LV
Years ago

See Incredible

This opening weekend delivered:

- One of the best games ever

- One of the biggest chokes ever

- The biggest win of the 40 minute era

- 3 massive crowds, and a sell out in Cairns (?)

#SeeIncredible indeed

Topic #46987 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

More interestingly, too

The first time in 8 years both semi finals go to 3 games

Both away teams went within a whisker of winning game 1 before dominating game 2

How many people saw this coming or anything like it?

Pre season most people had Cairns 8th or 9th

A month ago no one thought United would make playoffs.

Incredible is absolutely the right word for all this

Reply #796856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am really enjoying these playoffs. Very unpredictable and everyone has a chance

Reply #796857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the fact that the 45 point belting followed the biggest playoff choke made it even more interesting. And against a team many called the greatest team assembled

Reply #796858 | Report this post

K4L  
Years ago

Unfortunately, I was surprised Melbourne lost Game 1. Kings were completely shut down by Melbourne except for the last 6 minutes. Game 2 is more reflective of where the teams are ATM - ie As I've said all year - Kings' Achilles heel - the inability to defend the on-ball all year. W Weaver outcoached and outplayed - has no answer to Kings inability to defend then on-ball. Letting Taylor go for Lisch was a mistake. No plays to free up shooters. Every shot is against the defence. The only legit player Kings have is Tate. 58 points in a semi-final - see incredible.

Reply #796863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Weaver have the guts to bench Bogut? He's a liability out there and they'd be better off without him.

I'd love to see it, but unfortunately I don't think I will.

Reply #796866 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Loving it. The whole family is riveted, and we all have sworn off social media until after we can all watch the games together.

Great stuff NBL.

Reply #796918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754