- Ball (Illawarra) - 49 votes
- Kouat Noi (Cairns) – 44 votes
- RJ Hampton (New Zealand) – 23 votes
Noi almost caught him.

Topic #46909 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi would be my pick.
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Ball's time in Lithuania count him out.

Reply #793471 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

LaMelo was a clear winner for me when you consider his impact on the league and his stats and talent. However, I had to laugh when I saw they made a cute little commemorative jersey for him and everything. This is the guy who walked out on his team without saying goodbye and ditched returning to the league when his injury healed. You might find that decision understandable, and maybe it is, but I don't know that it warrants special little keepsakes beyond the actual award he won. He basically flew off like "later, suckers..." and we're basically chasing the plane trying to give him trinkets.

Reply #793486 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Was ball a rookie and play enough games?

Reply #793491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's far and away the best rookie despite all the hate people try and put on him. Fuck me previous winners last few seasons Froling and Humphries.

Reply #793492 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

No hate here. I just thought given that everyone else got a standard trophy, the attempted sentimental value of a commemorative jersey seemed out of line with both the ceremony, and the nature of LaMelo's departure. He was easily Rookie of the Year. But was he the guy you basically chase down, get Adam Silver, make Adam Silver give the guy the jersey? No, he wasn't. Maybe if he returned after injury he would have been. Maybe if he released a thank you and goodbye video to fans and to the league and his team after leaving, he would have been. But it's obvious we were just a stepping stone to LaMelo - and that is perfectly fine - but let's not us get way more sentimental than he is about it!

Reply #793497 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Why didn't Ennis win RoTY? I assume Imports aren't eligible, so why are Next Stars?
And how do you give it to somebody that missed half the season?

Reply #793542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi missed a fair chunk of games too.

Reply #793545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke. Ball missed more games too.

Reply #793576 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

If he was payed anything in Lithuania he should be ineligible.

Reply #793610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haters going to hate. 17-7-7 how do you like those numbers. Clearly the best rookie.

Reply #793616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those are great numbers but people are saying that he shouldn't have been eligible as the award has always gone to local/non-restricted players.

Reply #793617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Not anymore suckers lol well done Lamelo ball, he has changed the NBL forever.

Reply #793660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754