Anonymous
Years ago

United have locker room issues: Bogut

Bogut has mentioned in a radio interview that he's been hearing about some locker room issues at United. Did anyone hear the interview and can elaborate?

_____

Bogut raised some eyebrows with his comment in a radio interview as the top-seeded Kings prepare to meet United in their semi-final series.

"We've heard of a few locker-room issues and a few issues with their players... so that's what we like to hear," Bogut told RSN.

But Goulding said that was more about lack of familiarity among the squad and turned the heat back on Bogut.

"For us, not so much in regard to guys disliking each other, it's just taken us a long time to figure out how to get the best out of each other, and how to play together," Goulding told RSN.

Topic #46934 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Mentioned here:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/46710-are-we-sure-dean-vickerman-is-a-good-nbl-head-coac/#p786245

Reply #794457 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Goulding is the anyone telling half of Melbourne that he isn't happy!

McCarron is also pretty happy to tell everyone that he wants out of his contract if he can get paid elsewhere (Although he is finding out that no one wants him at his asking price!)

Reply #794462 | Report this post

Michael Crumpler  
Years ago

Interesting comments from Bogut, a guy who seems to be phoning it in each week.

Bring on the playoffs!

Reply #794465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is good at the marketing stuff. That's all this is, creating a bit of drama.

Reply #794470 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Yeah, this is Bogut trying to actually exacerbate rifts within United before the series. I enjoy it but I don't think it will really have an effect on the sweep the kIngs are going to give them.

As for McCarron, he'd be a star on a lot of teams. Adelaide should have a swing at him. Shit, I'd take him over every Aussie not named Johnson that we have.

Reply #794475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are cracks in every team that is losing.
Certainly by the end of the regular season, United players seemed very close. Imports and Aussies getting around one another. Little things like Trimble crashing Goulding's interview so he could join the team huddle after a win.....signs point to a good team culture.

Reply #794478 | Report this post

slick  
Years ago

ME

he would be tougher than johnson

Reply #794483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United seem to be clicking at the right time of the year.

IMO it wont be such an easy sweep for the kings

Reply #794486 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

^^^ Agreed

Reply #794487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical petty shit from Bogut.

Reply #794488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut throwing petrol on the fire, United will love this and certainly on paper and dollars spent can win the series. It might be good to get a few more bums on seats but I'd say the kings would prefer to win it.
McCarron is on big money, why do you think he left a euro contract to join United. No clubs will pay what he’s on for him.

Reply #794490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ I think United are over paying several of their players.

Reply #794535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't like United at all, but if they get up over Sydney it will be a glorious day.

Reply #794537 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

These are just standard playoff mind games.

But I would still like to see United wipe the smirks off Ware, Tate and Bogut, even if it means that have a chance to win it all.

Reply #794538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't support either team, but I’d rather see Sydney win than Melbourne any day.

Reply #794545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Melbourne.

Reply #794547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney, Sydney, Sydney.

Going to be very tough series. Perth will be champions though.

Reply #794549 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

I think it's quite obvious that there has been some discontent in the locker room for United this year. Trimble and Long are different characters that haven’t really gelled especially in defence. Prather has been looking on all year without contributing. So all in all Bogut probably isn’t too far off. The difference is that in recent weeks there’s been a concerted effort from the team appear all on the same page (and working hard in defence). I think the pressure is definitely on Sydney in this series.

Reply #794558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney have still got an extra gear left in them; every other team is capable of matching them for a while; maybe even for a whole game if they get lucky and the Kings get unlucky on the same night; but no other team can better them for 80 minutes.

Reply #794567 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The pressure's all on Sydney. No one expects United to win- even after good form against sub par opponents SEM and Illawarra, plus Cairns who had little to play for.

Bogut's comments only increase that pressure, if anything.

Reply #794573 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

With such a stacked team there definitely are expectations of success and heightened pressure. When you look at their lineup, in reality purely their local contingent would compete with most teams:

Bogut/Kickert
Cooks
Newley
Lisch
Bruce

Add the 4 imports and it's no surprise they’ve dominated.

Reply #794574 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Whilst Vickerman plans his finals series, super coach is trying to work out how Australia just got wiped by NZ

Reply #794575 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Whilst Vickerman plans his final series. No s on final.

Reply #794576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"no other team can better them for 80 minutes."

Perth can.

Reply #794585 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Perth won't be there mate,they are the Taipans bunnies!

Reply #794589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The worst thing the taipans could do is think perth are their bunnies.

Reply #794592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best thing the Taipans could do is prove Perth are their bunnies.

Reply #794595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ THIS

Reply #794609 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cairns are carrying a ton of form into the finals.
40 odd turnovers in 2x games?

Reply #794611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:10 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754