Grovermister
Years ago

NBL Looney Tunes jerseys

https://www.nblstore.com.au/utm_source=NBLSite&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=NBLStore

love the phoenix one!

Topic #46518 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perths, Taipans and Kings are not good -Barely see the characters. Rest look good.

Reply #779909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sweet

Reply #779914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Larry Kestelman's son is a business genius.

Reply #779915 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

SEM is pretty cool and the Breakers & Hawks are ok.

Reply #779916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome stuff,
Hawks, nz, sem are the best looking jerseys.
Everyone needs to get them for their kids for Christmas.

Reply #779917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL space jam

Reply #779918 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Why water mark them??

SEM and Hawkes are great

Reply #779919 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Mummy, Daddy, what's a Looney Tunes?

Reply #779920 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Kind of ironic that our City Jersey is the 'City of Churches', and our Looney Tune is the Tassy Devil

Reply #779923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not enough thought has gone into these.

They should have matched character colours with team colours - not character animals.

Phoenix is by far the coolest, because it makes sense visually. The rest are just thrown together.

Road Runner is almost like for like with Adelaide's colours - that should have been a match.

These will look better in person, but once again.... A grade for concept. C- for execution, vintage First Ever.

Reply #779943 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bullets' jerseys really should've featured Wiley Coyote blowing himself up with TNT.

SEM far and away the best, with the rest ranging from meh to OK. If you didn't tell me it was a Looney Tunes round I'm not sure I'd have even noticed some of these on TV until a guy shot FTs.

Reply #779946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Road Runner also a good choice for Adelaide's run and gun game style

Reply #779947 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

SEM easily the best and not to mention Marvin the Martian is a boss.

Reply #779957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb united getting Bugs Bunny shows you were the priorities lie for First Ever/NBL.

Considering Bugs Bunny usually carries an orange carrot would have been a good fit for Cairns, but because Bugs Bunny is the top tier character, it goes to to united.

Reply #779960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2/9 is not good enough.

Most are terribly designed.

Reply #779962 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Considering Bugs Bunny usually carries an orange carrot would have been a good fit for Cairns, but because Bugs Bunny is the top tier character, it goes to to united."

Daffy the 2nd tier guy goes to Kings too. To be fair though, no character really fits with any team.

Reply #779963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daffy suits Sydney, coz he dribbles a lot of crap... like Paul Smith

Reply #779966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Character fitting matching with a team means you just match team colours with character colours.

Reply #779967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I quite like them though the colours could be better, kings would have looked better on yellow jerseys.

Reply #779973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Justin Kesselman special!

Wonder if they will last after one wash?

Rubbish

Reply #779976 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I got a bit excited when I saw they were doing Looney Tunes jerseys. Been a fan of the show since forever and have a lot of great memories of it. Plus there is the whole Space Jam thing. Looney Tunes is a property that can logically be combined with basketball because of this.

But what did the jersey designers do with this potentially exciting idea? Literally nothing. Three or four are okay. The South East Melbourne Phoenix jersey is literally good. But outside of that, you have weird designs you can barely see and that make no sense. A completely wasted opportunity.

Larry Kestleman in the press release said: "We believe this line will lead the way in First Ever becoming a pioneer in the pop culture basketball apparel space."

I think it had the potential to do a little something like that. Looney Tunes resonates with a lot of people, especially Generations X and Y. But the execution left a bit to be desired. If they made a halfway decent one for Adelaide I would've bought it, but they didn't, so I wont.

Reply #779978 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Love the original Merry Melodies and Looney Tunes.

But WTF are these? Horrible execution. The Wildcats one I can't even tell which character it is? LOL

Reply #779982 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

A grade for concept. C- for execution

Agreed. Did very little with a great opportunity.

Reply #779983 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I do suspect the Wildcats jersey looking almost entirely identical to the regular jersey is completely intentional.

Reply #779984 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"I do suspect the Wildcats jersey looking almost entirely identical to the regular jersey is completely intentional."

Yeah, I don't think Perth overly liked the gimmick. They were just like "okay, we'll do it, but you'll only see the design through infra red and heat seeking binoculars."

Reply #779988 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Every gimmick Wildacts jersey is trash, yet every time I'm at the game people are wearing them, some people have too much disposable income on their hands...

Reply #779990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mostly agree although I dig the recent sunset city ones

Reply #779994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cat Chat are a crazy bunch. It's good that there's die hards and fanatics burning cash on crap apparel. The problem is, much like Cat Chat, the bar is set very low, and as long as Cat Chatter's eat up that low hanging fruit the quality won't improve.

Reply #779997 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Perth are clearly invested in the "red army" and making sure the uniform is predominantly red. It frustrates me as a Perth fan, our jerseys are often bland. However I still like looney tunes, the actual perth one available in perth is a slightly different design, check catsgear. Some people like a jersey each year, we can only purchase the options we receive.

Reply #779998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix is awesome

Reply #780002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTAF?

Jerseys are meant to represent the team, not be a platform for juvenile fashion

Reply #780007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely the Perth unis are Monstars inspired?

Reply #780008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J the Wildcats jerseys are all exactly the same. The ones available on the First Ever website are the same as the ones released in stores today. Picture can be a bit deceiving when you look at the blank jerseys compared to the player numbered jersey. Just don't spend your money buying the blank ones from the Wildcats for $110. You pay $20 more than the retail price for no reason.

Reply #780038 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I honestly don't like the fit of the jerseys in the past few years every time I've tried one on, more like tank tops and a bit restrictive, I still wear my Ennis jersey to games because it is actually comfortable in the hot summer months. Sometimes my #23 Muo jersey gets a run too. :P

Reply #780065 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The worst thing about NBL being played in summer is having to endure every bogan out there showing off their fat non-defined Wortho-like girl arms in player jerseys. Yuck.

Reply #780082 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"The worst thing about NBL being played in summer is having to endure every bogan out there showing off their fat non-defined Wortho-like girl arms in player jerseys"

You forgot exposure of overgrown arm hair.

Reply #780083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Perthworld. 80% of dudes don't take enough care of their bodies to be sexually attractive to me.

Reply #780085 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

LOL

Reply #780252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754