Isaac
Years ago

The NBA has suspended its season

Topic #47025 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting to see what the NBL does now. You have to believe that Games 2 and 3 will be played in empty stadiums now at the very least.

Reply #798597 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Olympics would have to be a strong chance to follow suit

Reply #798598 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

That's a big jump to not even bother with empty stadiums and go straight to suspending the season.

Reply #798599 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It is, but I guess as soon as it's into the players the situation gets a whole lot messier.

Reply #798607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unbelievable how the media can control people's lives

Reply #798612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unbelievable how the media can control people's lives
Case in point!

Reply #798614 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"That's a big jump to not even bother with empty stadiums and go straight to suspending the season."

I mean it is America; they're litigious as hell; can you imagine the lawsuits if people were to contract the virus at games.

Plus, I can see why owners would rather suspension rather than empty stadiums - protects their wallet (Rather than continued costs of games without gate takings).

Reply #798616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come the atlanta game is still being played. What if it goes to 100 overtimes?

Reply #798624 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Suspended after today, 624...

Reply #798627 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Probably didn't help when Gobert joked about it a few days ago, then touched every microphone at the presser, then was confirmed to be infected.

Reply #798632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A player tested positive, how can you continue? Players don't want to expose themselves to risk either.

Reply #798633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Unbelievable how the media can control people's lives" How is this happening? A PLYER in the NBA has the disease. PLease explain.

Reply #798638 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

All the sports leagues Aust have been told to shut it down as well.

Reply #798644 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

^Source Reality?

Reply #798650 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Well if games 2-5 are cancelled, Perth win the ship again.

Pretty simple decision, screw Sydney.

Reply #798651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do My championship bets get refunded

Reply #798652 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Dual winners

Reply #798653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reality said this yesterday and an hour later the NBL put out a media release saying games 2 and 3 will go ahead. So I take what he posts with a grain of salt like Perthworld and a few others

Reply #798662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will win anyway.

Reply #798664 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The moment Mark Cuban found out about the season suspension.

Reply #798691 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Perth will win anyway.

What beautiful symmetry.

Reply #798702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hart breaking but necessary it's been a great year and season for basketball.

Reply #798710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were planning to play games without crowds but once they found out one of the players had it they had to make this move

Reply #798735 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the NBA's official statement:

The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight's schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.
Timed perfectly while Simmons recovers...

Reply #798738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basically they will wait until gobert clears up, obviously make sure no one else in the NBA family has it. When that's all clear they'll resume games but most likely with no crowds.

Reply #798744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jazz and Thunder players have been quarantined in the arena. Bloody French, first we have to bail them out in the war, now one of them cancels the NBA! Twat even did it touching all the microphones mocking how he wouldn't get it. Boycotting French Fries!
But I wonder what this will ultimately mean, will the current standings be the seedings for playoffs if they do start? Betting markets should be fun if it's all cancelled, imagine if you had Thunder making playoffs. Giannis would be pissed,teams best chance for championship and it's cancelled. Rookie of the year, Zion making late charge but because of games missed at start he might miss out.
All because of a freaking Frenchman trying to be a smartarse, Jazz officially my most hated team now.

Reply #798757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wasn't the french that stopped the nba it was Coronavirus, get a clue.
Basketball isn’t worth your family members life.

Reply #798800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gobert is French, he stuffed around with microphones maybe contracting coronavirus, NBA react to player contracting virus by suspending season. Hence a bloody arrogant Frenchman caused the shutdown.
Wish Ricky Bobby was playing for Thunder, would have kicked his ass!

Reply #798803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh boy, I'm gob smacked.

Reply #798809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"he stuffed around with microphones maybe contracting coronavirus" Yes I saw that and the NBA needs to do something about that. What a joke this dude is.

Reply #798814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not the only one in the nba with Coronavirus, but yes he is a dick wack and should get the ass.

Reply #798821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Ingles' Utah Jazz have been rocked again with a second player, All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell, testing positive for the coronavirus.

It follows the revelation on Thursday that All-Star centre Rudy Gobert had tested positive and there are fears for other Australian NBA players Dante Exum, Thon Maker and Matthew Dellavedova.

Reply #798843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Australian Grand Prix has been postponed following McLaren's withdrawal from the Formula One season opener after a team member tested positive for coronavirus, according to reports.

The decision was made following a crisis two-hour summit involving F1’s hierarchy, its governing body, the FIA, and a number of the sport’s team principals in Melbourne, the BBC and Sky Television Association have reported.

Motorsport.com quoted sources saying a majority of the teams were unhappy to continue and the governing FIA would accept the decision.

Reply #798849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(He's not the only one in the nba with Coronavirus, but yes he is a dick wack and should get the ass.)

I don't like to say I told you so, so I won’t dick heads. Now who’s going to the NBL game?

Reply #798850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Joe Ingles' Utah Jazz"

Reply #798900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who even thinks this government knows what there doing let me know. I've got a bridge to sell between Sydney and north Sydney. Morrison was telling people to go to the football, he was as long as you felt well. That’s not how it works, ask Italy.

Reply #798910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I tell you, Gobert should be banned for life!

Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Players on the Utah Jazz have privately said Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Gobert was shown on video jokingly touching the microphones of reporters several days ago.

Mitchell and Gobert both made their first All-Star Game in 2020.

Shams Charania reports that Mitchell was the only member of the Jazz (player/personnel) to test positive of the 58 tests administered on Wednesday.

Reply #798932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lololololol
You could sell that bridge a few time over on here.

Reply #798938 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Couple of lines from Adam Silver's latest announcement, March 12:

"This hiatus will last at least 30 days and we intend to resume the season, if and when it becomes safe for all concerned."
"This remains a complicated and rapidly evolving situation that reminds us that we are all part of a broader society with a responsibility to look out for one another."

Reply #799000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754