The truth
Years ago

Surprise Rookie

Each Year there is a Rookie which comes Up and surprise everyone ... Has alot of teams wishing they hadnt looked over him in the draft ...

Lets hear some predictions..

IMO i think it will be Mccants of twolves or Willams at Utah both will get plenty of minutes this season...

Topic #4715 | Report this topic

AJ  
Years ago

Who was rookie of the year last year.

Reply #54382 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Okafor

Reply #54385 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Look out for:

ATL - salim stoudamire to score in bunches off the bench
CHA - sean may and raymond felton, may at pf playing alongside okafor and felton to emerge as the best pg in the draft
MIN - mccants to put up numbers at sg
POR - martell webster, hes more nba ready than people think
PHO - Dijon Thompson, now that amare is out this guy will have to step up
TOR - Charlie Villanueva, although not worth the 7th pick he's 6'11 with range to the 3pt line, can block shots and handle the ball.

These arent my picks for the best performing rookies, but the suprise packages

Reply #54393 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Do people Rate Hakim Warrick as a possible surprise Rookie

Reply #54398 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

he may have some trouble defensively as he is a 'tweener' but he knows how to put the ball in the hoop and has some serious hops on him.

Reply #54401 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Deron Williams is gonna be awesome.
Sean may will surprise people at undersized PF .
Felton will be good - but will not be a scoring machine .

I agree with Martell Webster- he's gonna bust out.

Look out for Green from Boston too - if he gets a run. That crazy jam we all saw a month or two ago is what he can do all night !!
Ryan Gomes is getting respect from the veterans at camp too .

Reply #54406 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

ROY will be Jasikevicius from the Pacers. He'll be like Sabonis and win the ROY at 28.

As a Cats fan I was p*ssed that they selected May when Granger, Green, McCants, Wright, Graham and Warrick were still available. We needed another SG/SF, not an undersized PF with dodgy knees.

Surprise rooks will be Nate Robinson. I seriously hope he's in the Dunk Comp, the little man has some serious hops. A steal in this draft was Salim Stoudamire by Atlanta (they stuffed their other pick), Ryan Gomes is another steal.

ROY I'm hoping Bogut, but I like Deron Williams and Chris Paul. I think these three will fight it out with Jasikevicius.

Surprise will be Marvin Williams and Channing Frye...... b b b bust........

Reply #54410 | Report this post

thumper  
Years ago

how bout, who thinks will win the best rookie in the nbl???

Reply #54411 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

worthington

Reply #54412 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

may is a national champ, final four mvp, one of the best rebounders in college history, mvp in summer league, avgd 16 and 10 after only playin 4 mins in one game, strong enough to play NBA, and is from NC. I still think he's a justifiable pick. Okafor has added 18 lbs and is up to 270 sumthing, and played centre in college so i think he can shift across wen may is on the floor.

Reply #54417 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

im with you on nate in the dunk comp im hoping he pulls out the 2 hand reverse 360 alley to himself off the board he did in training at washington (college) - saw it on sportscentre

Reply #54419 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

NBL rookie of the year - Worthington .

Is Brad Hill eligible ?

Would Rhys Carter be eligible?

Reply #54422 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No doubt May is a player with credentials, but was he really what the Cats needed. McCants is also a NCAA champ and a proven scorer that can swing between the SG/SF. If they wanted the Tar Heel thing then they could of gone McCants.

I'm looking and thinking that May is/will be a poor mans Bison Dele (where's he now, bottom of the ocean). I just have a feeling that the Cats may of missed out on someone that could of helped them out a lot better than May.

Prefer to keep Oak at the PF and run Primoz, Ely and Jake at the C. I don't really like a 6'10" PF manning the C teamed up with a (generous) 6'9" PF. One of the problems the Cats have is scoring, and I feel Granger, Green, McCants, Wright, Graham and Warrick would of been more help.

Reply #54424 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

skyhook - brad hill isnt eligible. you can only be considered a rookie if you have played less than 9 games or something like that.

Reply #54481 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

i hope warrick jumps over someone like he did a couple of years ago.

Reply #54483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

salim
mccants
g-green

Reply #54674 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"I'm looking and thinking that May is/will be a poor mans Bison Dele (where's he now, bottom of the ocean)."

That's a tough call. He did win a championship with the Bulls but then again, so did a lot of players (Trent Tucker, Bobby Hansen, Will Perdue, Stacey King .....)

Unfortunately for Brian Williams (aka Bison Dele), he ended his career on a sinking note.

Reply #54709 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754