Zodiac
Years ago

Brooklyn Nets fire coach Kenny Atkinson

This is pretty brutal Atkinson has the Nets sitting 7th in the East without Durant all season and only 20 games from Irving and they beat the Spurs 139-120 in what was his last game as coach. Jacque Vaughan takes over for the rest of the season.

There are only two players within the organization who have that kind of power: Irving and Durant. At the very least, if they wanted him as coach he would be the coach.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/07/kenny-atkinson-out-brooklyn-nets-fired/

Always been the biggest problem with the NBA the inmates run the asylum.

Topic #47010 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers have a new Coach

Reply #797855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Possibly
Give him a call Adelaide

Reply #797857 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Wow. I did not expect this.

Sean Marks is insisting that the decision was born out of conversations between himself, Atkinson, and ownership about the direction of the team - but wouldn't elaborate further.

Reply #797868 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Seems very odd. People loved the job he was doing.

Reply #797896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's come out that Kyrie didn't care for him and is pushing for Lue to be new coach next season.
Disappointing that Sean Marks came into a terrible situation but was able to rebuild adding talent along with salaries like Russell. Looked like he served his apprenticeship well at the Spurs well, but bringing in Kyrie who was trouble in Boston last year and has been a distraction this year looks like he is just trying to outdo Knicks in terms of adding stars. Lue will come in and just be a puppet.

Reply #797916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt Kenny would fit the Adelaide criteria. Too much character.

Reply #797937 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

I thought you all would want Joey Wright and Kyrie Irving in the same locker room.

Reply #797983 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Kyrie a cancer

Reply #797997 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

As soon as I heard this news, I knew it must be because of Kyrie.

Reply #798087 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Perhaps we're lucky Kyrie can’t play for the Boomers. Imagine being coach of a team which includes such precious players as Irving, Simmons, Bolden and Bogut.

Reply #798091 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754