Anonymous
Years ago

NBA All Star Game

Anyone watching this garbage?
I hoped the new format would bring back some competitiveness but yet again it is proving to be a waste of time...

Topic #46917 | Report this topic

Triton 26  
Years ago

Utter garbage.
As someone else pointed out, Naming the MVP of the least competitive game in the entire NBA schedule after one of the most competitive guys ever, is just stupid.

Reply #793646 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

This music is like listening to karaoke at a kindergarten.

Reply #793648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many stupid rappers.

Reply #793652 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

its basically some weird self loving thing and people jumping around like nuffies on the side line everytime some dunks.

Bit like the dunk contest whats with all the hangers on jumping around all over the court cuddling each each? Its just strange

Reply #793655 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

Reality - it's an American thing. Watch any highlights of any game of basketball, from YMCA to High School etc... and you will see people overreacting to anything and everything. It's utterly bizarre.

Reply #793657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whinge all you want, the 4th has been fire.

Reply #793658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its an 'american thing' because america actually has players that can make athletic plays that warrant reactions like that..

and not sure i would call the reigning mvp a 'hanger on'.

people that have the opinion that entertainment and spectacle have no place in professional sports are the reason australian basketball is where it is.

basketball should be fun and seeing the fans react the way they do is a testament to the ability of these incredible players. if you have an issue with other people enjoying the best players in the world showcase their talent i feel sorry for you.

Reply #793662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You feel sorry for people who think forced over-reactions look stupid? I bet you love the rehearsed elaborate handshakes too!

Reply #793663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is an American Thing, yes. In my experience, Americans are, on the whole, more free to express fun, excitement, and silliness than Australians are. They, en masse, get into things. Australians, en masse, are more reserved.

Reply #793664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no, i feel sorry for people who crave the need to complain about everything.

i would challenge any person to have floor seats to the dunk comp/all star game (both of which have been the best in recent memory) and not react a little differently to watching it at home.

and as far as the handshake comment... lol. a grown adult complaining about people doing a handshake, you have to laugh.

if people's complaint about this year is everyone's having too much fun, then:
(A) i think you miss the point of all-star break completely
(B) maybe just stay watching the nbl and politely clap to a vast range of finger-rolls and bounce passes

Reply #793666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^I think you may be right, but to be fair the quality of the NBL has improved a lot over the last few years, a lot of people on here just don't like all star games nba or NBL.
I love the idea and still remember how exciting l was seeing Jordan dunk from the free throw line.

Reply #793722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754