D2.0
Years ago

Sydney v Perth - Sat 28th: 5:30pm @Qudos

"Top of the Table Clash" and, dare I say it, another prelude to the Grand Final.

IMHO it's made interesting because both teams have been through a bumpy patch, and because their previous encounters have been so curiously one-sided.
Perhaps slightly more interesting, because like all teams this round, both must back up and play again. (But maybe not, as Sydney will play the Hawks and won't be expecting a tough 2nd game?)

Neither team was impressive last round. Sydney getting rolled by lowly Brisbane before somehow schlepping past a hapless Phoenix. Perth getting pantsed at home by United.

I'm assuming Moller is still out for Sydney, whilst Swaka Lo Buluk could make a return for Perth. I think much will depend on whether Martin has recovered from last week's mystery ailment. Perth were unable to contain Trimble, and if they give Ware the same freedom, it could be lights out.

Up front, the shambles that is Perth's 5 spot should provide some comic-relief against Bogut. Maybe its all part of some "cunning plan" to confuse him?
Will Bogut start the mind games by telling Hunt he's never going to make it to the NBA?

Difficult one to tip. As such, whilst the odds should clearly favour the home team, I'm going to tip Perth in an Upset.

Topic #46617 | Report this topic

Where the jack Toft?

Reply #782734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"whilst Swaka Lo Buluk could make a return for Perth"

He returned game lol

Reply #782737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last game*

Reply #782738 | Report this post

I assume J Toft will do a proper thread tomorrow yeah.

Reply #782740 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jack had too much pudding and Pav.... he is shot.

Reply #782748 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Steindl out... baby

Reply #782750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done #782737 above
it took you two posts to make the point that the least important player on the team actually played last week and achieved nothing
plus you still managed to fuck it up

is every Perf fan a dickhead?

Reply #782752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scratch that, just read perfwerld replying to himself.

Maybe "The Art of being a Dick" is a special class taught in Perf schools?

Reply #782753 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

People treating Moller like he is Kevin Garnett boggles my mind.

Reply #782756 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sooooo... is Moller playing?

Reply #782759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" and achieved nothing"

No, he actually clarified that Wani returned last week. What was it that got you so enraged? I mean, you also made two posts, responding to yourself, just so you could say “Perf” as if its a funny slur. So yeah, well done.

Reply #782762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering Garnet and Moller play different positions I'm not certain what point you’re making but lots of kings fans can’t wait to have him back. They are 3 wins 3 losses without him. He’s exactly what the kings needed the last few seasons and Melbourne seems to be missing him this season. He does stuff stats don’t show.

Reply #782765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch and Moller out.

Reply #782766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daddy Moller. Please stay off the forums.
Thanks

Reply #782769 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Will Bogut start the mind games by telling Hunt he's never going to make it to the NBA?"

More likely a crack about not being NBL standard.

Reply #782774 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

No Didi either, expected to miss 2-3 weeks with a calf injury.

Reply #782788 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Lot's a stake today and Sydney this time of year is known for its fireworks. And that's what we will get today.

At home, Perth Pussycats are either lions or kittens. They double dacked Sydney in Perth last time they met, but Sydney at home are another level. Maybe they like their mums tucking them into bed at night. Didi is out this game so his fast paced play will be missed.

The only real question today is how many flops can the Flopstaff get away with?

Sydney by 5

Reply #782790 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So Didi and Steindl out? Do they balance eachother out?

Impossible to predict this game. Hopefully its a cracker whatever the result, but could just as easily be a blowout either way.

Reply #782794 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Injuries starting to pile up for Sydney. Perth to get this one.

Reply #782796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did the king stuff Brian Bowen career in the NBA only 3games 0.7points

Reply #782797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out Lisch , Louzarda and Moller, three kings that play very good defence, offset by Cook coming in an Steindl being out. This is the sort of game that brings the best out in Cotton. Kings keep Cotton to around twenty they can win it, don't and see you later. My gut telling me Sydney just by two and Casper to be huge.

Reply #782799 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Sydney are at a disadvantage tonight.... They'll only have 3 imports

Reply #782803 | Report this post

Perf to win.

Reply #782805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"whilst Swaka Lo Buluk could make a return for Perth"

Ummmmm I don't see how that is possible but the guy who calls people mental midgets if they disagree with him couldn't be wrong I suppose.

Reply #782814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't have an issue with the Perth team, but due to the arrogance of the fan base and the posters on here, as always, hope the opposition wins.

Kings by 12

Reply #782849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooks and Tate are starting together who is the PF

Reply #782850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We're only arrogant cos we've won so many titles.

Reply #782858 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Only one finger left for that tenth ring. Where will we wear our eleventh? Time for a Red Army brainstorming session to figure this one out.

Reply #782859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Winning usually leads to a humble classiness. You lot, lack any sort of class, u like the actual playing group. Martin for example is one of the classiest guys the league has seen, but his biggest fans are sad types.

Reply #782861 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

96-77 last time around. Let's make it a 20+ margin tonight.

Reply #782862 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

A 20+ margin would not surprise me at all

Reply #782863 | Report this post

Let's go Wildcats let's go.
96-77 last time round.
70 in the first half.

Reply #782864 | Report this post

Wani Swaka Lo Buluk with first quarter minutes.

Reply #782865 | Report this post

24-22 Perth.

Reply #782867 | Report this post

@QT.

Reply #782868 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Andrew Bogut with first quarter dunk shot

Reply #782869 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Nitpicking but dunno how Wagstaff keeps getting away with such BS every game. If you were a ref surely you'd think twice before whistling a foul against him.

Reply #782872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys Vague is so bad at basketball

Reply #782875 | Report this post

Sydney holding up well with just the three imports and hoops forum favourite Moller not playing.

Reply #782876 | Report this post

Game on moles

Reply #782877 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

So did Sydney manage to bring in another import in time to replace Didi or Lisch?

Reply #782879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great offensive set my Perth to end the half.

Reply #782880 | Report this post

Louise Ransome :)

Reply #782881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok pervworld

Reply #782883 | Report this post

Wendy Byrd  
Years ago

"So did Sydney manage to bring in another import in time to replace Didi or Lisch?"

That was what the Xavier Cooks signing was for

Reply #782884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Took some big shots for the cats to stay in it. Kings didn't have to much trouble taking control.

Reply #782885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex maric does not look 6 11

Reply #782886 | Report this post

Brad Dalton aging well

Reply #782887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see then finally calling some of the moving screens

Reply #782888 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Who could have predicted that the guy who goes down with an ankle sprain would be the guy wearing Delly 1's

Reply #782889 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Terrible refereeing - bad call on one end followed up by make up call on the other, repeat as nauseum.

Reply #782890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cats can't contain Casper

Reply #782891 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Reffing has been shit both ways this last quarter.

Reply #782892 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Props to Perth. Amazing shooting 2 games in a row against Sydney.

Reply #782893 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Kings can't contain Cotton

Reply #782894 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Gaze wants hand checking off the ball just because "context" ,

Reply #782895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton is the best player in the NBL

Reply #782897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it's not even close

Reply #782898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth at their worst was last week and at their best they will win the title

Reply #782899 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Not exactly 20+ but I'll take it.

We the kings.

Reply #782900 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell has to tear up his 'Casper is Amazing' speech. Cotton is unbelievable.

Reply #782901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton is better then Casper

Reply #782904 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Enjoyable enough game I suppose
:)

Reply #782905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton actually did a decent job in Ware, he was just hitting some bullshit shots. The Kings did not contain Cotton well at all.

Reply #782906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

suck shit kings

Reply #782908 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cotton best player on the court and on fire, that was the difference. Kings did a really poor job taking advantage of the foul count in the 4th too I thought, just looked for Ware when we should have been force feeding Tate against Wagstaff.

Reply #782911 | Report this post

#wethekings.

Reply #782912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kings did a really poor job taking advantage of the foul count in the 4th too I thought"

Absolutely. The refs couldn't have set them up any better for the win but they kept relying on outside shots.

Reply #782913 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, the refs really favoured the kings tonight. #eyeroll

They were awful all round. The shaved head ref who's name I don't know was particularly terrible.

Reply #782915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well you were the one who mentioned the foul count in the final quarter. How many of those were actually fouls?

Reply #782917 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Probably the same percentage of them that were bad calls that went the other way. As I said, refs were awful. I don't think they favoured one team over the other overall or changed the end result, just another embarassing performance from the guys in green.

Reply #782918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus lol I'm not a Perth fan and even a blind mouse could see Perth we’re getting toweled up by the refs at the start and all the way till the end by the refs. Those three fouls on the development player and a couple on hunt were farcical calls to get the kings back into it. That was a typical home cooking officiating

Reply #782921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Start of the fourth quarter

Reply #782922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're also forgetting Bogut getting away with numerous illegal screens again (but then acting incredulous when he did get pinged for one)

Reply #782923 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bogut was far from the only one.

Reply #782924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry. Tate too.

Reply #782926 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I didn't think the Kings were getting favoured. Maybe some each way that didn't need to be called but nothing particularly unusual or influential.

Reply #782928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to see what Weaver complains about in this weeks press conference

Reply #782929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He could complain constantly for the entire press conference and it still wouldn't come close to Gleesons effort today. It would be too little too late.

Reply #782930 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

This is intolerable.

The league needs to allow the Kings to have a 5th import just in case Didi is injured (even the Sydney commentators called Didi the Brazilian Import).

Furthermore the fifth import's salary must not count on the soft cap so Bogut can still say they aren't that much over the cap.

Reply #782935 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I was impressed by the calmness of Trevor Gleeson today.

Reply #782937 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Those three fouls on the development player and a couple on hunt were farcical calls to get the kings back into it. That was a typical home cooking officiating

A) Perth get those too, let's accept everyone gets them and stop pretending.

B) Pozoglu's 3 fouls were all on him, they were soft and one evevn could have been a non-call but he put himself in a position where a wiley player like Bruce can draw it out of him.

Reply #782941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson controls the game, I was on the opposite sideline and could hear him whining continuously. Kings need to get Didi, Lisch and Moller back asap. The kings defence and rebounding has not been anywhere near as good since he's been out.

Reply #782946 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I must confess that I haven't kept up to date with Sydney's injuries.
so, no Moller, Lisch, or Didi?
I won't claim it would have changed my lack of prediction, but that certainly made things tougher.

I didn't mind the idea of his starting 5 at first, but it just plainly didn't work.

Sydney have a huge problem when they try to rely too heavily on Ware to score. He'll shoulder the load, but at the expense of dishing it up for others.

Once again, Weaver has been outcoached, and been unable to recover when things don't go his way.

Reply #782947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 wins 4 losses since Moller been out. I don't understand it but there the facts.

Reply #782951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly you know nothing about Miller. Hustle, smarts,vision, rebounds team first and the list goes on.
I have seen many good players over a few decades and for me his one of the better all rounders I have seen. More importantly he's cool off the court and all the Kings team appreciate that as well.
A leader as well and for all the stars the Kings have he would be one of the most under rated ones.

Reply #782954 | Report this post

Hogwash72  
Years ago

Just watched the replay of this game and one thing I can say is Andrew Gaze just never stops talking!!!! Drives me insane with all the dribble. Shows they are in a studio and not at the game. Also every foul called is incorrect according to him He used to squeal at the slightest contact when he played

Reply #782959 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It might say a lot about where the commentary bar is set, but for most of the game all I felt was joy that Corey wasn't in the hub. Gaze wasn't bothering me at all.

Reply #782960 | Report this post

No Homicide made the game easier to watch.

Reply #782962 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

What a game. Cotton is just.. other-worldly. The Kings couldn't buy a bucket after a very entertaining 1st half. Refs were better this game, although I think the continual moving screen violations bear looking at.

Reply #782965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am I the only one that noticed that Ware was NEVER going to pass the ball in the last quarter unless he had absolutely no alternative.
When are coaches going to hold these cock head midget import point guards to account?
Could not give a damn about his team. Only interested in PPG stats.
Ware lost Sydney that game. No team ethic or defence what-so-ever.

Reply #782972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks. Where do you coach in any competition that may even matter. No where I assume.
Add all the Kings injuries back in and see who the game ends. That's all. Peace out.

Reply #782973 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

Never going to beat a team that shoots 52% from behind the arc. Never...ever.

Reply #782975 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Am I the only one that noticed that Ware was NEVER going to pass the ball in the last quarter unless he had absolutely no alternative."

No, you weren't the only one,
but their is the matter of cause and effect.
he's not normally so selfish and was either under instructions, or was trying to carry his team to victory having observed the rest of the kings tossing bricks all game.

Reply #782976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow weaver is a sook, straight away in the press conference, "didnt go to the line after that" and complaining that only Perth gets away with illegal screens... very unbecoming of a professional, sideline in game is one thing, but publicly and openly claiming you got done overin the press conference is poor.

Reply #782977 | Report this post

Jackson  
Years ago

that's rich. Calling somebody a coward who states the obvious while hiding behind the name anonymous. You got to hand it to the Perth fans though. At least they're consistent in their low IQ posts.

Reply #782978 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Weaver usually has a dig at the refs in the press conference with things haven't gone his team's way. IMO part of that is campaigning for the next time they play that team, but part of it is also frustration and looking to apportion blame.

In reality, Sydney haven't found a solution to stopping Perth's ability to hit pull-ups and floaters. Initially yesterday they sent their PF to defend the screen and leaving Bogut in the paint, but once Perth went with Kay and Wagstaff that didn't work.

They didn't find a solution to SE Melbourne either, they just outscored them. The Kings went through a similar thing last season with their drops defence, Gaze wasn't able to find a solution. Weaver is a much better coach, will be interesting to see what they come up with. I suspect we'll see more of the Cooks/Tate frontcourt in those situations.

Reply #782980 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Confirms what i have been saying. COTTON IS TOO GOOD. Limit his options of touching and shooting the ball. Ware is the best on ball defender in the league. Can't be done 1 on 1. Double team him and make someone else beat you. Bogut protects the hoop the other 4 need to focus on stopping Cotton. Perth have options with Kay, Wagstaff, Steindl and White, but when Cotton gets going he is unstoppable.

Reply #782981 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

In reality, Sydney haven't found a solution to stopping Perth's ability to hit pull-ups and floaters. Initially yesterday they sent their PF to defend the screen and leaving Bogut in the paint, but once Perth went with Kay and Wagstaff that didn't work.

They didn't find a solution to SE Melbourne either, they just outscored them. The Kings went through a similar thing last season with their drops defence, Gaze wasn't able to find a solution. Weaver is a much better coach, will be interesting to see what they come up with. I suspect we'll see more of the Cooks/Tate frontcourt in those situations.
Basically, it's become obvious that Sydney, short a couple of players, can only get within a few points of teams that have season-high 3PT% nights.

Bizarre to me that people think the sky is falling for the Kings when all they have to do is not run into 50+% three-point shooting more than twice. Which seems pretty doable to me.

Reply #782982 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Does anyone think the sky is falling in for the Kings? What is concerning for them is Bryce Cotton has produced three big games where he has exploited their defensive strategy and Terrico White has now done it twice in a row.

If that's the most likely grand final match-up, they need to find answers or Perth will shoot a very high clip from three against them in the playoffs.

They couldn't find the solutions last season when Melbourne used similar offensive strategies, let's see if they can this year. They have a better coach and personnel to do so, but at this point their D hasn't been great of late.

Reply #782985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" can only get within a few points"

You mean losses of 19 and 13 points?

Reply #782986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is LV and his continued analysis that Perth are not in the same tier as Sydney and Melbourne?

Reply #782987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney beat Perth in the first meeting this season with a full squad, IF and it's a big if they can get them back and all playing a few games before the finals they are still in this.
Remove three quality players from any team and they will struggle. Perth are certainly favourites and have been all season.

Reply #782990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're absolutely still in this but let's not pretend their injuries have left them short-handed.

Perth were without Steindl yesterday who has been crucial for them in the past six weeks.

Reply #782992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Thanks. Where do you coach in any competition that may even matter. No where I assume.
Add all the Kings injuries back in and see who the game ends".

Actually do coach and have done for 20 years, so you assume wrong.
Adding all the injured Kings players in makes no difference to the fact that a tiny self interested point guard is more worried about his shots than the team. He still won't pass them the ball.

and to Joe ... "Never going to beat a team that shoots 52% from behind the arc. Never...ever."
You are exactly right.... so try defending them. Bogut playing drops defence as deep as he does (with his hands down) is giving up 10 -12 foot jump shots and floaters. He did the same thing against Milos Teledosic in the bronze medal game against Serbia at the last Olympics and people wondered why we couldn't defend them.

Reply #782993 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Both teams jerseys looked like their regular uniforms.
Can't imagine any of their fans reaching into their pockets to purchase these.
NZ and SEM are clearly visible along with the Hawks but the rest suck with silhouettes that don’t even show up on tv.

Reply #783002 | Report this post

Wendy Byrd  
Years ago

"Initially yesterday they sent their PF to defend the screen and leaving Bogut in the paint, but once Perth went with Kay and Wagstaff that didn't work."

Do you have any examples (the time of game) when they used the PF. I just want to watch on the replay for my own learning

Reply #783009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings had two starters out and a great bench player, remove White, Martin and Wagstaff from Perth and see how they go. A fit Lisch means more to Sydney than Martin does to Perth as well.

Reply #783014 | Report this post

Excuses for losing.
Sydney were at home still have Ware, Newley, Tate, Cooks, Bogut, Bruce and Kickert.

Perth get little from point guard and centre position.

Reply #783019 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Where is LV and his continued analysis that Perth are not in the same tier as Sydney and Melbourne?

I can't wait for his next installment.

Reply #783020 | Report this post

Lol Sydney and Perth are in their own tier.
United are in the pack.

Reply #783023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl was missing too. Martin didn't play from the halfway point of the third. So they did remove him but still won.

Reply #783024 | Report this post

Top spot no longer a foregone conclusion.
Perth finish with 5 of last 6 at home.

Reply #783025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anything Perth were better when Martin went down. He gave them nothing at either end. Norton was very effective.

Reply #783026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Norton was excellent and Perth were better when Martin went off. Sydney could still fall to third if they don't get a few troops back soon. A lot will depend on how Sixers go as they have Perth, Melbourne and Sydney to play a few times.

Reply #783035 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"If anything Perth were better when Martin went down. He gave them nothing at either end. Norton was very effective."

Martin has been playing injured. Hard to tell what. Trev keeps foxing in the pressers. Looking at his lack of mobility, I would guess at a lower-back, or maybe something in the abdominal area.

From the outset, they had Cotton guarding Ware, which is a risky move.

Be interesting to see what the strategy is against Adelaide. Obviously Norton will have to play more minutes, and I'm guessing Cotton will cover the balance at the point.

Reply #783062 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Does anyone think the sky is falling in for the Kings?
Well, Homicide. But then that's nothing new for him.

What is concerning for them is Bryce Cotton has produced three big games where he has exploited their defensive strategy and Terrico White has now done it twice in a row.
And they won one of those games by 20. Not exactly panic stations.

Reply #783173 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seem to recall Perth DP got 3 fouls in 45 seconds. The next Perth foul Sydney went to the line. The 5th and 6th Perth fouls, Sydney took side ball.

Flopstaff is not a pretty sight, but refs like him.

Reply #783203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Gleeson convinced the refs that the Kings didnt want the free throws so they were forced to inbound the ball instead.

Reply #783204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was very close to Gleeson, he controlled the game, reasonably mundane in the first half but really stepped it up in the second. I was amazed how efficient he was with refs and getting calls, a lot of them 50-50 but always favouring Perth. He's a smart coach.

Reply #783213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson outcoached Weaver. Bottom line. Teams are beginning to figure Weaver out. Kings have lost 4 of last 6. Be interesting to see what adjustments Weaver makes the second half of the season. Now we see if he's the real deal or yet another fraud.

Reply #783215 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Refs were frightened of Goorjian. They take notice of what Gleeson says, now.

Reply #783219 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

Attention to all nbl coaches. Simply have your team shoot over 50% threes and have your best guy ring up 39 points. You'll beat that silly Weaver fellow who still leads the league. Brilliant.

Reply #783224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs are scared of Gleeson moaning and moaning so they give him every favour.

Weaver will be a better coach when he gets his three injured players back that all play great D.

Perth will better when they get a bit of humility.

Reply #783227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget the Kings were missing Lisch, who is a former MVP and defensive player of the year. Louzada, who is an NBA draft pick and had a massive game against Perth last time and Moller, who has played for the boomers. That's a lot of quality to come back.

Reply #783228 | Report this post

Yes Moller has played for the Boomers....the NBL version.

Still big outs but people need to move on Sydney weren't without talent on the day.

Reply #783233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs are scared of Gleeson moaning and moaning so they give him every favour.

This make no sense.

Reply #783236 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Don't really get the beeyatching to be honest.

Weaver’s press conference was fine ...he said exactly the correct thing - Perth are physical, best screen setters in the league and we want to aspire to be that. He also stated they knew what they had to do – keep Perth off the O Boards (lost count 14-7).

On the injuries – you can only play the team that fronts up and both Sydney and Perth have the depth to cover. Steindel out obviously focussed Cotton and White on what they had to do and martin missing the 2nd half allowed Norton to re-show that he is a pretty good defender (also thank the Lord he stopped driving at Bogut as he has done last couple of Kings games).

Gleeson is probably my least favourite Cats coach – his constant whinging (like Weaver, Vickerman & Wright) is poor and I don’t know why the refs don’t just T them up from round 1. However he is also the best coach we’ve had – he has built a team that everyone knows their role, everyone works and the chemistry is strong. Perth get the ball in scorers hands – runs the pick & whatever variation.

Sydney still deserve to be title favourites – just think Bogut will switch on and they’ll get all their pieces back.

Reply #783237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weaver initially praised the Cats for screening well, but once he brought the refs into (he said the pregame discussion was about legal screens) it became obvious he was blaming the refs for allowing Cotton to have free reign.

Reply #783241 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Both teams jerseys looked like their regular uniforms.
Can't imagine any of their fans reaching into their pockets to purchase these."

And thank God for that!
Last thing we want is a bunch of idiots rocking up to games in cartoon tops.

WTF is next? Muppets? Super-Heroes? Star Wars?

Maybe we should just have a boozer round, so all the SEM fans can wear their VB singlets, and Cats fans can dig out their old Swan Gold uniforms.

Reply #783246 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If whinging and moaning is your main gripe of a head coach, he is probably doing a good job.

Reply #783249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's no doubt that Gleeson is doing a great job, unquestionable, from my vantage point though I was amazed with what he got away with. You certainly would not last long in junior ranks talking to refs like that.

If I had my way coaches would only be able to speak to refs in time outs, it’s the players they should be talking to.

Reply #783260 | Report this post

Dazz calm down fella.

Reply #783261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's the sack Gleeson topic now?
Someone also mentioned Perth and humility, that ain't ever gonna happen. Certainly one of the reasons I hate Perth. No humility ever seen.

Reply #783263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Na you just hate them cos they win all the time

Reply #783290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, you hate Perf "cos Perf fans is arrogant"
Is that really the best your feeble little mind could come up with?
In all honesty I would say that Perth and Adelaide people are the least arrogant in Australia.
Unlike those in Sydney and Melbourne they are not raised to believe they have the right to rule the entire country, nor are they deluded into thinking their city (or any Australian city) is any more than a pimple on the arse of the planet. Ask anyone from Perth and they will happily confess every fault their city has. Unlike Victorians, who can't wait to get out of the place, but still insist that the sun shines out of Melbourne's ass.
Plus last I checked Perth doesn't go around stealing other cities sporting events and insisting that every major sporting event be held in Melbourne, every year, in perpetuity.

I think many posters in here are just pissed that the NBL is the one sport in this country that Sydney and Melbourne have not managed to fuck over, and worse still where Perth and Adelaide are the two most successful teams.
Despite always punching above our weight, I don't think Joey and the boys are in contention this year, but I for one will laugh my fucking ass off if Perth pips Sydney and Melbourne again.

Reply #783294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never mentioned the word arrogance ccockwomble.
Then you go off on a tangent about who knows what and the issue I raised.
Humility mate. Go look it up in the dictionary cos you haven't a clue what it means. You are the true example of a Perth fan.

Reply #783295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delusional # 294 just delusional.

Reply #783296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on 294

Reply #783306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to see humility at its finest, go follow Sydney's owner on Twitter!

Reply #783307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he's good. I barely noticed him blaming the refs for the loss the other day.

Reply #783309 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Might suggest sydney are the Collingwood. With that issue called collywobbles. Sydney have own version sydneecrumbles. Makes appearance and isolates self within kingdom of purple Muppets.
Finals aren't won in first half of a season. Comes econd half the crumblies are shattered.
Shit sinks and cream rises. Wildcats rule.

Reply #783314 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Written like a true Wildcats fan.

Reply #783315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I never mentioned the word arrogance ccockwomble"
As somebody once said, better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and prove you're an imbecile."
if you don't get the relationship between arrogance and humility, then you need to give up the meth and go back to school.

"You are the true example of a Perth fan."
He says, even though I am obviously not. But why not lump us all in the same boat, that is after all typical of the Pacific Coast attitude, that the rest of the continent doesn't matter.

I'm praying that somehow Cairns can go all the way and stick it right up your ass. But if not and it comes down to Sydney or Perth I know who I'll be cheering for, and it won't be your overpaid harbourside cocksuckers.
i can't wait until Sydney inevitably goes bust, as they always do, and the league can go back to normal. Biggest city in the country and you can't even field a single team without cheating. Typical.

Reply #783316 | Report this post

I think we all want to see Sydney lose grand final to Perth.

Reply #783317 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kings are arrogant.... Sydney you running on memories. Cairns v Perth be justice. Underdogs v the big dawgs.

Reply #783319 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"And they won one of those games by 20. Not exactly panic stations."

Is anyone, apart from Homicide, suggesting it's panic stations? However, given they've also lost two to Perth by double figures, they need to find better answers before the playoffs because a 1/3 winning ratio won't get them where they want to go.

For me, it's less Kickert at back-up C and more Cooks, which they can do once Moller is back. The fact they defend the same way with Bogut and Kickert allows Perth to get into a rhythm. They need to be able to change it up when Bogut goes to the bench.

Reply #783332 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"For me, it's less Kickert at back-up C and more Cooks, which they can do once Moller is back. The fact they defend the same way with Bogut and Kickert allows Perth to get into a rhythm. They need to be able to change it up when Bogut goes to the bench."

I think you're onto something there. A decent backup centre who can hustle and stretch on D would definitely help.

In terms of recruiting, you’d probably need another import though. What cheaper Australian would fit the role?

Miller probably hides this a lot when playing because he’s so mobile and active.

Reply #783337 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

How will they cover Kickitties rebounding?

Reply #783352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller is also long, his arm span looks 7' plus. Sometimes it’s the little things that win big games, Damien Martin has been doing it for decade, hands in the lane, pressure on the shooters. Kings are missing this.

Reply #783353 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

""For me, it's less Kickert at back-up C and more Cooks, which they can do once Moller is back. The fact they defend the same way with Bogut and Kickert allows Perth to get into a rhythm. They need to be able to change it up when Bogut goes to the bench."

I think you're onto something there. A decent backup centre who can hustle and stretch on D would definitely help.

In terms of recruiting, you'd probably need another import though. What cheaper Australian would fit the role?"

It's true that Perth out rebounded Sydney, and their work at the offensive end garnered 19 2nd-chance points. 11 extra points right there. And yes, that is particularly damming given Bogut's presence and role.

Reply #783360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickett has had a good season but Miller rebounds and hustles well.

Reply #783368 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Kickett is the league's tallest shooting guard.

Reply #783370 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754