Anonymous
Years ago

Time to bench Ware.

All very good for coach to display confidence in his players, and Ware has been a big time player before. But this series he's been atrocious. Only saw second half of game today, but Lisch is playing near to his pre injury optimum, made big run in third with him sparking most of it. But when he went to bench, Casper basically shot them out of game, even hit side of backboard at one point. In a timeout Weaver told him not to even think about not shooting a wide open shot, probably reinforced to Ware that his coach knows he's playing like shit but desperately needs him to score, making him think even more about him bricking it.
But there's no tomorrow now for kings. Lisch may be lacking in game shape but they have to roll dice and play him big minutes and Bruce back him up for a breather. When Ware comes on make him a penetrator, if he misses open 3s, welcome back to the bench. Will see if Weaver has the balls to do it, these junk defences on Cotton didn't work, just gave Kay a career night and huge confidence. Slap in the face for Ware but Bogut would be better option shooting 3s at this point. Luckily they have a very good ex MVP option in Lisch as a plan b.
Of course Ware will probably come out now in game 4 and drop 40 since I've raised it.

Topic #47053 | Report this topic

Cats for life  
Years ago

Never stepped up in finals

Reply #799852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having marking Cotton is stupid, the coach has got be put under the microscope now, he's been worked out .

Reply #799861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton over Ware anytime.
He needs to pass the ball more.

Reply #799869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More chance of me hitting 40 in game 4 than Ware doing it. He is in a hole.

Reply #799875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While Ware hasn't had the best year and his chest pumping does annoy me he’s not the total blame for team performance. As Gaze said Cotton is better than players in the nba. A few years of this continued performance and he’s one of the greatest.

Reply #799882 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Why isn't Louzada getting more court time, he's played better against Wildcats than Ware who has had what one good quarter all season against us.

Showing confidence in the young gun also shows NBA what he can do in big moments and he has gotten so much less opportunity since Cooks arrived and I'd see what he's made of.

Bruce has had a fantastic series and he's got to be worth more trust from coach and players.

Lisch is an all time great and it's so great to see him proving his worth once again.

Reply #799930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous...What a silly comment...

Reply #799935 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's generally not the main defender on Cotton that he's scoring on, most of the time when he's shooting off the dribble it's over the defender of the screener. Cotton is not even the problem. If he scores 30, 40 etc. it's fine, you have to make sure that you don't let the other guys get going because that's when Perth is actually dangerous. Kay had a career night and it stemmed from wide open looks on the perimeter. That was the issue last night.

Ware is a good defender, and that part of his game hasn't dropped off which is nice, but I think they should look at a Lisch-Didi 1/2 lineup for game 4, if it happens.

Reply #799938 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Ware is so out of from that its embarrassing!

He is hitting the side of the backboard and chuck up bricks that aren't even close.

Give Lisch the ball, bench Ware for dare i say it for BRUCE and sydney might be able to win it.

The Kings need to see more of Lisch/Bogut and less/none of WARE!

Reply #799939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play didi in the two and lisch at the point when Ware sits, get Moller in at the three and let him help on defence, his speed and length is exceptional. Bruce and cook I haven't been sold on yet, liimit there time and more of lisch, Newley, Moller, didi, keep Ware going around his thirty minutes. Bogut looked sore again yesterday but if healthy more minutes and less Kickett. All to late I’d suggest as Perth are not letting this slip again.

Reply #799942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth won't lose game 4.

Reply #799968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As I said I missed 1st half yesterday, Bogut started great in game 2 and there were a couple of flashes in 2nd half. Did Perth do anything different against him yesterday, Plumlee can't guard him off the dribble. Or was Bogut sore again?
Maybe they should run Bogut more of a point centre, plenty of dribble handoffs and if Plumlee comes too far out take him off dribble then kick to shooters (but not Ware). Would probably say he's their best passer with Lisch and imo difference in GM 2 getting them off to fast start.
Start Lisch, Louzada, Bogut, Tate and Newley. Who knows, might get Casper going against second unit.

Reply #800011 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bogut definitely looked gimpy compared to games 1 and 2. He looked more like he did against United, which is how he's looked this entire season.

Reply #800016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Bogut looked like he needed the Zimmer frame back. Didn't look fit at all.

Reply #800023 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes, he looked a bit stiff, while plumlee was fighting fit...

Reply #800024 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Is there any chance Ware comes back next season after this disastrous shooting? He is something like 5-47 for 3pt in the finals series again United and Wildcats. Weaver needs to bench him and make him earn his minutes.

Reply #800036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always thought age would go against Sydney turns out it was Casper's shooting .

Reply #800046 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

As a Perth fan I'm far more scared of Lisch as primary ball handler and Bogut playing as point centre with his elite passing than try and play Ware into form, sorry but it's like Weaver has forgotten how terrific the other players in his squad are!

Will Casper be back next seasons? Absolutely I think Illawarra, Adelaide or Brisbane would be hard at him. I'd like to see him play for the Hawks.

Reply #800054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon he'll be back, looks like he likes Australia, but this series may haunt him. No way Illawara could afford him, Adelaide could have been interesting but club going with Randle rehabbing. Don't know why they would have Randle as off court employee as reported unless he has major dirt on club which is likely. And can't see Brisbane signing him to be 3rd string behind Sobey and Cadee at the point. New Zealand maybe?
So reckon he'll be back at Sydney, still had a good year but terrible finals. Then again he could go nuts in last 2 games if it goes that way and becomes an unlikely hero, maybe league will institute a most improved or comeback player of finals series!

Reply #800063 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

.... will weaver........with the stitches...… .still mending...
... 'neath a heart shaped tattoo....
..proposed marriage to casper ware, who accepted...

Reply #800103 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Bogut was definitely physically a shell of his Game 1 and 2 self. Not competing for rebounds. Letting them fly past him. Playing like someone with a very sore back to be honest.

As atrocious as Ware has been on offense, he's still be great on D. Just have to keep rolling with him and hope he contributes more on the other end.

Reply #800106 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"As atrocious as Ware has been on offense, he's still be great on D."

Yes he has done such a fantastic job on Cotton....... Anyone else but Ware should be on Cotton. Ware has been below average on defense. If Sydney want any chance of winning the next game they have to have Lisch on Cotton.

Reply #800113 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Cotton is a team D issue, and Ware actually has done a great job there... Sydney's defense gives Cotton some of his looks. You can debate the merits of this scheme, but I don't think you can say Ware has done a bad job.

Reply #800115 | Report this post

K4L  
Years ago

Kings can't win with 1 import in Tate - so call it quits.

Reply #800329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ K4l
All season everyone saying kings got four imports. Lol.

Reply #800337 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754