Isaac
Years ago

Zion Williamson vs Spurs, Jan 22

What a debut. Slow start and spent most of the time on the bench before unleashing in the fourth to score 17 straight for the Pelicans.

Finished with 22/7/3 in 18 minutes on court. 8/11 FG, 4/4 3P.

Here's the stretch where he scored 17 points in about three minutes:

Topic #46771 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow that's impressive!!

Did he get 2 dunks this game out of curiosity?

I saw a bookie was paying $2.50 for Zion to have 2+ dunks

Reply #788380 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

No dunks at all, not close to any really. Wasn't a free flowing game and as such very little space for him to explode in to space. The four triples were a very unexpected wrinkle to his game. Can’t wait until he finds his rhythm now that his debut is dusted.

Reply #788396 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I know we've got a small sample;

But this guy shoots the most ridiculous FG %'s I've ever seen;

72% in his HS school career (inclduing 78% in his final year); 68% at Duke (which is absolutely ridiculous considering he averaged 22ppg); 71% FG in 4 NBA pre-season games; and 72% in yesterday's game.

Again, I know we've got a small sample size but that type of consistency in FG% is not a fluke IMO.

Incredible numbers and there's enough to suggest he is going to be incredibly efficient.

Reply #788403 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He's a generational talent and athlete who should wind up the best player in the league in 3-5 years if he stays healthy. Good kid too, hard not to root for him to be honest. I bought league pass this year solely to see him play, and have watched maybe 7-8 games all season with him out. Now he's back I'm hoping it motivates me to get my money's worth.

Reply #788407 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Zion is definately worth watching.

So is Luka

Reply #788423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754