Mick
Years ago

Is the VJBL Heat Policy archaic?

Is the VJBL heat policy archaic,it doesn't much up with any of the new policies coming from national sporting health frame works,having spoken to a local GP heavily involved in sport,he thinks it’s stone age material,

Topic #46810 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely 100% it is.

All about the $$$, ask questions later.

Reply #789693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

35 degrees the heat policy is enforced.

At 40 degrees games are cancelled.

Archaic is polite.

These admins are about self preservation and not wanting to do too much work if games are cancelled.

Reply #789694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah we should implement more policies and procedures that make it harder for us all to participate in sport. The Heat Policy is fine. Coaches, Venue managers and referees are sensible enough to manage each individual situation. Forecast for Geelong at 7:40 is 25. Forecast for Benalla is 39. If you as a parent don't think the heat policy is adequate then you as a parent should decide what's right for your own child. Stop trying to force your opinion onto the the whole competition.

My guess is you don't want to have to drive an hour tonight with the chance of a game being cancelled. If you are worried about your kid then don't let them play.

Reply #789695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get rid of the heat policy. People are soft.

Reply #789700 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"If you as a parent don't think the heat policy is adequate then you as a parent should decide what's right for your own child. Stop trying to force your opinion onto the the whole competition."

Too much common sense. Move along, sir.

Reply #789701 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

So bloody soft these days!

Reply #789704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball heat policy is crap
My advice is what I tell my kids come district games
If hot day not forecast getting better I be telling my kids we going to beach or ten pin bowling to relax
And my kids listen to me basketball is all about $$$
They don't care about people who are playing or referees who have to put up with the hot nights.
They are 11 and 13 yo it’s only a game there is always next week.
When I played district I had to play when weather was 40 degrees
If district is cancelled basketball organisers complain and move matches to another date ,purely ridiculous.

Reply #789710 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Games are scheduled, then as parents/coaches we have the common sense to decide what we do with our kids, because it tells us that its not hot enough so you must play, well as a parent if you think no its too hot then don't let your child play, simple. Otherwise remember we live in Australia its hot in summer, maybe don't play basketball in this season only play in winter but wait....its far too cold!

Reply #790419 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Were there actually any games cancelled? Most results seem to be available. So perhaps not such a big deal.

Reply #790537 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

As I keep on saying if venues can't have climate control no games should ever be played there. All the adults who have said otherwise let’s see aircon/heating switched off at your place of work and see how you all feel. That’s not even with you running up down courts.

Reply #791910 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:36 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754