Dante Exum - BEAST MODE activated

Dante with 28 points on 11-13 from the field, 4-4 from 3 point range.

Is this the breakout performance we've been waiting for?

Topic #46671 | Report this topic

Dave Q  
Years ago

I sincerely hope so! I hope even more that his body holds together for longer than a few weeks at a time. Go the kid!

Reply #784763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow

Reply #784766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aflmost won it for them.
Already calls for sexton to backup Exum.

Reply #784767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum scores 28 points in only 24 minutes taking only 13 shots.

People like ME, rjd, koberulz who said Dante is not a lock for the Tokyo Olympics, please get your heads checked.

IMO dante is better than delly right now and should be a starter for the boomers.

Reply #784775 | Report this post

NBA and FIBA are different styles of play.
Great performance from Exum would want to see more like this.

Reply #784777 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"People like ME, rjd, koberulz who said Dante is not a lock for the Tokyo Olympics, please get your heads checked."

Ok, so is he suddenly a lock now? Talking about a guy who barely saw the court until today, so as of now he's still not a lock.

I also never said he shouldn't make the team either. Today's game is a step in the right direction

Reply #784779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game but I don't think 1 great one in 5+ years proves anyone wrong or makes him a lock for anything. Playing like that will at least buy him more opportunities to prove himself and I really hope he makes the most of them.

Reply #784781 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I would love to see him do well. Let us all say it though he is a Bust for a Lottery Pick. The best we can hope for from Dabte is to be like Shaun Livingstone at very best. The whole upside he had that he could grow into an all-star caliber player was a smokescreen. Also what the hell is going on with Delly guy is shooting 12% from 3 and he attempts 2 a game. This new shooting Style has not helped and he will be out of the NBA soon.

Reply #784784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Beast Mode"

Reply #784795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he shown some form, let's hope it continues. On the other side coin Makur has been terrible, doesn’t seem a smart player.

Reply #784797 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Hopefully he doesn't get injured now

Reply #784799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And some dumbasses on hoops.com said Dante is not a lock for the 2020 Tokyo team. LOL.

Reply #784804 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

I think after 5 seasons it's a bit past the 'breakout game' phase.

Reply #784809 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Lol, one good game and suddenly he's a lock for the Olympics and everyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. God I love it. Dude's are going into "Homicide Mode" right now, getting overly excited very quickly. I hope he continues to play this way and does lock himself into the Olympics. If he's in this kind of form, he'll be useful. But don't pretend you thought he was a lock leading to this because he wasn't and still has to show and prove.

Reply #784824 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Still not a lock for Tokyo, dude more chance to be back in the g league than the starting g line up if history is anything to go by

Reply #784826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME

I am guessing you would rather Mitch creek in the team lol

Reply #784837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some idiots here believe the likes of goulding, kay, sobey are more deserving of an Olympic spot than Dante, this is so funny.

Reply #784850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding was one of our few shooters and contributed well. Granted if Broekhof is available he probably takes that spot because we are light on good shooters. Kay plays a different position, so that's hardly a like for like, soI don’t get where you’re coming from. Sobey you could definitely make a case Exum could be ahead of as at the very least he gives you length on the defensive end.

Reply #784863 | Report this post

Needs more than one great game.
Get more consistent and I can understand why some stroke themselves over Exum making the team.

Reply #784883 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"I am guessing you would rather Mitch creek in the team lol"

Didn't say that, and Mitch Creek is not a lock anyway nor have I ever said he was one.

"some idiots here believe the likes of goulding, kay, sobey are more deserving of an Olympic spot than Dante, this is so funny."

This quote should go in the dictionary under the definition of a strawman argument. No one ever said anything like this. You've conflated people saying last year that those guys were worth of a spot, to somehow meaning this year, with Dante available, that somehow they supersede him, despite literally no one saying anything like that ever.

I think people would just like to see Dante healthy for 5 minutes before they lock him into anything. If the guy can walk and chew gum by July I'll lock him in to my Olympic team if that makes you happy? Provided he's healthy, yeah, kinda hard to see him missing out. But there's a big, monstrous "IF" on that clause.

Reply #784892 | Report this post

Exum needs those non slip mats in his shower so he doesn't get injured between now and Tokyo.

Reply #784898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much hate on here

Reply #784935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is the real deal. An absolute star

Reply #784960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" So much hate on here "

agree, played so well in his last 6 games for the Cavs and some people here still want Dante to "prove himself " and reckon he is not a lock for Tokyo.

Reply #784964 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Exum has always impressed me in Utah with his slashing when he is actually fit. Looking at the highlights, it appears he might've learned some moves from Ingles too. Utah fans -- and other reports -- often mentioned how restricted Exum was under Snyder, where Exum was played on a short leash, pulled from games for a small mistake. Hopefully this is a sign that the shackles have been removed. If he can knock down that 3 consistently, it will be massive.

"People like ME, rjd, koberulz who said Dante is not a lock for the Tokyo Olympics, please get your heads checked."

I know you are the same pathetic anon, probably Dave/Makur, that has been humiliated for having idiotic and hypocritical opinions in the past, losing all your credibility, which is why you don't even choose a name any more, but I did a search anyway: I found that ME and myself both included Exum in our full-strength 2020 teams. I explicitly pointed out the addition of Simmons and Exum would fix our guard depth woes that ultimately led to the team running out of steam late in the World Cup tournament. I didn't bother searching for kobe because your credibility is already gone. Thanks for still obsessing over us, though.

Reply #784975 | Report this post

Keep up the form young Exum.

Reply #784985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No minutes tonight. Guess the cavs are worried they will help them win

Reply #785115 | Report this post

Maybe injured? Burns to his shooting hand? Never been so on fire!

Reply #785121 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Exum sick hence OUT tonight.

Reply #785134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum missed a few game and back to normal procedure today. Deladova got dnp. Maker still struggling.

Reply #786544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dante was 0-2 in 20 minutes which yes is normal for him but I am hoping it becomes a bad game for him

Reply #786547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe more play defence

Reply #786548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After break out game, then miss a few with sickness, to back to average and today -28 in under 15 minutes. Around-20 worse than any team mates.
Where to now. The good thing is he's made plenty coin.

Reply #788491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone tell Dante that he is auditioning for another contract in nba, and just do something!! gets the start today and seems to just be so passive (took 1 shot) until junk time.

Reply #789274 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Pretty sure the only game plan in Cleveland is to try their best to improve Sexton's trade value by letting him shoot the ball any time he wants.

Reply #789304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:27 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754