Anonymous
Years ago

Deshon Taylor

Would have never known he was going through so much, never complained just went out there and gave it his all. Love that about the kid, says he couldn't show all of what he’s capable of I’m pretty sure Sydney does that’s why they kept playing him and why I believe Perth has reached out (Which played almost the full version of him in preseason)

Topic #47122 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source?

Reply #802487 | Report this post

Kevin Booth  
Years ago

What's he going through?

wot i miss?

Reply #802489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://nbl.com.au/news/turning-the-corner-deshon-taylors-turbulent-first-pro-season

Reply #802490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good story, showed he had a fair bit to offer, the hawks should have snapped him up but would have they kept him with the hand injury, Sydney had depth to keep plugging away, though by second half of season struggled.

Reply #802491 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I really didn't rate him as a player, so learning he was injured and dealing with off-court issues puts his performances into perspective. It seemed odd that someone who was touted as highly as he was and statistically around a career 40% shooter from three in college struggled so mightily.

Good on him for persevering through difficult circumstances.

Reply #802492 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Of course Paul Smith tries to use the article as an opportunity to defend himself and the Kings' care for their players. How this demonstrates anything to support that narrative is beyond me though.

https://twitter.com/psmithtse/status/1246643492694048768?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&refsrc=email

Reply #802493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The article said the imports wanted to get home, Lisch and Bogut who no about being away from backed them, it also say other players wanted to play on, no where was Paul Smith mentioned.
Perth supporters got get over winning a championship on the cheap and move on. It's still counts even though you feel guilty.

Reply #802495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Averaging 22 points per 36 minutes at 49-46–91 shooting clips."

That's crazy that even let him go off of that, he was killing ... should have gave him more minutes instead of cutting him lol

Reply #802497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not as good as Lisch, some guys got to many minutes and some not enough.

Reply #802499 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I don't think what he went through was extraordinary.
What this article highlights, something we should all remember, is just what a huge challenge young rookies face.
I remember my first graduate job, it was tough, and I didn't even have to leave home.
I remember my first job in a foreign country. God that was hard.
Plus in professional sport there is always the challenge that you can be replaced with somebody better.

Given what a train-wreck Adelaide turned into, he's lucky he got cut.

If Cotton is naturalised, and Damo retires, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Perth, sharing the PG role with Norton, and also backing up Cotton for a few minutes.
Presuming he's not too expensive, which will be important if we have Kay, Cotton, and two starting imports.

Assuming we have imports next season.

Assuming we have a season.

Reply #802502 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

495, I was quite obviously referring to Smith's tweet, not the article. But as you pointed out: nowhere in the article did it mention anything to the affect Smith implied.

Also not a Perth fan: just anti-Smith and Kings.

Reply #802503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If maybe as was everyone was led to believe at the time that bringing in Randle was at the owners insistence, it looks like it actually backfired and Taylor might have been a much better fit than Randle. We will never no.

Reply #802505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*know.

Reply #802506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My thoughts exactly PMo. The article was about Taylor's challenges, but Smith had to make it about him.

Reply #802511 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Why is Smith using Taylor's story to validate the Kings' decision?

Taylor was no longer part of the roster, he could go home anytime he wanted whether the series went on or not.

The King's decision to pull out doesn;t even need validating, it was the right call.

Reply #802514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was not a word about Smith in the article, maybe read it.

Reply #802515 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yes but on Twitter Paul Smith referred to the article and made it all about himself again.

Reply #802518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taylor was still apart of the roster, even though he wasn't playing he couldn’t just leave

Reply #802520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith is an egomaniac. Can't help himself on social media, it has to be all about him. So much for this great culture at the Kings - the old saying is a fish rots from the head down and that’s exactly what the Kings are about now.

Reply #802521 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Taylor clearly states it. Bogus was the one throwing in the towel.

Reply #802525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Lisch, read the article. To nuffies making up crap.

Reply #802527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld has a rage boner for Smith - why constantly stalk his twitter if you hate what you see?

Reply #802532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What idiot bothers with Twitter.

Reply #802534 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Exactly. I don't read Twitter apart from the links people send or refer to on here. I'd hate to see Smith's entire account.

Reply #802541 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Taylor clearly states it. Bogus was the one throwing in the towel.

Something does not add up.

Bogut said in his interview with Fox that he wanted to play but only changed his mind at the players' meeting.

Of course I have no idea who is telling the truth.

Reply #802543 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Nonetheless I would like to see Taylor back in the NBL (provided situation allows).

I think he would be a good mid-tier import. Like a prime Ramone Moore, Stephen Holt, Dolla Beal and Sek Henry.

Reply #802544 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

I'd barely call call Beal mid tier. At least not his first couple of seasons

Reply #802559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mid-tier Finals MVP Jermaine Beal...

Reply #802560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People have to stop believing it was G Kelley that insisted on Randle. It was Joey that brought him in. Totally coach's call. Categorically 100% coach who made the change.

Reply #802635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754