Anonymous
Years ago

Darington Hobson is horrible

Now now watching this guy play makes me feel ill, he is that horrible. What happened to that list the hawks had on that whiteboard? Im going to give Billy Preston more time to fit in. Hobson is 32 years old has played around the globe. This guy isn't NBL standard.. Puts up a million shots plays suspect defense.

Topic #46598 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree, he's a bum.
But Preston doesn’t look like much either.
A good athlete with poor skills and a very low basketball IQ.
They would have been better off spending more for one stud

Reply #782190 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What was Hobson doing immediately before joining the Hawks? Could he be out of shape or still recovering from an injury?

Reply #782191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He looks super lazy and is taking way to many shots that should be going to the younger players they're trying to develop. Horrible hire by Stratford and co

Reply #782192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither are needed, get Ball back and play the locals, they are out finals contention anyway.

Reply #782194 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Hawks have been a disasters all year in terms of actual basketball which last I checked was he reason the NBL existed is to play/win basketball games.

However it appears the hawks season has been a resounding success because they got a heap of clicks/likes/views from cut up clips of Ball on social media.

Reply #782198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if the quality of imports or lack there of, has had anything to do with Melo's injury... I wouldn’t want to have these guys around me when I’m trying to raise my stocks.

Reply #782202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FG performance so far has been pretty poor:

0/2
3/10
1/10

That debut from Hobson and Preston where they went 1/10 and 1/11 in the same game was especially unfortunate.

Reply #782208 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Preston only averaged 7ppg and 4 reb in the gleague. Hardly stats that say sign me

Reply #782211 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Can't fault the hawks for at least trying. Clearly they don't have much coin to spend.
He presumably hasn't been playing since last season in Italy??

But yes, he's had what 3 games now to get hi eye in? Needs to start producing.

Reply #782215 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Matt Campbell and the Hawks have no want to win.

They just want to survive on scraps from the NBL and be a freak/side show.

Reply #782220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The three Matts stafford csmpbell and flinn have no right to be involved with the Hawks let alone the Nbl.

The Hawks wont be around much longer as they are not viable snd the Nbl is a bit of a joke anyway.

Allowing the kings to spend what they want genius thats really going to be benefical.

Reply #782233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't there talk that the team wanted to play with their locals but were forced by the NBL to sign some imports? Maybe they are so broke that these flogs were the only players desperate enough to return their calls

Reply #782234 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yeah the Hawks didn't want to sign any more imports Hobson & Preston were both forced onto them by the NBL.

Reply #782236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please remember it's "FORMER-NBA" player Darrington Hobson.

Reply #782238 | Report this post

Bert  
Years ago

This just makes the Hawks look more a laughing stock then they already were.

Reply #782241 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hobson averaged 13p, 5r and 4r, shooting 46% FG and 38% 3p in the Italian Lega A last season, which isn't too far off the NBL. He's no chump, but he needs to show that a bit more often.

Reply #782253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Nbl forcing the Hawks to take pressure of Ball and sign imports to do so.

Seriously is he that fragile he wont do squat in the NBA if thats the case.

Kessler or whatever his name is what a deuce if you are going to push your agenda pick another club.

All the hype and not much substance.

Reply #782255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was going to say that instead of signing Hobson they may as well have signed liangelo ball. The increased viewer interest would've at least been positive.

Reply #782257 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think it was about taking pressure off of LaMelo at all.

I suspect the NBL and the Hawks knew all along that LaMelo was probably going to cut short his season here, there was an article from a journo about a month before it happened that basically signalled it.

Working off of the assumption that LaMelo won't play again I think the Hawks knowing they were way out of contention anyway were probably fine just blooding young guys the rest of the way which would likely lead to some big losses over the second half of the season but the NBL wanting to protect the brand by keeping the Hawks competitive insisted on Hobson & Preston being added to their roster.

Reply #782258 | Report this post

Years ago

Hey, are the Hawks trying to get a new owner? Hearing rumours.

Reply #782272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I say good plan, tanking for that number 1 overall draft pick and taking Lamelo Ball!!!
.......hang on a sec?

Reply #782275 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It had nothing to do with "taking pressure" off him.
It was about not making him and the next stars program look ridiculous, as it would otherwise appear that he only got minutes and stats because his team was a total joke.
Wait and See I guess, but ALL their imports need to get their finger out.

Reply #782370 | Report this post

Atrocious.

Reply #782467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754