Anonymous
Years ago

The Streak Continues

Handful of doubters preseason and early in the year, but 34 consecutive playoff appearances for the Wildcats ... when will it end?

Topic #46819 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neverending Story .......la la la la la la lah

Reply #790064 | Report this post

Party time here in Perth.
Many posters weren't even born yet.

Reply #790068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crazy impressive record, but even more crazy is Maccabi Tel Aviv's 39 straight playoff appearances this season

Reply #790071 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Given they play in what is essentially a one-team competition, I have a hard time seeing it as impressive.

Reply #790087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ I agree with Koberulz... Wildcats unbroken run in a much more even competition top to bottom is much more impressive than Maccabi's

Reply #790099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time for a second Perth team then.

Reply #790117 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Congrats to Perth and Yes!

Reply #790118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't they fall into eighth in an eleven team competition and got smashed first round, surely that’s just laughable.

Reply #790125 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Except that it didn't actually happen

Reply #790127 | Report this post

Still an impressive streak.
Trolls will downplay it but that's just jealousy.

Reply #790151 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wasn't it 8th out of 13 or 14?

Even though 1 (or 2?) years they didn't really deserve the title of playoff team, it's still quite impressive.

9 titles impresses me more though. That really tells you of their success.

Reply #790416 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Exactly LV, of the 34 straight years, there'd be a few seasons where the cats struggled and maybe didnt have any business being in the playoffs.

I can remember the 1999 season, where they finished 13-13, snuck into 6th spot after the Kings lost their last game to bump them out. There's been a few seasons like that. They dont dominate every year, and I dont think they have ever bragged that they do.

Reply #790422 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It was 7th out of 11

Reply #790423 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Was that the year they finished 15-18 with Mike Ellis as coach and the team on a shoestring budget just keep the doors open? That would have been the low point of the last 34 years.

When you look at other clubs down years, the Wildcats isnt too bad in comparison.

1992, 1994, 97 to 99 and a few years in the early 2000s are the only years i can quickly think of that weren't great.

Reply #790440 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I reckon this question is asked on nearly a weekly basis.

Luuuc has it covered haha

Reply #790455 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes, that's the season.
Although some might look at it that way and see a historical low point, while others with a more glass half full approach might remember that as the glorious season of six Rashad Tucker triple doubles.

Reply #790457 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

There was more hype and excitement around the first Rashad Tucker year amongst Cats fans online than any of the modern championship seasons.

Reply #790587 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754