Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Phoenix Dec 13

Well, Phoenix travel again and this time to the oasis that is Adelaide. I do believe this is the first time Sixers fans will see SEM play at the AEC and the chairs will be out in case Ben Madgen needs a dance partner. Of course the welcome mat will be rolled out too for Mitch Creek who has got about 12 more tatts than he had at the time he was looking to offload some misdemeanours.

Adelaide are home are fluid. Scoring well, and averaging over 100 ppg. But Creeky is well versed in the Force after serving under Master Joey, but there are some skills you cannot learn from a Jedi. You can only learn from the dark side. When he left the Sixers, he was but the learner, but be careful not to choke on your aspirations. That extra fire will be in his belly this game.

The last 5 games have not been fruitful for the Phoenix. Losses to Adelaide, Sydney and Perth at home, a narrow "away" loss to United, and a win against the Bullets has seen them linger around 4th spot, a hotly contested position. So what has gone wrong for them? Shooting % good, rebounds not bad, no excessive turnovers. What is their problem?

Adelaide are not without issue either, but are just a bit more thirsty and will be looking to drink tonight. While Creeky will be out to impress, you only need to pull 5 fouls on him and then the crowd can wave him off. If Joey's smart, he can use his Jedi mind tricks to pin some fouls on him and nullify his impact.

Sixers by 4

Topic #46526 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers dodged a bullet last night with Cairns losing. SHOULD win this one but if not, wrap it up and look to next year. Ohhhh hang on..... everybody has beeen signed for 2 years to coincide with the coach and his then ability to try and blackmail the club in to re-signing him. (can somebody please get somebody in the front office that knows basketball).
Guess it will be the same old same old for 2020-21.

Reply #780254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle isn't on a 2 year deal its a 1+ 1 club option

Reply #780256 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Which by definition is a 2 year deal, as it was reported at the time.

Reply #780259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers should win this and reasonably comfortable, while Sixers bench has defensive weaknesses, other than a few players most Phoenix players defence is average. Sixers by 13.

Reply #780268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@zodiac except the key difference is a 2 year deal infers he will be playing for 2 years. The 36ers can walk away after 1.

Reply #780272 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Adelaide will win.

Reply #780284 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

except the key difference is a 2 year deal infers he will be playing for 2 years. The 36ers can walk away after 1.

It's a 2 year deal and standard procedure is the second year is usually a team option and they will likely exercise that option.

Reply #780287 | Report this post

Yolo  
Years ago

@Zodiac that's is nonsense

Reply #780288 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No it isn't the vast majority of 2 year deals the last year is a team option and the vast majority of 3 year deals the last year is a player option.

Reply #780301 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

to the oasis that is Adelaide.

Reply #780302 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Anyway enough with the newbies I'm really looking forward to this one if the Sixers are even remotely serious they need to win this one to keep in touch of the Top 4.

Sixers by 8

Reply #780305 | Report this post

Yolo  
Years ago

@Zodiac you are talking nonsense. Utter crap that its standard for a two year deal to be 1+ 1

That by definition is not a 2 year deal.

Reply #780312 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

DJ will feast on piano. Sixers by plenty. Too much depth and talent.

Reply #780350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a stupid pass by DJ .... 2 for 2 and he gives up an open 3 for a forced pass and all momentum . Dumb S..t

Reply #780351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenny Screen with the most annoying voice this side of Kelli Underwood

Reply #780352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Accelerating so quick in the horizontal and then the vertical ... talk about oblique screeching commentary by the super screen

Reply #780353 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Mitch struggling. Phoenix so one dimensional. 3 or nothing. Foul trouble already. Can't handle the randle

Reply #780355 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Mitch struggling. Phoenix so one dimensional. 3 or nothing. Foul trouble already. Can't handle the randle

Reply #780356 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ordinary game and SEM very ordinary. Wild Kyle omg. Cadee clone.Eric omg.
SEM surely no chance

Reply #780357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank goodness we have Santamaria and John Casey on the commentary team. Screen and Homocide are painful to listen to.

Reply #780361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting decision by Simon Mitchell to follow in the footsteps of Kevin Braswell and rock the Elen Degeneres look - suit and sneakers. Pretty unprofessional.

Reply #780362 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers need to get DJ into the offence. Spread the flooe with randle. SEM cant play d.

Reply #780364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek kicking arse. Adelaide so inconsistent even in the same game. Mitchell is a vegood coach.

Reply #780365 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers need to get DJ into the offence. Spread the flooe with randle. SEM cant play d.

Reply #780366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone agree with me, that female commentators sounds like she knows
more about basketball in a half than Homicide's Shit talking garbage?

Reply #780368 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Come on crowd at game. Raise the atmosphere. Very quiet.

Reply #780370 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

two useless teams.

Reply #780373 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Attn: Larry Kestleman

Please don't torture us any further by having Jenny Screen on commentary moving forward.

Best regards

Everyone

Reply #780375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't much like her commentary, 368, but nonetheless I agree 100%.

Reply #780376 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Gotta laugh that the commentary had no idea a tech was called on Froling because they aren't at the game.

Reply #780380 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'll take 3 Screens over 1 homicide.

Reply #780382 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Harry harry harry. Sixers flexing now. Refs are crap. Notice they wear green. Phoenix need every call. Because have nothing to suxers.

Reply #780383 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

screen is an ok commentator - knows her stuff

why the hate?

Reply #780384 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

She definitely gets a bit wordy and can ramble but agree she generally knows what she's talking about. Meanwhile Homicide trying to explain that Sixers stat right there was horrendously painful

Reply #780385 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

yep Homicide grasping for relevance and controversy as usual

Reply #780386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd take Screen over most the male guys just because she don’t talk shit, yes her sound is unusual but who gives a fuck. She has a good analysis of the game.

Reply #780388 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

TWO good teams.

Reply #780389 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

How badly have SEM missed Wesley.

Reply #780390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she is far more knowledgable about the game than most of the commentators. if gaze was saying the same stuff they would love him. give her some time before starting the hate

Reply #780391 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Love teys.

Reply #780392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can only talk about previous games Screens done but pretty terrible. The 6ers vs jail breakers was particularly bad when she tried to input some knowledge about Adelaide clubs during the blowout and failed.
Personally, remember when we trained after lightning once and they were stretching behind baskets on middle court. Ball bounced near her on an air ball from a 16 year old and she lost her shit, calling him a f%@king idiot. Prima Donna who now thinks she can commentate.

Reply #780393 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

damn good game

Reply #780394 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hell of a quarter.

Reply #780395 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Screen and Santa yelling in to the mics whenever there has been a good play in the last two minutes has been unbearable.

Reply #780396 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Wow this has turned into an incredible game!

Reply #780397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow what a 4th quarter. So many big shots back to back.

Reply #780398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so all this hate has nothing to do with the quality of what she says , it is all personal , ha ha

Reply #780399 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Couple of mistakes from Creek and some Randle brilliance

Reply #780400 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

she can commentate

Reply #780401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My turn, Zodiac, you're a moron. Yes it's a 2 year deal but can turn into a 1 year deal if club don't exercise option, not that hard a concept to grasp. If it was a 2 year guaranteed deal, then it is a 2 year deal no matter what the club wants to do.

Reply #780402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My turn, Zodiac, you're a moron. Yes it's a 2 year deal but can turn into a 1 year deal if club don't exercise option, not that hard a concept to grasp. If it was a 2 year guaranteed deal, then it is a 2 year deal no matter what the club wants to do.

Reply #780403 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wow.

Reply #780404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Teys on?? LOL 0/2 clutch FT's

Reply #780405 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Nothing worse than an ugly brick on a ft bouncing right back to the offense.

Reply #780406 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Nice drive by Mitch there, unlucky

Reply #780407 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

One of the best games of the season. Heart in the mouth stuff.

Reply #780408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM a little unlucky, great game, fourth quarter outstanding. McVeigh and Froling got few screws lose, though Froling was very good today. Wesley back and starting in the five spot should help Phoenix.

No one guaranteed a semi spot yet, season very open.

Reply #780409 | Report this post

Callisto 14  
Years ago

Luv that " a few screws loose". Very apt !

Reply #780411 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Wonder where the Blowout Troll is these days.

Reply #780412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game very entertaining same as yesterday's game

Reply #780416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top game of hoopityball!

Reply #780418 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Blowout Troll been watching his local div 1 socials, very evenly matched comp this year.

Reply #780422 | Report this post

Kanye  
Years ago

Poopy-di scoop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
Great game of hoop
Poop-di-scoopty
Scoopty-whoop
Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop
Fun for the whole group

Reply #780423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That last quarter was fantastic to watch. I find the behaviour of Froling and McVeigh embarrassing.

Reply #780425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone please explain what the tech on Froling was for .....

Reply #780427 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Opening his mouth.
Refs are knobs.

Reply #780430 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

What happened with the hand shake or lack off with the coaches after the game?

Reply #780443 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"Can someone please explain what the tech on Froling was for ....."

I'm pretty sure it was because Froling had just owned Benson on the offensive boards and he was letting him know about it, so the refs called a tech for taunting.

Seemed like an over-reaction by the refs to me.

Reply #780445 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

That was a pretty standard tech on Froling. Taunting someone (basically yelling) right to their face kinda needs to be handled before tempers start flaring and the game gets out of hand.

Reply #780446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The worst part about Screen and the new commentators (Homicide in this too) is that they talk when they have nothing to say. They chime in with a "I'll figure it out once I start talking" mentality and it really backfires. Homicide, Screen and Santa often have these super long pauses during the middle of their sentences where you think you've lost the audio, but they're just scrambling for content.

If you don't have anything to say, then don't say it.

Reply #780447 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"The worst part about Screen and the new commentators (Homicide in this too) is that they talk when they have nothing to say."

This.

Reply #780449 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Absolutely agree with the last two posts. Silence can be golden, the likes of John Casey and the older guard nailed this to perfection. The likes of Screen and Santa just yak unnecessarily.

Reply #780455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screen was alright, it's just if she don’t talk she will never get a word in. I like commentary to let me know who the fouls on and insight to tactics instead rambling on like I told you so when once in a decade he’s got it right.

Both Froling and McVeigh think they are nba bound, they just want to behave like brash Americans. It’s annoying but when you have been talked up by commentary you get to believe it.

Reply #780459 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

almost deserved overtime... pretty to watch the fourth..... didnt notice refs in the fourth...perhaps they backed off a bit.... i know they didnt call any travels in that great fourth

Reply #780486 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Jenny Screen may ramble a bit, but she knows her stuff and personally I'd rather listen to her commentate than Homicide. But the worst thing they did was take John Casey out of the main commentary. He's the best basketball play by play announcer in the country.....by a country mile.....and they have him doing pissy crap on the sidelines.

One thing I have noticed this year in the NBL so far is that even though we've still got 40 minute games, a lot of the time both teams are scoring 100+ points. I can't figure out if teams offences have gotten better or if the standard of defence in the league has dropped.

Reply #780496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The scores match the quality of the league. The playing standard is so much better than even last season. Better imports better Aussie players.

Reply #780499 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

"Griffin.........tried to murder some people!"-Liam Santamaria

Hmmmm, given Eric Griffen's wrongful arrested history perhaps not the most appropriate reference Santa.

Reply #780600 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754