Jack Toft
Years ago

Cairns v Illawarra Jan 31

More of a danger game for Cairns than they appreciate.

Cairns are likely to finish 3rd this season, but their bogie team has been Illawarra. Can you beat the Cats in Perth? Yep, tick that box in extra thick green texta. Can you beat bottom placed Illawarra? R2 - 1 point away loss; R6 - 10 point home loss; R8 - 8 point away loss...

Cairns just haven't delivered against the cellar dweller this season. Everyone points to them winning this game, but like the founder of a startup that makes male tampons, they have failed for some inexplicable reason.

Illawarra have had a season they would best forget. Wheels came off early and have lurched from game to game, giving us all slight glimmers of hope only for them to fall asleep and throw away games. Not even Freddy Kruger wants to see them on Elm street.

The season can't come quickly enough for the Hawks. Shouldn't be a high scoring game, but it will be in front of a packed crowd.

Cairns by 10

Topic #46808 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

cairns by 18

Reply #789659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but like the founder of a startup that makes male tampons, they have failed for some inexplicable reason."

That joke failed, but not for inexplicable reasons.

Reply #789663 | Report this post

Cairns will get this and with ease.

Reply #789664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think the Taipans well appreciate how much of a danger this game is, more mentally than anything.

Taipans have improved exponentially since the last game against the Hawks so I would hope they can get the win. Even if it's an ugly win!

Reply #789672 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Complacency is the only thing that could topple Cairns in this one. Interested to see Hobson presumably handling the PG duties again however.

Reply #789673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra are woeful. No wonder LaMelo left without saying good bye

Reply #789804 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

For a big guy Jawai gets pushed around s lot under the hoop offensively

Reply #789807 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Is Jawai shooting with his eyes closed?

Reply #789809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra are woeful. LaMelo is a punk.

Reply #789815 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

It couldn't be 4 from 4 for the Hawks surely taipans win this one

Reply #789819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra are an embarrassment

Reply #789822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone else think Mayberry might not be an actual basketball fan? I'm sure he likes the sport, but he loves to ref more than anything.

I get the feeling he wouldn't know much about the NBA. I'd love someone to throw him a few quick questions about it.

Reply #789823 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

This game is difficult to watch knowing that the Hawks still have to limp through another three games before their misery ends

Reply #789825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kobe tribute was nice to see.
Cairns are on a high right now Illawarra have been terrible since melo hurt himself.

Reply #789829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weird comment about Mayberry. Even more so when he wasn't even reffing.

Reply #789837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra should strart Dech, Glover, Grida, Froling, Boone, in their last few games.

Reply #789839 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I wish Cairns would finish 4th.
Would love to see them make the GF, especially if they took out Sydney on the way.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing them win the whole thing.

Reply #789847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if Lamelo was on the group chat telling the boys to keep their heads up?

Reply #789850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Illawarra should strart Dech, Glover, Grida, Froling, Boone, in their last few games.)

Yeah they might as well start with their worst team and try and improve as the game goes on.

Reply #789855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cams going to the nba.

Reply #789856 | Report this post

"I wish Cairns would finish 4th.
Would love to see them make the GF"

Finishing 3rd would be even better because Sydney will be tough but we know they can deal with Perth. They would have the whole basketball world behind them in that series.

Reply #789858 | Report this post

Perth v Cairns would be a fantastic series.
Sydney to win the chip.

Reply #789859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754