Haz
Years ago

Wildcats ticket prices for game 1 - should this be reviewed?

Ive been getting daily emails from the Wildcats to secure my tickets, and that they are "only from $25"

Latest email today has a big graphic declaring that the Cats "Need You" for your support. Never had this during the season.

I realise a lot of members are holding out for the GF series instead and thats fair enough too (although a risky assumption they will be there)

This happens every year. Semi finals tickets are the hardest to sell. Id be keen to know if other Perth fans think prices are way too expensive, and maybe the club should reviee this if they want to get the usual crowd in.

The constant adverts for tickets suggest to me that the crowd will be quite low unfortunalty.

Topic #46958 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

No chance, best supporters in the league. I'm sure it will be a full house.

Reply #795544 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

As you say, it happens every year. It's a semi final tradition. With regular season tickets everyone knows the schedule well in advance and can plan accordingly.

I just had a look on Ticketek and while there are spare seats available, it's not like there are heaps of them. Still will be a respectable crowd.

Reply #795545 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Those $25 ones will be the release of the upper tier. I'm a member and not going, but I just can't afford it right now so yeah I'm hoping we make finals and I'll go to those games. I don't think it's overly priced, I'm a bronze member and the tickets to semis are $40 each for my regular seat.

Reply #795569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The from price is probably for a children's ticket too.

Reply #795578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're a captains club member, a season ticket (for existing members) is about $1300.

Tickets to playoff games are $130 odd.

So this season you could potential spend $520 on finals tickets. Which is close to 50% of your membership cost.

For me, it's just not worth going to every game.

I'll go to game 3 for the semi's and then pick and choose what GF games I'll go to.

Reply #795582 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

For context, for anyone who isn't familiar with Perth's membership categories, Captain's Club is the front two or three rows on the sideline.

Reply #795584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If you're a captains club member, a season ticket (for existing members) is about $1300.

Tickets to playoff games are $130 odd."

For accuracy, CC membership was about $1150 this past season. Finals tickets are $110 for your same seats.

You obviously need to pay for your finals tickets regardless but the cost increase is about $25 per game when compared to regular season price.

Reply #795599 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So this season you could potential spend $520 on finals tickets. Which is close to 50% of your membership cost.
It's also close to 50% of the number of games. Seems reasonable to me.

Reply #795616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its 28% of the games for 38% of the cost.

Reply #795619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do they get free polos though?

Reply #795622 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Its 28% of the games for 38% of the cost.
It's 35% of the games, not 28%...

Reply #795625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The $25 are the nosebleeds though. Usually the last rows in the highest tier behind the hoop. They don't exactly give the best experience up there. That section often isn't even open during the regular season when less popular teams are playing.

Reply #795627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 finals games compared to 14 regular season games is 28%.

Reply #795630 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

I do think we pay a lot for memberships, should be a loyalty program set for members starting at 5yrs and so on.

I'll be there with bell's on!

Reply #795632 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

4 finals games compared to 14 regular season games is 28%.
There are potentially five finals games.

I do think we pay a lot for memberships, should be a loyalty program set for members starting at 5yrs and so on.
Have you compared the new member price to the renewing member price?

Reply #795644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"There are potentially five finals games."

Based off the original inaccurate comments comparing ticket prices, the assumption was that there would be 4 finals games.

Reply #795646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The wildcats are all about money. So they are going to charge what people will pay.

As fan, what I'd like to see them offer for "premium" captain clubs tickets is a "Bare bones" package. All you get is your seat and priority access to playoff tickets.

They always bundle these memberships with a bunch of "extras" valued at hundreds of dollars, which are really just fluff and low quality poorly designed ok boomer polos.

E.g With your captains club membership you get "access to the ability to purchase VIP parking".

I will say the one good thing they do is, give Captain Club members 2 complimentary nose bleed tickets for each season ticket you have.

These are great and I've gotten people to sign up as members themselves after going, but unless you have 10 friends signing up, there's nothing in it for you.

The wildcats are all about $ first. Which isn't bad, but lets not pretend they aren't.

Reply #795647 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Bit hard to make any complaints about Wildcats pricing when fans are clearly prepared to pay it.
West Coast Eagles are the same. People even pay yearly fees to stay on the waiting list for memberships there.

Reply #795654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats memberships are an utter bargain for the experience you get.

Eagles memberships are on a whole different level.

Reply #795656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Wildcats "Experience" isn't that great. It's the same for all 14 games.

It works for families no denying it.

Don't follow AFL, so have no idea what that situation is like.

Reply #795664 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I have decent seats, we were in the pre-sold selection for the Arena when we moved. The price for a renewing members is ok for what we get, and its spread out over 10 payments or so, so doesn't hit the wallet too hard.

Yes, SF game 1 is always a problem, but it was actually better this year. Normally the time to buy your tickets is very short.

As a general rule, they don't mind if members don't buy their seats for the finals, as they know they can sell them to the public for finals. But again, SF1 is always a problem.

And yes, they should plan it better. They should discount the first game tickets for members just enough to ensure a full house.

I thick part of the issue, is the perception that we have been gouged in the past, so people just don't bother.

Reply #795690 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Top section closed off. Disappointing, first time all year.

Reply #795785 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They have this problem every season yet never lower the price except for last minute panic discounts. Slow learners.

Reply #795822 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Exactly right PW. It needs to be reviewed. Still, nearly 11000 is by no means a small crowd. Game 3 will be interesting to see what they get after this epic game and a seriously short turnaround

Reply #795883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was pretty good atmosphere tonight though. Nothing beats a close playoff game. Nice to see a smattering of Cairns supporters too

Reply #795903 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

For those who attended the game....do you feel ripped off?

Reply #795998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"For those who attended the game....do you feel ripped off?"

No, it was high quality, high stakes basketball!

Reply #796000 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

^ I wouldnt have thought so, but if it was a blowout or a scrappy or poorly played game, then maybe. Thats how sport works. You could end up going to an all time classic, or the worst game ever.

Doesn't really change much from how the ticketing is priced though.

Reply #796003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #796145 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:11 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754