Isaac
Years ago

Ben Simmons injury

" [Wojnarowski] There is some level of concern surrounding the possible nature of the injury, league sources tell ESPN. A clearer picture is obviously expected after testing on Sunday in Philadelphia. Sources described Simmons as emotional upon leaving the X-ray room at the Fiserv Forum late Saturday."

Topic #46941 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

No good for Simmons, no good for Boomers chances either.

Reply #794759 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Wasn't the whole reason for firing the lemonis...because he had the Boomer's 3rd in the world... Was so they could hire Brown to get Simmons?

Reply #794761 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

So Simmons is out of the Olympics now and we are stuck with Brett Brown as Boomers coach who thus far in the NBA has shown he perhaps isn't a very good coach...i guess the consolation prize is Thyblle and a 8 place finish!

Reply #794767 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

If it's an injury that sidelines him for a few weeks, he will likely still play Olympics. If it ends his season, or close enough, there is no way he'll play. Back injuries can be tricky but they do tend to heal a bit better and easier than anything on the legs.

Reply #794772 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

If its muscle based it might not be so bad. If it's a stress fracture, it could be a lengthy absence.

Reply #794777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope it isn't bone bruising because someone told me that certainly doesn't happen over night and can be career ending in fact. Clearly it was pre existing.

Reply #794787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Olympics are 5 months away. Plenty of time to treat an injury.

Reply #794790 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

He won't be allowed to rest enough, given that the NBA Finals are coming up and Brown’s neck is on the line.

It will be interesting to see if Embiid steps up to show that HE’S the real MVP in the team and the one to build their future team around.

Reply #794793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Philly aren't making the Finals.

Reply #794794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"...NBA Finals are coming up..."

Um, no. They are in June.

NBA Playoffs are approaching, but not so fast that Simmons couldn't sit out a week. Seeding is almost gone for Philly - can't see them claiming 3rd (5 losses behind Boston with 25 games left).

Away record is awful, but still might see them drop to sixth for strategic purposes (dodge Bucks in second round). Health and rhythm will be most important for them come April.

Reply #794820 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I'll clarify - Brown MUST finish high in the conference to have any chance in the Finals, so everything he does will be aimed at getting wins no matter what. Otherwise, he's gone.

Yes, the finals are months away, but games lost now will hurt them in the final standings.

That's why I don't think Simmons will be given as long to recover as he should be given, which could impact on his contribution to the Boomers.

Reply #794845 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This bit is what terrifies me: "Sources described Simmons as emotional upon leaving the X-ray room at the Fiserv Forum late Saturday."

That could be "a bit annoyed at hurting the 76ers' run for play-off seeding" or it could be "knowing it's going to impact him for the next few years."

Reply #794857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Dr Isaac

Reply #794860 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESPN Sources: Sixers star Ben Simmons is still undergoing treatment and evaluation on his back and there's expected to be a course of action decided upon soon. This isn’t a day-to-day injury; Simmons will miss time. How much time? That’s still unclear.

Reply #794935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel for Kendall

Reply #794972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That might have been what caused the injury in the first place.

Reply #794974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he now has a legit reason to bail on the Boomers again

Reply #795022 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

His injury has been revealed as "nerve impingement" and he will be evaluated again in two weeks. Good news is an injury like that wont keep him out of the game for stupidly long, so if he doesn't end up playing Olympics it most likely wont be due to this.

Reply #795058 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

ME - it depends on what impinged the nerve, he looked in a lot of discomfort when it happened. I hope it will not become a chronic problem which will force him to rethink his priorities.

Reply #795095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's lucky the Olympics will be postponed then isn’t it.

Reply #795103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From Dick Pound

A senior member of the International Olympic Committee says if it's too dangerous to hold the Tokyo Olympics because of the coronavirus, the event could be cancelled rather than postponed.

Canadian official Dick Pound, who has been on the IOC since 1978, estimated there is a three-month window — or even two months — to decide the fate of the Tokyo Olympics, meaning a decision could be put off until late May.

"In and around that time, I’d say folks are going to have to ask: 'Is this under sufficient control that we can be confident about going to Tokyo or not?’," he said.

Reply #795126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^He has the best name in the world

Reply #795127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mmmm Kendall id break my back for her to

Reply #796217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^So do you think Kendall knows about Dick Pound?

Reply #796540 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754