weight he will go places. Can shoot the 3 and play in the post. Defintely has a high motor on him.

Reply #779507 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks Blake, you just beat up a bunch of school guys and so you should you are at the COE. You also act like a dick on court from what I watched, and the boys were right your chest is concaved. Get a tape of Dj before he went to Miami and watch how humble he is

Reply #779518 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

HaHa WNBA

Reply #779519 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Not seeing him at all and hearing of his shape and everyone say he needs to put size on... Kevin Durant is pretty close to the best player this century and yet he has no size about him, could this Blake Jones model his game on Durant and he successful at the small forward position?

Reply #779534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, he'll be a pf.
Atm he has majok deng type frame

Reply #779535 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

proud
A few hours ago

Not seeing him at all and hearing of his shape and everyone say he needs to put size on... Kevin Durant is pretty close to the best player this century and yet he has no size about him, could this Blake Jones model his game on Durant and he successful at the small forward position?

If you look up YouTube (2019 Australian school championships) or BA Facebook page, you can see him play there. He was also apart of the NBA Global games that won the event there.

He was also apart of the Australian 2019 U16 FIBA Oceania championships.

Those games will let you decide whether you think he has potential.

For those that say I'm him or am related, or even a friend of him are simply wrong.

I just like to see young Australians coming through like Giddey, Travers, Ducas etc

Reply #779547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never saw jones as a starter in the n.t but he is certainly the best 02 pf going round atm.

Could be our best u19 team ever assembled. 02/03 athletes.

Wigness
King
Giddey
Jones
Tsapatolis

Bayles
Armstrong
Duach
Adebayo
Gak

Daniels
Another big.

Maybe a few changes to 2nd/3rd unit.

Reply #779548 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

is Jones the next Kevin Durant? Because you'd think the Hype would be significantly larger if he was!

Reply #779551 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So Blake Jones is the next Durant but has never been the best player in his team at Nationals. He played well against high school kids but Rowville who would have challenged him are in the USA and couldn't compete. He also has an ego bigger than Durant and this topic is feeding that ego. He is built like an ironing board and if KD were playing against high school kids he would have dropped triple figures not 30's.

Reply #779552 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Aussie aka Blake, #547 you are quoting how well you played in a school comp, in Oceania where everyone knows there is zero competition and an NBA academy tournament where no D is played and you weren't anywhere near the best player.
You went to the NBL camp and didn't get picked up, is it your D or your ego?, could be both, let us all see how you go at Asia and Worlds

Reply #779553 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

Wigness is a gun

Reply #779568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Could be our best u19 team ever assembled. 02/03"

Add either or both of
Harrison Hornery 6'9 USC commit.
or Lucas Schmidt 6’11

It’s looking like one great team of the guards will be awesome

Wigness
King
Giddey
Jones
Tsapatolis

Bayles
Armstrong
Duach
Adebayo
Gak

Daniels
Another big.

Maybe a few changes to 2nd/3rd unit.

Reply #779808 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754