Anonymous
Years ago

Brisbane Convo

Ok, so we are half way through the season, and Brisbane are get to find any real chemistry in an unbalanced side
The coach needs to move on, not because he's a bad coach, he just hasn’t been able to getting ten wins due to his recruiting strategy.
The marketing department seem like nice people that must not watch games, because Braun and Singler literally won’t put an bums on seats. I’d go as far as to say, not one ticket has been sold as a result for them playing in Australia. Why they keep starting them and pushing out social media on them shows how out to touch they are.

Kevin Martin, from all reports is going to take an active roll on and off the court, so I’d expect that would mean bye bye to the coaches, and a new recruiting strategy (which actually choose and exciting and balanced team, as apposed to a boring team.)

Please, move in a new direction soon!!

Topic #46537 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrej look at the league, the top teams run with an import PG. You recruited so poorly as you always do. Andrej's team selection is a huge red flag. Look at the boomer's squad Creek misses out for Gliddon?? Then he goes and recruits Taylor Braun while he has Lamar Patterson. Money should be an excuse now with new owners.

Reply #780574 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Lemanis just signed a new 3 year contract before this season I doubt he will be going anywhere.

Reply #780577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was never going to end well having 2/3 imports being white guys

Reply #780578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate how people still think a contract means anything

Reply #780579 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'd probably cut Singler, bring Gliddon back into the starting line up, which free's up more minutes for Te Rangi, and probably make a play for Deshon Taylor.

Reply #780586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import / Cadee / Wigness
Sobey / Gliddon / SG(DP)
Patterson / Te Rangi / Dennis(DP)
Import / Vukona / Goldfinch(DP)
Hodgson / Magnay / Harrison

Reply #780591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The biggest problem for Brisbane is Singler and Braun. Not because they don't belong in the league. On the right team and situation they could be valuable. But in Brisbane the team balance isn’t there. Gliddon and Te Rangi can play good minutes, but they can’t get it. Imagine swapping out Singler and Braun for, say, Machado and Ashley? Or Roberson and Oliver?

The unwillingness of Lemanis to make a change reflects poorly on his judgment.

Reply #780594 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I've always defended Lemanis as Boomers coach, and probably moreso for the culture of the team and the level of play than necessarily anything he'd personally done that I could see. But his Bullets teams have been some of the strangest line ups I've ever seen, and more often than not the teams have sucked and have played a horrifically bland style of basketball.

I don't watch games involving the Bullets anymore. Time is precious and I just don't have time for Jason Cadee and people spazzing out about how good Will Magnay apparently is.

Reply #780595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Queensland is known to be the most racist state in Australia. Maybe they wanted to get braun and singler so there team wasn't too black. Why else would you get so many white imports on a basketball team?

Reply #780604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns have a few black players also a Queensland team. Think before you post Dickhead.

Braun and Singler are just budget imports skin colour irrelevant.

Reply #780607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a well known fact that Qld is the most racist state

Reply #780621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Singler isn't the problem he’s cheap - Braun is though

Reply #780622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All states have racism are you suggesting that all people who live in Queensland are racist..

Reply #780623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Qld does have a high percentage of one nation voters.

Reply #780624 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Hoping K-Mart Lite can nullify Lemonass's contest without financial penalty following the train wreck that will be this season. Moving on a bunch of potato players would be a cherry on top.

Also hoping he doesn’t bring in a basket case coach like Shamir.

Reply #780864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754