Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers break record crowd

Over 9000 in attendance for Sixers v United. Well done!
Might be the first non Illawarra record crowd this season?
The move to the new stadium appears to have been a win

Topic #46707 | Report this topic

Fantastic news.

Reply #786013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news, for the team and for the league. As many teams with crowd support is only a positive for growth.

When Adelaide finally put together a genuine on court product, consistent and dominant, the top of port road will be rocking!!

Reply #786018 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Anyone got an idea of an NBA Aussie freeagent? Gaze indicated there's one (I assume being targeted for 2020/21 season) and Adelaide are trying to content for the signature.

I’m wondering how well resources Adelaide actually are though, I don’t think GK has that deep of pockets to have Adelaide a genuine competitor for signatures b Kings, United, Wildcats.

Perhaps there is much better sponsorship dollars? Than the past? Adelaide were living precariously for a while, hopefully that’s in the past. Would love to see a consortium join in to ensure there’s plenty of capital if/when current owner decided they’ve lost enough money.

Reply #786030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Adelaide, enjoy my 3 claps

Reply #786031 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It was a great crowd last night, and still had room in the GA area. The challenge will be to smash it again this season or next. Maybe the challenge might be to smash it during the final series when the Sixers finish fourth and push United out of the top 4.

Reply #786037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze said Adelaide are "well resourced" to compete with the big clubs. Interesting

Reply #786038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly? Broekhoff?

Reply #786041 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You've got to factor in Drewy being Drewy he might've been getting a bit carried away. If what Gaze said was true that we're in contention for an Aussie NBA free agent that would narrow things down to Deng Adel, Isaac Humphries or maybe Mangok Mathiang. I would assume it's Deng Adel.

Reply #786043 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

So Sixers have had over 80,000 people to 11 home games. Impressive! With an average ticket price estimate that is over approximately $3,000,000 revenue. Let's hope the money translates to a nice upgrade over Moore and a next star.

Reply #786045 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

Btw it's likely Deng Adel, everyone will be outbid by United though ofcourse who chuck him half a million and still struggle to contend for 4th.

Reply #786046 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

One of the best decisions by the club to move venues.

Which is a revelation given the amount of bad decisions.

Reply #786049 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

The AEC with 9000 is not as loud and rocking as Titanium arena was with 5000.

Reply #786054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure 'loudness’ is the appropriate measure of success sixtiesrockstar

Reply #786061 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Atmosphere counts for something but yeah overall definitely a good move.

MD, there are plenty of free tix distributed

Reply #786062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good move, but about as intimidating place as a baby rabbit farm. They need to find a way to get the intimidation factor up. Findon used to get barbaric and was a thing of beauty.

Reply #786066 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

United played like a bunch of carrots so it worked out pretty well.

Nice work breaking 9k

Reply #786067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide got enough ball hogs with out bringing Deng Adel in, he's no defender either. Get team first rebounding defender.

Reply #786071 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great effort, Adelaide people will turn up, reminds me of when Port and Crows left West Lakes and crowds improved

[United played like a bunch of carrots so it worked out pretty well.]

Over in the game thread, that's a bannable comment

Apparently 36ers were totally awesome and that's the only reason they won!

Reply #786073 | Report this post

Not quite right  
Years ago

The record wasn't the crowd, it was the fact they beat United with Teys playing more minutes than Randle!

Reply #786095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Great effort, Adelaide people will turn up, reminds me of when Port and Crows left West Lakes and crowds improved"

Is the location the main reason for the big increase in crowds this year?

Reply #786102 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Is the location the main reason for the big increase in crowds this year?

Yes I think so the AEC is only just outside the CBD in Hindmarsh practically on the western fringes of the CBD where as TSA was in Findon in the western suburbs so the more central location especially with the tram stop right outside the venue makes it a lot easier for those who didn't live in the western suburbs to attend.

Reply #786107 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Saturday night is kinda 36ers night, here

Reply #786113 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Official attendance was 9,034.

Compare that to the largest published attendance at Titanium Security Arena which was 8,127 for Game 2 of the 2014 GF Series against Perth. I say published attendance because there are some who believe the crowd for Brett Maher's last regular season home game there in 2009 was over the 8,200 mark.

A crowd of 9,000+ wouldn't have been possible at TSA, not without breaking a few laws since its only licensed to hold 8,000 for any event (including concerts).

So far, at least as far as attendances go, it would seem that the 36ers made the right call in moving to the Entertainment Centre, even if it is actually an older building (TSA opened in 1992, the Ent Cent opened in 1991. Ironically both opened as a replacement for Apollo).

Reply #786128 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

so if that game had been at Titanium they would have had around 7,000 so an increase of 2,000 approx 27% is good but where have they been in years gone by ?

Reply #786378 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They're probably averaging around 1,000 more per game at AEC then they were getting at TSA.

Reply #786380 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754