Aussie
Years ago

Australian College players to play NBL next season?

I'm predicting:

Jack White
Mason Peatling
Tanner Krebs

Anyone else returning to Australia that could make a good NBL player?

Topic #46943 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dejan Vasilijevic .
But like the others listed Europe is an option.

Reply #794848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many this coming season, maybe 4.
I think you can expect 4-5 to be good enough for nbl roster spots or dp spots every year.

Trouble is, we have a lot of retirements over the next season or two and we should lose 10-20 aussies from nbl.
Nba guys coming home as well as euro guys willhe,p fill the void.
Also, do t forget that there a bunch of kiwis that could come back from overseas and a few good college seniors that could get nbl spots.

Reply #794850 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

DJ is most likely headed to Europe - he has a dual passport and can play as a local.

Krebs, Peatling are both most likely NBL players.

I can also see Chier Maker, Myles Cherry, Deng Riak and Kyrin Galloway getting some looks from NBL teams - possibly as development players.

Reply #794851 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Jack White - Yes but has the Stiendl's about him not sure he'll make it, although 4 years as a contributor at Duke means he'll get a deal.
Mason Peatling - Might be like Jois playing in a weak conference makes him look good but isn't NBL standard.
Tanner Krebs - Will get signed for a bench role.

@LC
Chier Maker - Should get Looks but needs time in NBL1
Myles Cherry - think might surprise an get an NBL gig
Deng Riak - NBL1 here we come
Kyrin Galloway - NO

Reply #794852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first for these guys to get a roster spot on a NBL team players need to retire move or get cut, are there players like that you know of

Reply #794865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White will be a 4 in the nbl.

Reply #794866 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

A few old players on the 36ers that could make way for a youth movement.

Reply #794894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think the Steindl comparison holds up for White. He has lost minutes this year but is a second year captain at Duke, a capable enough shooter, and a really good athlete. As a previous anon said, he should be able to play the 4 in the NBL and will rebound effectively there as well as creating some matchup problems. The fact that he's been a captain and so consistently been given opportunities in a Duke program that is perfectly content to keep rotations to 7 or 8 guys, makes me think he has a chance to evolve into a Nick Kay type - better on a better team, just fitting in and doing what he's good at. Cast as a Mitch Creek he would struggle.

Reply #794939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussiebballer...amen. Nothing like crippling a team for a few years on the way out the door.

Reply #794944 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754