Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers v Sixers Jan 31

The loser of this game will be on 14 losses tonight and 14L's is about the limit for finals. It's time to start planning for the next season, unless final spots are handed out like a government sports grant scheme.

Both teams are 11 and 13 with a H&A record of 7&5 and 4&8 each and that's about where the similarity ends.

The Breakers look like they are still hungry for a spot and out to do some damage. That's pretty much the Breakers we know. The Sixers have let the opportunity slip and would be better off jumping into the Rotorua mud because they will get a roasting in Auckland tonight.

RIP Sixers, Breakers win tonight and will officially kill off the season. The funeral will be in Heysen Chapel at 2 pm on Wednesday followed by a private cremation.

Breakers by 6

Topic #46807 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair assessment....

Reply #789667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers with a good run, could win all 4.

Reply #789677 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers good run too. Starts here. This is what makes Sixers great. Back to wall stuff. Jerome will lead the charge. Breakers no one to guard him.

Reply #789683 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

If we lose this, we can all finally stop kidding ourselves that we have any chance of making Playoffs.

Reply #789685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon I love your assessments. Your so off all the time. They are terrible with the back against the wall. They have been disjointed and unhappy for weeks now. Season ends today, thank Christ. Breakers by 10

Reply #789690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez thanks for showing us two seconds of that Haka

Reply #789740 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

casey frank cheering really really hard for nz...

Reply #789742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much money are NBL players on? Tuning in to see my guy Eric Griffin and see he does not even start over there. Why lure him away from Europe on $585,000 a season and not even start him? I wish he was still here in Poland.

Reply #789744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers don't exactly start their best lineup

Reply #789745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers playing well. Just tighten up D i.e. stop easy buckets and we should be OK.

Reply #789746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

43 seconds on the shot clock

Reply #789747 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Love the New Zealand court side announcers passion for the game and love of chants. But if he could just sit a play or 2 out on the defensive end that would be great.

Reply #789748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"43 seconds on the shot clock"

Randle will dribble it down too

Reply #789749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stating the obvious, but this.is the worst 36ers team defensively in the history of the club.
Absolutely disgraceful and amateur hour

Reply #789753 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

20pts DJ lol

Reply #789755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep Adelaide off the line and we should;d get W.

Reply #789756 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

As soon as a guy shoots in the proximity of Ashley, there's an 85% chance he'll be blown for a shooting foul.

Reply #789758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine how good the Breakers would be if Ashley could stay on the floor for 25 minutes!

Reply #789760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakwrs hit 9 threes in 2 and a bit qtrs.....only one over a hand, 8 wide open. This defencw is comical

Reply #789761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every time Mcviegh gets a stat, I try to calculate in my head how much it cost the 36ers management. I fear the 'potential' money this guy is on, is crazy.

Reply #789762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joeys gone

Reply #789763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go you good thing Jordan Ngatai. He can SHOOT. But he has not been able to string back to back buckets all year. TILL NOW!

Reply #789764 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

That sweet Finn Delany turnaround and then taking it hard to the rim - I dig this!

Reply #789765 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

anyone notice Drmic and Randle jawing away at each other in the 3rd quarter?

Reply #789766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This has to be the tightest 20 point lead with 4 to go.

Reply #789767 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

McVeigh went nuts at Randle in a huddle too.

Reply #789768 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Drmic gobs off at opponents, teammates, the crowd, the kids mopping the floor and the pilot that flew them to NZ.

Reply #789769 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Sick finger roll Delany!

Reply #789770 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Interesting off season coming up for the Sixers

Reply #789771 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed Scout.

There's a lot to fix on court. A lot.

Reply #789772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle just earned Abercrombie another extension! Cooked him

Reply #789773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ pretty much let everyone know in that post game interview that shit is not good within this team.

Reply #789774 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Hope Delany is not injured too bad after that concerning finish

Reply #789775 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

DJ correctly identified that the team is dogged by selfishness

Reply #789776 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Hopefully our aim after half time became let them score so Melbourne miss out

Reply #789777 | Report this post

Yeah Naar  
Years ago

NZ commentary team should do Finals.. Much more bearable when there is no constant talk about who should be MVP, or how many points a member of the commentary team scored back in the day, or who is NBA ready

Reply #789779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Things will be fixed with Randle getting booted, absolute cancer

Reply #789780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle has to be the selfish one that DJ refers to not a team player. Hero ball at every opportunity,

Reply #789781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So I heard that JVG is trying hard to sign Wigness for three seasons. Thoughts?

Reply #789783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blow it up

Reply #789784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey has been on Wigness for 2 years already. Lock it in

Reply #789785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White: 14 mins 6 points 3 rebounds 3 assists
Teys: 8 mins 0 points 0 rebounds 2 assists

Captains stand up when backs against the wall.

Reply #789786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First play of the game Randle throws the ball out of court and yells at DJ like it's his fault.

All you need to know.

Reply #789787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wigness should play for cairns.

Reply #789788 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Randle is here for another year.

Reply #789789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or is Griffin un=guardable?

Reply #789790 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great to see NZ's home grown talent getting it done at both ends.

Reply #789791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle has another year? Watch the exodus in the off season.

Reply #789792 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What did DJ say?

Reply #789793 | Report this post

Pug Dig  
Years ago

Bugger me! What a flogging. And Randle in public arguments with team mates, DJ has clearly had a enough and from body language has no time for coach. Coach is a lunatic anyway with no answers and no buy in from playing group. They don't need JVG. This group can self implode all by themselves. JVG will just ensure they pay top dollar for the privilege!

Reply #789794 | Report this post

Kedron  
Years ago

Joey officially a dead man walking. Surely!

Reply #789795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope. Not Joeys fault. Owner put cheap team together.

Reply #789796 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yer right. And owner oversaw Frolling's sensational demise. And let Shaun Bruce go. And said he has no problem with players out drinking and fighting post cairns game ... give me a break. The guy that has just one (overpriced) championship in 20 years needs to take some responsibility for a change.

Reply #789797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hendo, many say Joey was given the reigns to put this roster together. If that's the case, or if the owner atleast believes that to be based on egos, Joey will be paid out and gone surely. He’s lost this group

Reply #789798 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Look at Cairns and Melbourne, money can't buy heart and chemistry....

Reply #789799 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It looks like it's all over for Joey one way or the other but the other players revolting against Randle tells you all you need to know about them wanting Randle back next season.

We'll see this offseason how stupid GK really is or not.

Reply #789800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle is a team option 2nd year. He ain't coming back

Reply #789801 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

JVG usually takes a bit longer than this to stuff up clubs! He's outdone even himself this time! Another Joey disciple with failure after failure on his resume, yet keeps popping up ..... like Joey.

Reply #789802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG ......

Reply #789805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers v bullets for finals spot.

Reply #789806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Joey publicly state this year was 'operation defence’? Has to go. Game passed him by.

Reply #789808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep , then the owner brought Randle in and it went to shit

Reply #789811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sooo wild right now. At start of the season I thought my biggest issue would be the Adelaide entertainment centre, but I love that! I also thought we’d be ok as a team, but we are woeful. I’ve been a Joey supporter over the years, but can’t do it anymore. If he at least tried with the fans or said something sensible at a press conferences I might give him another go. But A that won’t happen. He’s making me loose my love for the team .... quickly.

Reply #789813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mcveigh and Drmic are absolute headcases. I wouldn't want them anywhere near my team.

Reply #789814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne and Perth showed glass with the 8 second backcourt/24 second shot violation for Kobe. Cairns and Illawarra did the same just now. So what happened in this game? Amateurs.

Reply #789816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Just realized my phone was on Adelaide time, so it auto-corrected "class" to "glass", Fixed.

Reply #789818 | Report this post

Derdy  
Years ago

What a waste of a year again. Joey needs to be put on notice his game style is cooked.

Reply #789821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at Cairns and Melbourne: What in a better position to play finals than the 36's? Stop deflecting from the rabble...

Reply #789824 | Report this post

Pug dug  
Years ago

There is no way in the world the 6ers can allow Joey Wright to go on next year. Win loss terrible, but general team culture even worse if possible. Start of end f he stays.

Reply #789832 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Scoreline faltering to adelaide.

If only ngatai shot the ball against perth. Atleast he looked to have learnt from that and is now backing himself

Reply #789835 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Did DJ say his teammates were selfish in the post game interview?

The term "selfish" in the Naismith basketball dictionary is accompanied by an illustration of DJ shooting a low percentage stepback fade-away through his defender's hands. I won't even bother discussing his selfless efforts on the defensive end of the court. GRRRR

Breakers shot the lights out tonight and Abers turned back the clock.

Reply #789842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey made it very clear ramone Moore is the reason the 6ers struggled this season lol if they felt they were down an important, appropriate measures should've been taken. Seriously the nerve of this guy, ever season an excuse!!!

Reply #789851 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Think very unfair on Joey. He does shot or play d. The players do. Moore certainly didnt perform but hindered by injury. A fully fit Moore team vastly better... maybe should have cut but joey backs his guys.
DJ stating the obvious. Players do become self aware under the pump...But if able to free themselves of that weight aka Perth all the woes are gone. Winning cures all.
Budget team probably exceeded realistic expectstions. Get breakers on a roll doesnt help.they were basket case half dozen games ago. Likewise Brissy- so not exactly panic stations. Let dust settle remove emotion... bit of tinkering all that's needs..

Over react lose players - need to show confidence. Aka cairns brisbane breakers

Reply #789864 | Report this post

Perthworld Teys.  
Years ago

Sixers are fucked

Reply #789865 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

Back to back non playoff seasons for Adelaide lol.

Reply #789866 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Am.more interested in response on Sunday. That is very critical to see if spirit exists. What proud does team have. I expect phoenix to pay a big price.

Reply #789867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The response would have been on the dance floor last night. No doubt hurting again.

Reply #789874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No matter the result against the Phoenix, it's been a. Disaster season. Have finished so poorly all the 'exceeded expectation’ talk is done, it’s been the opposite. That roster has no pride, Joey has no way to get them motivated and clicking. I guarantee the owner who appears to have little idea about basketball has a clue why it all went so poorly.

Reply #789877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7 years no championships, the day after the season ends, he and his useless imports should pack up and leave

Reply #789878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been great to watch the Sixers imploding with Joey leading the ineptness. Please keep him. What a joke signinging Joey for so long and with JVG in charge now so much more to look forward too. 2 seasons to go!

Reply #789882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loved the press conference. Only reason we lost is because Ramone Moore is injured. He was injured half last year and Joey bought him back! Will this guy ever take some responsibility?

Reply #789883 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

The result against the Phoenix much like Adelaide's season is insignificant.

Reply #789888 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

haha Perth fans have a lust for others failing, so bloodthirsty!

Reply #789897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only other better thing that seeing 6'ers fans imploding is Perth fans imploding.

Reply #789898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Consider tanking every time teys starts joeys message to the toxic team let's start with rankle, drimic, dj, griffin and Dillon the rest play roles

Reply #789899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic, Drmic, Drmic

Not Drimic!!! FFS

Reply #789931 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Just to be clear, Drimic?

;)

Reply #789940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be SEM's problem next year

Reply #789942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully SEM aren't that stupid. Ask the Rangers how Drimic was there in SEABL times.

Reply #789943 | Report this post

Some are easily offended by spelling errors haha.

Reply #789945 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

while you are all calling the 'sack Joey' chant you should be including the call for the clueless owner and worse than useless CEO to keep their fingers and noses out of the recruiting and contracts.

Reply #789947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG's quote to me a few years ago when he was the Kings GM was "it's my team" Not only that he goes on every away trip as well to watgh "his team".

Reply #789954 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Vintage JvG right there. Nick Marvin was another similar narc as well.

What proud does team have.

You have a way with words.

Reply #789956 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754