Anonymous
Years ago

Perth 2020/21

Will be a different team with Martin gone and I dare say Hunt gone too.
Wagstaff will be in his final season. Vague is a free agent after this season.
White may return who knows.
Wani Swaka is signed for two more years.

Will Cotton play as a local that is the big question.
I think Perth will need an import point guard I don't think Norton is ready for starting gig.

How do you see Perth's roster shaping up?...

Topic #46541 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/46530-2020-2021-nbl-season/

Reply #780625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import/ Norton
Cotton/ Steindl
Import/ Wani Swaka
Kay/Wagstaff/
Import/ Majok

Based on Cotton being naturalised.
Otherwise Perth could hopefully lure Brandt back as I definitely think they need an import point guard.

Left the 11 spot vacant not sure if Travers will go to college.

Vasilijevic or Jack White would be a good pick up.

Reply #780632 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Why on earth would think Martin will be gone?
If he has or will take a pay cut, fitting into the bench cap, then he still has a lot to offer, off the bench.

Vague need to get his finger out if he wants to remain a Wildcat. Glesson loves him, but he will also attract interest from elsewhere as he still has plenty of upside.

It will be interesting to see what path they take as Martin transitions to retirement.
Norton is the heir-presumptive, but is that the path they will ultimately take?
I think its hard to predict with the Hunt question currently dogging the starting 5.
If you look at the way the game is currently played, do we really need a dedicated PG on the court all the time?? I think in the future we may need more production form that position, but that could come from sliding Cotton and White around.

Obviously having an extra import slot up our sleeve will be handy, but I don't think that automatically translates to hiring a gun import PG.

Reply #780641 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats will be getting Sunday Dech and Daniel Johnson. Plus Cotton as an Aussie, White, Oliver from Cairns, Martin will be off the bench.

Norton will return to Illawarra

Reply #780673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does Kay leave

Reply #780676 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Kay will start divorce proceedings and stay with the Wildcats. They'll become penpals.

Reply #780700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Wilburs so name your squad for 2020 21

Reply #780703 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Norton will return to Illawarra"

Incorrect.
Under NBL any player leaving the Wildcats must play at least one season with Cairns.
(Dech doesn't count because he wasn't full-time.)

Reply #780835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754