YaBoy
Years ago

Melbourne United Player Ratings For NBL20

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/04/07/nbl-2019-20-player-ratings-melbourne-united/

Topic #47128 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble and Long both overrated, you have to play both ends of the floor both 6.5 and big money players who could only just get their side into finals, Barlow could not stay out foul trouble and was a step slower, 5, Illi 7 was fair, Joe AC was ok against poor sides but average against good opposition, 4.5, McCarron was reasonably good but I'd give 7, Prather a 1 for turning up. Goulding looked disinterested at times, 6.5.

This side should have been leading the competition from start to finish but failed to get anywhere near their potential.

Reply #802589 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Stats wise I think Long and Trimble were about right.

But their impact on the game did not transfer to success on the court, certainly not in the first 75% of the season and when you consider the amount of money poured into this team.

This has been one of the most disappointing teams this year, they just scraped through to the playoffs by percentages. I had them winning it all if Sydney didn't.

Reply #802591 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Crudelli 0.

Reply #802593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not certain Vince is to blame, he put an excellent side together, I'd say the coaching staff and players more to blame.

Reply #802594 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To be fair the zero is more for whoever was responsible for recruiting Long and Trimble. It was obvious to even casual fans last season they couldn't defend - one of the two in a starting five you could get away with but both... wow. What a waste of United's resources.

Reply #802595 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

As a passionate Melbourne United member I was very disappointed in the teams consistency.

I rate this year as a failure because so much money was spend making this rosters amazing failed.

Reply #802602 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Melbourne United felt like a very selfish team this year and those scathing remarks about Tohi weren't scathing enough, he is by far the most selfish player in the NBL based on his personal talent and those around him yet he still thought he was wide open.

Surely he'd be a great benchwarmer behind Delaney at the Breakers.

I thought McCarron was excellent and will never get enough plaudits at United until Goulding leaves for Tasmania

Reply #802616 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

I would like to see Melbourne United move on with Tohi Smith-Milner, he made dumb decisions on the court but great guy off the court.

Would rather someone like Kuany Kuany who has lots of energy and is not selfish to pass the ball. Kuany has been training with Melbourne United since he got cut from the Sydney Kings.

Reply #802628 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Agree, Alex. Unless TSM is a REAL late developer, I'd say he’s past his 'best before’ date and should be encouraged to look elsewhere.

Reply #802646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kuany was moved on from the kings because he did struggle passing the ball, go back and watch his game time. Cairns and Sydney let him go, not what United need.

Reply #802650 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Interesting, one NBL club should give Kuany another chance. I saw potential in him.

I was going to play in NBL1 this season before COVID-19 happened.

Reply #802655 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754