Isaac
Years ago

Taipans vs Wildcats, Dec 12

Newly in the four, Cairns are home and hosting Perth. A three game streak and a bit of confidence should make this one interesting. If they can get the road win though, Perth are looking a chance at top spot thanks to Sydney's recent crumbles.

Should be decent match-ups amongst the guards and in the paint.

Your tip?

Topic #46519 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns. Perth don't match up well against the long and athletic Taipans players

Reply #779934 | Report this post

Malcolm  
Years ago

Cairns are flavour of the month lately but Perth were equally impressive last weekend.

Perth have lost twice already to Cairns I think they won't drop a third time against them.

Reply #779936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

91-90 Cairns

Reply #779938 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wildcats are probably due for a win over Cairns, but agree re: the matchups - Taipans a good chance at home in a close one.

Reply #779945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns have beaten the cats twice for a reason.

Reply #779954 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Both teams have hit a decent purple patch, will come down to the final play I reckon, and Cotton on Terrico have their name all over over it win or lose.

Reply #779956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love to Cairns win a third time this season against Perth but can't see it. Perth by five and Gleeson to never stop complaining so he gets the calls his way.

Reply #779959 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This is definitely the match of the round.

Cairns are hotter than a 16 yo step-daughter in a string bikini, and at home have been on fire. Perth are strong too, but have been beaten by Cairns on the road and at the Pussycat Arena, so there's no lock in for a win. A real danger game for Perth.

But Cotton in on the rise and playing well at the right end of the season. He will be the troublesome player for the Snakes. The Snakes on the other hand are working really well as a team and the silly little brain fades they were having early in the season seem to have gone.

I'm thinking this won't be high scoring in anyone's book, but surely those Cats can't gone down a third time? Is third time the charm? or are the Snakes the bogie team for the boys from the West.

I agree with Isaac, there's some solid matchups, and I'm thinking the Cairns might pull off a remarkable win. As a Sixers fan, I'm hoping the Cats will shake the snake to keep the Sixers hopes of top 4 alive.

Cairns by 2 in a game decided in the last 1:24.

Reply #779964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given it's the halfway point of the season, you could say both these teams are in mid season form

Reply #779965 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Cairns have been extremely impressive lately and match up well against Perth.

Taipans by 6

Reply #779968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Generally love your work Jack, but making a joke out of Paedophilia is not your finest effort

Reply #780006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can somebody please buy JL a new box of crayons, so he can do a better job of the fixturing.

Why the hell would you give Perth a double against Cairns and Brisbane, but have the first game in QLD and the 2nd in Perth

Reply #780012 | Report this post

Carn Cairns Jawaipans. Scott Machado giving me the feeling of Scottie Wilbekin more and more.

Reply #780014 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

3rd game in 7 Days for Cats away to their current bogey team. I'm going with a Taipans 8-10 point win before Cats head home and destroy the Bullets on Saturday.

Anyone know if the Cats went back to Perth after Sunday or went straight up north?

Reply #780067 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I'm betting our little mid season slump is over, all up from here on in.

Reply #780072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They went straight to Cairns after Sunday

Reply #780075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the quality of the three imports Cairns have will sneak them into the top 4. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win this one.

Reply #780081 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Cairns are already 4th on the ladder

Reply #780147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The orange crush will continue their rise up the ladder.

Reply #780149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson already into the refs at 3/4 time.

Reply #780150 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Can you please tell me the score at 3/4 time? I'm only at the second.

Reply #780152 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wow. The Machado-Oliver connection is something else.

Reply #780154 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That was huge!

Reply #780155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth 0-3? I rub my eyes in amazement, where is their honor?

Reply #780158 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Cam Oliver to Wildcats next year.

Reply #780160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats don't poach imports, leave that to United and kings

Reply #780161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelly looking like being an excellent coach, Deng performance at both ends is fantastic and when you think he hardly played in Adelaide it might tell you something.
Great game so far. Cairns imports are fabulous, there next three, four players doing well. Kay v Oliver is fantastic.

Reply #780162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wildcats don't poach imports"

they bought multiple championships by poaching Timmons & Redhage

Reply #780165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats can't deal with these Snakes. This is enjoyable from everyone's 2nd favourite team.

Reply #780168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come the floppycats

Reply #780170 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Cats poached redhage?

Um he was playing seabl for Bendigo as no other team wanted him lol. Barely poached

Reply #780171 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

SBS stream shits itself again.

Reply #780172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's working fine for me

Reply #780173 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Working again here now

Reply #780174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lucky you. you got to see a shot so bad that it banked in. life ain't fair sometimes.

Reply #780175 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Cotton just gave some Cairns player a mouthful

Reply #780176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shabam

Reply #780178 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cairns making it interesting late, but they've looked flat out tired this Q, and I think Kelly stuck with Noi way too long.

Reply #780179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked like cotton was getting held before the pass, need to see a replay though

Reply #780180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blatant USF on Cotton before the turnover... Not sure what the refs are looking at

Reply #780181 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Cotton was hold onto before the ball was passed inbounds.

Reply #780182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton gets about 986398673 more free throws than he deserves so zip it

Reply #780183 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

STFU Santa this guy is so annoying loves the sound of his own voice.

Reply #780184 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

About 8 mins too late from Noi.

Reply #780185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no matter what you say, Perth have the biggest balls in the league, it's a class team

Reply #780186 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

SBS on demand should hand in their licence. Awful.

Reply #780187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great coaching again by the master. His game plan of having Cotton & White & Kay on his roster is genius. No other coach in the league had that idea.

Reply #780188 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Use Twitch, I gave up on SBS a few rounds ago.

Reply #780189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi got stop missing bunnies and play some D every week, probably cost Cairns game. The Wagstaff flop machado got be looked at by the league, heavy fines or suspension should stop it.
Gleeson again no's how to work those refs, even away they get the fouls. Well done to Gleeson on his 400th game, very good coach.

Reply #780190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ohhh, all the butthurt perf haters...

Maybe try getting a life, and finding a team to actually support

Reply #780191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Wagstaff flop machado got be looked at by the league"

Fine Flopstaff and as for the ref who got sucked in by that crap he needs a week off because that was a horrible decision

Reply #780193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"no's"

OK.

Reply #780194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think that all Trev does is hires the best players then hopes for the best, you're an idiot.

Reply #780196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think that at all. No one works harder at whining to the refs for the full 40 minutes than him. No one. If doing it is even half as difficult as listening to it then I guess I respect his hard work and dedication.

Reply #780197 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Yes....that worked wonders for Andrew Gaze and Dean Demopolous.

Reply #780198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did Shaun Livingston do wortho?
Homicide?

Reply #780199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No one works harder at whining"

I don't know, you seem to be doing a pretty good job.

Reply #780200 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

Hate to admit this as a rival fan but Simon Mitchell was on the money when he said Perth are the best team in the league hands down and anyone who suggests otherwise is a chump.

Defence too good, players too unselfish, talent too much and veins just too damn ice cold.

Reply #780201 | Report this post

Good effort from my Jawaipans, but Perth were just a little bit better. Noi had a shocker - shame about that, our bench was pretty solid and prolly not gonna get that type of output on a consistent basis unfortunately. If the starters can't all contribute solidly it's tough. A bit disappointing considering the squandered final quarter, but it's great we're hanging in there with the big clubs this season.

Reply #780203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not seen much of Oliver before this season, but it's hard to believe he's not on an NBA bench somewhere. His athleticism and ability to stretch the floor is pretty much perfect for the modern NBA.

Reply #780204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 or 3 easy ones that were somehow blown down the stretch was about the only difference. It was further proof that Cairns can hang with anyone.

Reply #780205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth do this every year eek out wins and once the playoffs arrive they start going to a extra gear

Reply #780206 | Report this post

Malcolm  
Years ago

Unfortunate that Cairns lost but this close loss doesn't take away how well they have gone so far.

Those three Hawks losses might be what causes them to miss the finals.

Reply #780208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where do Cairns hit these threes from (for the love of God don't say nba range)??? They hit some seriously tough threes at big moments. The wagstaff flop even made cg43 proud im sure.

Reply #780228 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Respect for Cairns but they were clearly out classed my a Master Coach.

Reply #780231 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Still got it. Three game win streak now with no other team over one.

Reply #780240 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

White Cotton too steady for Machado, Newbill. Good game.

Reply #780243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns missed to many lay ups, and I thought Newbill tried to go solo to much down the stretch, Machado should be calling the shots down the stretch.

Reply #780246 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Deng performance at both ends"

What? Deng's one on one defence is horrendous, he gets blocks and steals cos he's so long, last year he was getting benched because he was getting burned by Moller and Vague night in the first half Majok took him from the the 3pt line and absolutely burnt him to the rim. Offensively he is pretty solid, but his defence is worse than Steindl's.

That alley-oop from Machado to Oliver was beautiful to watch, poach them Trev!

Homicide was gushing over Terrico and Cotton being the 2 best finishers in the league, but I'm sure it was to jinx them if the game was close. Good win, onto the Bullets at home in 42 degree heat. :/

Reply #780262 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Cairns have taken 2 of the 3 games against the number 2 team. That's still a damn good effort

Reply #780275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng imo would've been far better on down the stretch than Noi, who was very poor all game.

Reply #780276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately Cairns weak link is the coach. Still learning but some of his combos are head scratchers. Noi cost them the game last night, should never have been on in crunch over Deng.

Reply #780277 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Taipans could do with some layup practice.
Missed tham all in the fourth.

Reply #780315 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That alley-oop from Machado to Oliver made it on SportsCenter. #theworldwideleader

Reply #780554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the one hand that is cool. On the other hand it is cringe knowing that Homicide's corny commentary was seen by the world.

Reply #780562 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Luckily the audio wasn't played.

Reply #780564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good news. That is a win then.

Reply #780565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754