Alex
Years ago

NBL Knockout competitions

Should NBL introduce a knockout competition during NBL season?

Rather then just NBL Champion. It will give other teams like Cairns and Illawarra more of a chance to win honour.

I recommend looking up the British Basketball League (BBL). They have 2 knockout competitions each season.

Their competitions are the Cup and Trophy each season. More European teams usually have extra competitions.

Topic #47115 | Report this topic

robt  
Years ago

Any/all ideas should be thrown around. Hundreds of the f%$kers. Only one need one to be good. I like this one but aren't the health issues still the same?

Reply #802290 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Apologies, not for 2020-21 NBL season due to COVID19, but for the 2021-22 NBL season.

With 10 teams in 2021-22 season, they could run two groups of FIVE which could be North & South. These's group games can replace some preseason games and make NBL preseason more to play for.

Teams could play teams in their groups twice, once at home and one away, top 4 will progress to the quarter-finals, then semi-finals and lastly grand final to determine the winner of NBL Cup!

Reply #802291 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This has been done in the past with the mid-week Foxtel Cup knockout that used to run in the mid 90s.

You'd have to offer a cash prize as an incentive otherwise teams would roll out bench players to rest starters for league play.

Reply #802293 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Yes I agree prize money would help all the teams.

Reply #802296 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Need to include the state league teams

Reply #802297 | Report this post

Ben36  
Years ago

Great idea because our regular season is short and we need something else after COVID19 is over.

Another legit title for clubs and prize money would be great in the future for the NBL!

Reply #802344 | Report this post

Dave16  
Years ago

State league teams should be introduce if the league did a single knockout games.

Last 2 teams decide for the NBL Trophy & prize money.

Reply #802345 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Check out my NBL Cup draft I made on wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:2019-20_NBL_season#

Let know what you guys think it's just made up for 2021–22 NBL Season after COVID19.

Reply #802347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth and Sydney to open knockout cup but Sydney give up at three quarter time while trialling thus making Perth the winner.

Reply #802357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always idea for the NBL in the future.

Reply #802783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always idea for the NBL in the future.

Reply #802784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who will fund this?

Reply #802786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the British Basketball League can so can the NBL.

Reply #802787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The BBL is a crap competition. Was their a point? To do it is AU would cost a lot of money which the BBL wouldn't know about. So when would this happen? When the NBL1 is on?

Reply #802795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754