robt
Years ago

Good News For NBL1 Players, (maybe)?

Just heard a news item re gov assist for out-of-work people including AFL/NRL/Netballers/NBL, etc. Why would that not apply to NBL1 players?

Admittedly, not many would have had contracts (already), and I would imagine that that would be a condition. But if they have evidence of missed income, why not?

Topic #47111 | Report this topic

Recoop It  
Years ago

NBL1 clubs have formally let go of their players, but you'd imagine they will be seeking compensation from the government for the lost income during the season. Agree, these players should be entitled if their respective clubs are.

Reply #802154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The old contract went for 12 months finishing at end June, so most players even with out an on going contract will get paid till end June. I believe the players association have got this changed to be seasons length which would allow you to then get government money.

Reply #802176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't beleive that players had contracts for a full season. Usuall their contracts are a month of so before the season starts and up until they go as far as they can.

Reply #802189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754