Anonymous
Years ago

Will SA Prem League go NBL 1?

Will SA Prem League go (NBL 1 Central) anytime in the next couple of years? Is there any real plus other than branding under the one umbrella and a National finals set-up like the old ABA?

Topic #46523 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see the National Finals set up being a real plus. We are comparing apples with oranges on budgets and also By-Laws under which they operate.

I believe the benefit will be more with NBL1 and not state basketball bodies or individual clubs. There is much work to be done to understand requirements etc and not to be lured into the bright lights and fancy presentations.

I cannot see it happening in 2020 and after that it depends how nicely the clubs "play" together.

Reply #780156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have had sa as south, vic n tas as south east and wa as south west.
Qld n nt nth, nsw n act east.

Reply #780159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they don't change, they will be left behind like normal.

Reply #780163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Left behind how?

Reply #780166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm,maybe stating the obvious to above splitting of state conferences, why wouldn't wa be West? South West really?

Reply #780167 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This is how I could break up a truly national NBL1:

WA - West
SA/NT - Central
Vic/Tas - South
NSW/ACT - East
QLD - North

Reply #780195 | Report this post

Malcolm  
Years ago

Get NZ conference too I reckon.

Reply #780207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So do Pioneers come back to SA

Reply #780209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The WEst wil never be in there. The SA teams left, they couldn't afford then or now.

Reply #780210 | Report this post

West Is Best  
Years ago

The West will be in there sooner than you think

Reply #780232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 West will be announced for 2020 very soon. Central and East to be announced as well

Reply #780234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imo

North - QLD/NT
Central - NSW/ACT
East - VIC/TAS
South - SA
West - WA

Reply #780237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DRwin is about 3000k away from both adelaidef and central qld.

Reply #780238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nope

North - QLD
Central - SA
East - NSW/ACT
South - Vic/Tas
West - WA

Reply #780239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it doesnt actually mean anything.

It is just a change in the league name to include a sponsors name. similar to the shield cricket comp being changed to the pura milk cup all those years ago.

basketball sa will still run adelaide competition (lets not call it the sa league). wa basketball will still run the wa league and so on.

this is the same as victoria basketball running nbl1. when this seabl replacement league name was announced it was promoted as a sponsor name. as i understand it rather that the sponsor (NBL) putting in cash they are performing tasks for the league.

if there is an end of season ABA type competition it will only work if ba or the nbl pick up the tab for the teams travel. even then the clubs will get sick of it pretty quickly. the now nbl1 league will win most years with the occassional win by qld. the same as occurred with the ABA format.

Reply #780244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live-streaming of every game is a good thing.

Reply #780247 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Which competition will the Centre of Excellence men's team be playing in next season?

Reply #780253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754