Blanchfield MVP
Glover Community Award
Naar Players' Player
Dech Best Defensive
Dech Member's Favourite

Topic #46913 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield, no wonder there season was so poor.

Reply #793487 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

NBL1 team at best

Reply #793489 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Blanchfield averaged 13ish PPG and meagre numbers in boards and assists. Sad season for the Hawks.

Reply #793506 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Imagine what they may have done With a better coach

Reply #793526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe slightly better if Bevo had stayed, but not much. Team composition was shit. Hopefully the hawks get a new owner and it's a lot more stable and they get two good imports, keep there best young players and fill in the gaps with Australian quality players they should be fine. Who ever got them Dech find a few more, a few kings bench players could be useful.

Reply #793535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The roster composition wasn't helpful.
Many things went against
them, losing Brooks and then Ball.
Andersen and Boone were cooked.
Hobson and the other import who I can't remember were no good either.

Reply #793538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen and Boone should never have been picked in the first place. The won't be next season for sure.

Reply #793581 | Report this post

A A Ron  
Years ago

Bit hard when the league forces you to start off with a hand me down import Boone and old man Brooks who hadn't played in 18 months, for the main purpose of making the league seem legit when people from overseas tune in to watch Lamelo they see other names out there.

Reply #793592 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't mind one of Boone or Andersen if neither are expensive, but I think both is a risk, and I don't know that Boone was cheap. Seemed like rookies and veterans with little in between.

Reply #793594 | Report this post

A A Ron  
Years ago

Felt like Flinn didn't cope well or manage the roster either but he was dealt a harsh hand so I'll give him one more chance, hopefully he can have an opportunity like Kelly and Cairns for year 2.

Reply #793599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got five players in the Australian team. Lmao.

Reply #793600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow what a crap team, Blanchfield should of got the ass not MVP, Brooks or Lamelo were the best players this season.

Reply #793680 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Did Dech make the right choice leaving Perth and rejecting their offer?

Obviously plans change and adapt, but I believe he was their plan A to backup Norton and Cotton.
He would have gotten extra minutes with Martin out, but still not what he got at the Hawks. Would Gleeson have given him the same freedom to develop?

Long-term, would he have been better staying at home and playing finals, or scrubbing the cellar for the hawks?

Reply #793995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech can, but obviously doesn't want to play the back up 1.

He's bet on himself to earn the best role he can get in the position that he wants... a wing.

Dech's biggest upside is his defence, followed by the fact he can be trusted to run a team at the point.

He's now showing he can do more than that and be a scoring threat on the wing as well.

He totally made the right decision not signing at Perth.

Just like Cam Oliver made the right decision not signing at Perth.

Reply #793999 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I agree on both counts.

Reply #794000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech signed for Southland in nznbl with Bevo as coach for off season. Just had a great season and will be better when he gets back.

Reply #794004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Obviously plans change and adapt, but I believe he was their plan A to backup Norton and Cotton.
He would have gotten extra minutes with Martin out, but still not what he got at the Hawks. Would Gleeson have given him the same freedom to develop?"

Ask Rhys Vague if Sunday made the right decision

Reply #794012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A better person to ask would be DKD.

Reply #794120 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

To be accurate, Had Dech signed with Perth, he would have been listed as the backup 2, but would have slid to backing up both with Damo injured.
And I think that's a good role for him.

Is he good enough to start at the 2 spot? And would you rather start in an easybeat team, or would you rather be Steindl winning ring(s) as a role-layer off the bench?

Reply #794378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754