Mystro
Years ago

Next Season-who to keep/who to replace

what do you think your team will look like next season?

I would like to see the Breakers with something like:

Stud Import/ Weeks
Webster/Rausbatch
Hopson/Abercrombie/Ngatai
Delaney/Vodanovich
Loe/Ashley

With Henry not being a true PG and Webster back for next season I could imagine them going in another direction from Sek despite him playing great.
I'd be happy enough with Ashley back and he might solve some of his foul issues second time around but an Import big is a must.

Topic #46840 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado

Reply #791002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Breakers fan I would love to see Hopson and Ashley back. I like Henry too, but agree they need a true point guard.

As far as NZ players - what about Tai Webster and Jack Salt?

Reply #791004 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Those two will be making great money overseas and are apparently enjoying the experience as is Fotu.
Salt doesn't have the range of Ashley or Loe which opens up the lanes for Abercrombie, Delany and Hopson.
Tai is good but NZ could probably get a better Import PG for less than what he would want to come home.

Reply #791005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stud Import/ Weeks
Webster/Rausbatch
Hopson/Abercrombie/Ngatai
Delaney/Vodanovich
Loe/Ashley

Still a crap team, and where's the next star?
This place is all about the list, Let’s make a list , good idea.

Reply #791010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers don't need a next star.

Reply #791011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clear out the whole 36ers roster

Reply #791030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Correct. Current list ain't making finals ANYTIME soon.

Reply #791031 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Thoughts on Bris? For the majority of this season, everyone, including me, questioned this line-up, especially the imports. Patterson definitely in, but q's over Singlar AND Braun to go with him. Now I still think that they are all too similar (to fill 3 import spots) and they have, until 2 or 3 games ago, starved the current best 6th man in the league, TeRangi, on the bench.

The early-season results were evidence that this was not going to be a successful team.

Then comes the last 7-game streak! What would you do?

PG: Import*/Sobey/Next Star
SG: Gliddon/Cadee
SF: Patterson*/TeRangi
PF: Magnay/Import*/Dalton
C: Hodgson/(Magnay)/Harrison

PF-import could be Singler or Braun. Either one. They bring very good defence, can shoot, pass, don't cause any problems and are great as 6th-man.
If Magnay goes and stays in the US, then I think that the PF needs to be a starting import or target a Pinneau-type to replace Magnay.
At SF, I see TeRangi's game as very similar to Patterson. They shoot, drive and score, pass well, can handle the ball, even in traffic. They damn good defenders and rebound. Patterson is better in every one of those skills but if he needs a rest, who better than a true protege.

Reply #791036 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Braun & Singler have been glue guys, not greedy but will shoot when needed and pass when there's someone with a better look and defensively they’ve been solid.
The grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence.

The guys saying my Breakers roster isn’t making finals probably thought United were taking home the title and NZ were finishing last this season lol.
Spending more doesn’t mean better players, Trimble’s making more this season and playing worse.

Reply #791050 | Report this post

EssenX  
Years ago

I've said earlier you can have Braun or Singler, but not both. It also doesn’t help if you then have Patterson. If the Bullets keep Braun, but swap Singler for a proper 4 man then Te Rangi can get his form back in the MZ NBL and play Singler’s minutes.

Reply #791163 | Report this post

EssenX  
Years ago

If the Breakers don't keep Henry I hope another team picks him up. He is a great shooter, strong taking it to the rack, and defends well. He’s played some great ball recently, but if Webster comes back they may be better off going for a purer import PG.

Reply #791165 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree, Sek is a great player at both ends and unselfish.

Reply #791168 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

United is going to be interesting.
Goulding is a free agent and he's looked frustrated this season.
Prather is always injured.
Trimble & Long can’t get it done consistently. Do they persevere or poach more imports lol?

Reply #791171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way that Te Rangi stays at Brisbane after how he has been treated this season.

Reply #791190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^good

Reply #791299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaiah Thomas Going to be waved by the clippers, maybe a good fit at Brisbane.

Reply #791300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL teams should be talking to Brett Brown about his coaching future.

Reply #791301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maker and Deladova out contract, both not travelling well. Deladova to Adelaide and Makur to Perth.

Reply #791309 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jack Salt has cut his stint in Poland short due to illness and has signed with the Canterbury Rams in the NZNBL for next season.

Reply #791310 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

For Cats, sounds like Damo will be gone and I guess it would depend on what happens with Cottons naturalisation. If he does get naturalised then I would hope we pick up a import PG and plug an Aussie C into the lineup, just someone tall and capable. If Cotton doesn't naturalise then it might be trial by fire for Norton and pick up an import C. Don't see too much changing, I'd say we try to keep Terrico, if he leaves then target Devondrick Walker. PG and C are going to be the target areas for the Wildcats for next season.

Reply #791325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754