Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

First NBA Coach replaced.

According to centrebet.com.au here are the odds for the first NBA coach to be replaced.

First Coach Replaced

MIKE WOODSON/ATLANTA HAWKS 8.00
MIKE MONTGOMERY/GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 10.00
SAM MITCHELL/TORONTO RAPTORS 11.00
DOC RIVERS/BOSTON CELTICS 12.00
BOB WEISS/SEATTLE SUPERSONICS 14.00
DWANE CASEY/MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 15.00
GEORGE KARL/DENVER NUGGETS 15.00
MIKE DUNLEAVY Sr./LA CLIPPERS 15.00
STAN VAN GUNDY/MIAMI HEAT 15.00
LAWRENCE FRANK/NEW JERSEY NETS 16.00
MIKE BROWN/CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 16.00
AVERY JOHNSON/DALLAS MAVERICKS 17.00
BERNIE BICKERSTAFF/CHARLOTTE BOBCATS 17.00
EDDIE JORDAN/WASHINGTON WIZARDS 17.00
BYRON SCOTT/NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 21.00
MAURICE CHEEKS/PHILADELPHIA 76ERS 23.00
MIKE FRATELLO/MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 23.00
JEFF VAN GUNDY/HOUSTON ROCKETS 26.00
JERRY SLOAN/UTAH JAZZ 26.00
RICK ADELMAN/SACRAMENTO KINGS 26.00
BRIAN HILL/ORLANDO MAGIC 28.00
TERRY STOTTS/MILWAUKEE BUCKS 36.00
RICK CARLISLE/INDIANA PACERS 41.00
NATE McMILLAN/PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS 51.00
MIKE D'ANTONI/PHOENIX SUNS 61.00
FLIP SAUNDERS/DETROIT PISTONS 71.00
SCOTT SKILES/CHICAGO BULLS 71.00
LARRY BROWN/NEW YORK KNICKS 81.00
PHIL JACKSON/LA LAKERS 81.00
GREGG POPOVICH/SAN ANTONIO SPURS 101.00

NO COACH REPLACED 26.00

Where is everyone putting their money? Mine's with Montgomery (Golden State).

Topic #4704 | Report this topic

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

scott skiles @ 71 dollars!

Reply #54287 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Van Gundy from the Heat or Frank from the Nets.

All depends on their start and the first one or so of the season.

Woodson is safe for this year with the Hawks. Unless a big name college coach (like Coach K) wants to coach them or for some stupid reason Phil, Pop or Brown becomes available then Woodson is safe.

Skiles at $71 would be worth 5 bucks.

Reply #54288 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

stan van gundy - pat riley will take over

Reply #54289 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

TR ,

What the hell are you on about - Skiles is soooo safe its not funny . Why would he get ditched ? Because the club lost Curry and have no real center ?
He has Ben Gordon and Heinrich and other young guns to hold the fort.
Luol Deng is on the up and if they can motivate the other "bigs" to get some boards they should have at least a 50 win season .

I would be VERY very surprised to see him sacked as Paxson seems to like him and its not his fault Curry went to the Knicks.

My money is on Mitchell.

Reply #54293 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Agree with Skyhook, the chances of Skiles being booted has to be pretty remote. Even if he was to go it would have to be later in the season if something gone seriously pearshaped, otherwise Chicago will give him a lot of time. I'd be looking for organisations that already have doubts over their coaches so Mitchell and Stan van Gundy come to mind. I'm pretty suprised Brown is at $81, maybe people are expecting Isiah to go before him.

Reply #54301 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Skiles is a good coach, and all I said at the odds of $71.00 if your a punting man then I'd take it for $5. Potentially turn $5 in $355. My two tips were SVG and Frank.

The expectations on Chi-Town this year are huge. They made the play-offs last year and are expected to this year. Expectations ruin teams, look at the Wolves last season...

In all honesty, there is NO threat on offences in the PF,C position. I think Gordon will experience second year blues and teams now know what he can do. Chandler is a defensive presence, and if you expect the talents of Harrington, Sweetney, Allen to score constantly then your sadly mistaken. If people think your saviour is going to be Tim Thomas, forget it......

Skyhook, 50 wins may only just sneak you into the playoffs in the East this season, and they at best are ranked as probably in the 6-8 seed.

Look at it, Pacers, Miami, Nets, Pistons and Cleveland are already better teams, the Bucks have improved with the addition of Bogut and Simmons and TJ coming back, NY was improved with Curry and if Brown makes it work will be better than the Bulls, Washington (probably got better trading away Kwame and not resigning Hughes) will challenge the Bulls, and you can never discount the 76ers with AI and Webber. I haven't even mentioned that Orlando could be sniffing around the 8th seed. Any team with Franchise, Howard, Hill will be around the mark. What have the Bulls done??? SFA is what they have done. They didn't get 50 wins last season and that's with Curry playing 75% of the season, they ain't gonna win 50 games this season either.

The media in Chi-Town control it (along with the Russian mafia), it's not as bad as New York or Philly, but if the Bulls start to stink it up expect the media to hound Skiles. They were calling for blood after the 0-9 start last season. The relationship between the coach and the front office isn't great. Remember last year they had issues and Skiles almost walked. All I'm saying is that the screws maybe turned from outside sources that will cause Skiles to walk away.

Reply #54340 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

how is george karl so high on that list!!!

Reply #54489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754