Scout
Years ago

Lauren Jackson

She is on Insiders (on the ABC) as a panelist.

Speaks really really well.

I am impressed that she has not had to speak about basketball as the token basketballer as would have happened in the past. Reckon she has provided more insight and valued commentary than the rest of the panelists on soccer, aflw, big bash etc.

Times have changed . Her thoughts on the WNBL etc would have been interesting though

The others provide information on facts dare i say indulgence, Jackson provides analysis.

Topic #46857 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Have her commentating NBL imo.

Reply #791660 | Report this post

Power  
Years ago

The panelists were Walid Ali,Gideon Haigh and retired rower Kim Brennan (nee Crow ). Not all tall blondes are LJ

Reply #791663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahahahahhahahahahahaahaha no way

Reply #791666 | Report this post

Ganymede46  
Years ago

That wasn't LJ mate. Big yikes.

Reply #791668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you saying all white people look a like?
Racism in 2020 what a joke!

Reply #791679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes get LJ on nbl commentary. Screen been great and they don't have the old mates act to follow. Heal was still telling us how good Harry was last night.

Reply #791688 | Report this post

x  
Years ago

Oh dear

Reply #791716 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

woops - back in my box I!

Reply #791739 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Scrren hasn't been great, so much so she won't be seen or heard again this season.

Reply #791938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screen been one of the best, I don't want hear ramblings, I want to have commentary on the game in progress.

Reply #791959 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Screen rambles on as much as any of the other commentators, bar Homocide.

Reply #791960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screen is awful! They can't get rid of her soon enough.

Reply #791997 | Report this post

CAM LUKE!!!  
Years ago

CAM IS THE BEST COMMENTATOR BECAUSE HE SCREAMS THE ENTIRE TIME AND ALSO TELLS US EVERY LITTLE THING THAT IS HAPPENING ON THE SCREEN AS IF WE CANT SEE IT. IM EXCITED BY EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Reply #792000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screen is fantastic, in the top five.

Reply #792003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a low bar for this years commentary team. I can't even think of four other decent commentators.

Reply #792015 | Report this post

Green49  
Years ago

Not sure how a post entitled Lauren Jackson got around to Cameron Luke....but I'll play the game. Like 792000, I’m such a CAM LUKE FAN I have to mute the sound when he’s commentating. I don’t need every play described in great detail, with a time delay, BECAUSE IM WATCHING IT ; I CAN SEE WHATS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #792020 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Jenny Screen is no worse a commentator than Trigger was in his first season and his second season he was engaging and we seen his funnier side coming out and I found him enjoyable and I'm sure if we got LJ on our commentary then I'll enjoy her more than Screen but I'm willing to give Jenny a chance... so over Hooley and what feels like inside jokes

Reply #792132 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

LJ has "commentated" before. (a better term in her case would be "barracked on air")

Reply #792158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754