Curltey
Years ago

Euro Aussies back in NBL.

Aussie Mango,Motum the scrotum, Bear Bairstow and Jock the Rock in the NBL next year would be a small win.

Depending on travel rules, if Euro clubs in major leagues aren't able to restart could Euro based players willing to play in Australia wind up here too?

Topic #47150 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't look like we'll have imports unless a few guys are still hanging around from the NBL1 level so good to get some Euro guys back.

The bigger issue will be paying people as the hard cap at a low level is being discussed so guys might even sit out a year rather than risk injury for no cash.

Reply #803109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt, Adel, Broekhoff, Humphries, Reath, salt, Fotu, Webster are some of the other guys who can come back.

Reply #803111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One or two might come back, the rest your dreaming. If the nbl salary cap is $700000 you aren't attracting any body, in fact you may lose a few. You can still have your marquee players and what ever other dodgey deals there is but when you start paying tax for it over 700g it leaves not a lot you can do.

Reply #803114 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

in fact you may lose a few.
To where?

Reply #803115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The big euro leagues are run and owned by billionaires, while the sport is not on the same level as football in most countries, some Lithuania for example its number one, it is still very popular in all others. Europe won't be closed down for ever and already in Spain and Italy the restrictions are lifting. There comps start late September so still time for lots to happen.

Players like Landale are not coming hear to play for two thirds of what they can get overseas. Creek is another that could earn more there if they decide to cut his wage in half. There are others.

Reply #803118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz actually makes a good point.
To where?

Reply #803119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#119 see#118

Reply #803120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Europe won't be closed down for ever and already in Spain and Italy the restrictions are lifting."

Firstly, no country has lifted any travel restrictions. Secondly, it will soon become clear if lifting these restrictions is a good idea or not. Considering other countries saw a second spike in cases after relaxing their lockdowns then I don't see why European nations would be any different.

Reply #803121 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Motum the scrotum

Hahah what the eff

Reply #803122 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yes, I'm sure a bunch of players will be keen to swim over to some of the worst-affected countries in the world so they can earn all that magic money that somehow wasn't affected by the economic impacts of the shutdowns in leagues that will play in front of no crowds and function by teleporting players to each venue.

Reply #803123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australia is in the best position, breakers might have to set up here in Aus for a while though.

Reply #803125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You tell us why they won't Kobe

Reply #803127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The better players last 10 years, the not so good around 5, players will chase the money or might as well get a 9 to 5 job. Other than Singapore who have tightened restrictions most countries will probably start to ease them in next six weeks.

Reply #803128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure the players people are talking about are still O/S! They are more than likely still being paid too just like AFL footballers are. Why come back to Australia at all?

Reply #803134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it's safer to continue their careers here.

Reply #803141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it safer ?

Reply #803143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell us KR where are these Aussie players from EU now living? You reeally have had a bad day Mattic.

Reply #803144 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Other than Singapore who have tightened restrictions most countries will probably start to ease them in next six weeks.
Maybe, but there's a long way between 'easing restrictions' and 'business as usual', which won't be happening until the middle of next year at the earliest.

Pretty sure the players people are talking about are still O/S!
Tell us KR where are these Aussie players from EU now living?
I love that you think this proves I'm an idiot.

To recap, here's the start of this conversation:
in fact you may lose a few.
To where?

But go on, tell me about all the Australians who played NBL last year but won't this year because they're too busy living in Europe being paid by teams they don't play for.

Reply #803146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Spain and Italy the restrictions are lifting"

Spain is letting manufacturing and construction restart. Australia hasn't even shut those industries down. Spain is waiting to see what happens when they restart those lower risk industries before considering restarting retail (again - Australia hasn't shut down retail).

So if things go well, and there is no second wave, Spain may get to the point Australia is at now - limited shutdown - to give them time to rebuild their health system, stockpile equipment and retrain workforce. That tactic seems to be working in Australia. Given Spain's coming off a much harder hit to their health system, they'll probably take a little longer to get to where Australia is, in terms of preparations for sustainable management of the outbreak in some sort of new normality.

Reply #803147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KR said "Maybe, but there's a long way between 'easing restrictions' and 'business as usual', which won't be happening until the middle of next year at the earliest." So it will take more than a year to get business back to normal? Idiot right there.

KR said "have never seen, on TV, any footage that would indicate AFL or BBL commentators are clearly at the ground (and in the case of the BBL in particular it very much looks like a hub" Cockwomble. Google it idiot.

Reply #803149 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So it will take more than a year to get business back to normal? Idiot right there.
Oh, so the pandemic's all fixed then? That's good news. You should probably alert health authorities because they clearly aren't aware.

Reply #803150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst there have been trajic deaths in Australia it pales in comparison to Europe, especially Italy and Spain. It's finally getting better due to people taking it seriously and restrictions governments have placed on the public. But all it takes is for restrictions to relax and a couple of morons to head to their local Aldi and a chain reaction starts again. Sure, that can happen in Australia but with a sparser population we're statistically better off.
Can get better money in Europe, but I think the classic saying, you can't take it with you when you die is pretty apt.
Who here if head office rings and says you've got a promotion if you want it but have to head to Madrid, who takes it. I'll be staying in little old Adelaide, wouldn't even move to Sydney.

Reply #803154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain and Italy have over 100 million people between them, compared to Australia's 25 million. They are also a race of people that hug and kiss a lot so obviously they would get a greater spread and higher death toll than Australia. They live closer together as well. Germany has been able to keep a lot less due to partly due to their non hugging less personal greetings and off course a better health system. There is a lot time before next season here and there but if both Australia and Europe get back to playing basketball around the same time and the money is better in the big euro market good players aren’t hanging around Australia.
The league has taken a great step forward but it would be a shame if it went backwards. A 50% cut to $700g salary cap isn’t going to keep good players here if they can get work elsewhere.

Reply #803156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell us KR where are these Aussie players from EU now living? You reeally have had a bad day Mattic.

Another "curious" comment.

Reply #803157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You should probably alert health authorities because they clearly aren't aware." You shoud alert the authorities to your delusions.

There are no real commentators at AFL, cricket or BBL games. Hilarious. Seriously deluded and if you think the corona virus will take more than a year to get back to normal you clearly must be a Doctor of some repute and know what no one else in the world knows. Otherwise you are like so many of your posts giving a baseless opinion.

Reply #803159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe not Landale but Mote the Scrote , Brandt, Reath and Bairstow could play NBL next season.

Reply #803162 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There are no real commentators at AFL, cricket or BBL games. Hilarious.
I never said that.

Seriously deluded and if you think the corona virus will take more than a year to get back to normal you clearly must be a Doctor of some repute and know what no one else in the world knows
You haven't seen anyone else say it'll be more than a year? Have you been living under a rock?

It will take more than a year. 100% guarantee. And I'm saying that with an actual name up, so people can hang shit on me for it if I'm wrong. If I'm right, you can just pretend it never happened.

Reply #803164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Despite some restrictions being eased, travel restrictions will be in place at least until the end of this year, so that will severely disrupt professional sport.

KR has been pretty spot on with his opinions and assessment of this issue.

Reply #803165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anons grab yourselves a napkin you just got served.

( by Koberulz)

Reply #803166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Koberulz speaking some serious truth.

Reply #803167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Tell us KR where are these Aussie players from EU now living? You reeally have had a bad day Mattic"

Landale is in Aus

Broekhoff has an offer from a Greek Euroleague team but is still in the states with his wife and newborn

Motum posted an IG and tagged valenica so i believe he is still there

Mangok Mathiang is in Australia

Reply #803168 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And none of them are relevant to the idea of current NBL players leaving for Europe, which was the actual point I was contesting.

Reply #803169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to the anons. Koberulz just got the mic drop on you lot.

I don't agree with the way koberulz conducts himself on here time to time, arrogant, patronising etc but he is spot on with relation to the virus. Will take Atleast a year for things to get back to some level of normality.

Reply #803170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay is no fool, so if things in Europe are the same as in Australia and his wages get cut 50% to $200g and he can probably get triple that in Europe he's not playing in Australia. As stated it’s still an unknown but it’s an unknown every where. McCarron and others would look at there options.

Time will tell but the nbl had better be careful with the cuts. It might bite them on the arse after all the good work.

Reply #803171 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kay is no fool, so if things in Europe are the same as in Australia and his wages get cut 50% to $200g and he can probably get triple that in Europe he's not playing in Australia.
Thank you for informing us that when choosing between two equivalent jobs, people take the higher-paying one. Couldn't have worked that out without your assistance.

I can't see Euroleague happening at all. Domestic leagues in European countries may or may not happen at all. The money may or may not be the same. Australians may or may not be allowed/able to get out of the country.

Reply #803173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see current local NBL players rushing to destinations like Spain, Italy or the US.

Reply #803174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" so if things in Europe are the same as in Australia"

Things aren't the same in Europe as they are in Australia.

Reply #803175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few people talking suggest that the hard cap might even be lower than the $700K being talked about.

Guys currently on contract will basically be told this is your new salary or your free to leave....however there isn't a market for free agents due to the cap so guys will have to just take what they are offered or not play.

Reply #803177 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

If the hard cap was $700k,
That's say 10 players at $55k each with $150k leftover for a marquee man... or similar pay break down. Ouch!

Reply #803179 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Australians may or may not be allowed/able to get out of the country."

^ This seems to be the part that most folks can't grasp. That Thailand trip you were thinking about this December probably isn't going to happen, folks. Australian basketballers currently in Australia are probably going to be playing NBL or nowhere at all, and given the money it may be they opt for nowhere at all.

Reply #803181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basically going back to what the NBL was before LK got involved, when it was on free to air , attracted NBA level imports and recruited young aussie talent to stay in Australia.

Reply #803184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't be serious, lmao.

If serious my budgie has better memory than you, it was a shit show.

Reply #803186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL clubs won't pay 10 players...it'll be pay down to 8th spot of the roster then the other are effectively partime like it was in the dark old days or they are young kids hoping to break through for a season or two!

Reply #803187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A shit show was it?

Highest TV rating for NBL ever came form that period.

Teams had Tier 1 sponsors unlike today. Kings played in a GF with Bogut and could get a front of singlet sponsor.

Players still came back from college and Europe to play.

NBA resume imports still played in the NBL

And teams weren't losing millions of dollars a year following a pump and dump show.

Reply #803190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK now has the NBL and it's a financial basketcase.

Reply #803191 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Highest TV rating for NBL ever came form that period.
[citation needed]

Teams had Tier 1 sponsors unlike today. Kings played in a GF with Bogut and could get a front of singlet sponsor.
Tier 1 sponsors like MightyMite?

Players still came back from college and Europe to play.
I don't really keep up with college but Anthony Drmic came back at a minimum. From Europe: Andersen, Newley, Goulding. Just off the top of my head.

NBA resume imports still played in the NBL
Other than Sam Young letting Goulding go for 50 on him, did any of them actually do anything? Young was trash. Flynn was trash. Childress was the only one who was any good and he'd been out of the NBA for years (and played in the LK era as well).

And teams weren't losing millions of dollars a year following a pump and dump show.
AFAIK the only two profitable teams were Cairns and Perth. Same as now.

Reply #803193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Kobe

I know the TV rating because I follow the data and have a partner in media

Mighty Might isn't Tier 1 - Tier 1 is blue chip ASX or equivalent

You see my point - nothing has changed

I won't enter into a pissing contest about who was better , my point is the players that had played in the NBA played in the NBL then. If you think the players today are steps above those from that period Casper Ware's GF shooting says hello.

Cairns and Perth are no longer profitable due to wage stress. Teams got through losing around 200- 300k a year now its millions a year.

Reply #803198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah the ol citation needed out. How about you backup your corona theory with some citations Kobe

Reply #803199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" How about you backup your corona theory with some citations Kobe"

You want him to cite how he formed his opinions? I don't think you know how citations work.

Reply #803201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes A1 sponsors, who can ever forget that magnificent sponsor firepower. If it was so great why did so many clubs not stay afloat.

Reply #803202 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I know the TV rating because I follow the data and have a partner in media
And you're suggesting there were more people watching the NBL when there were two games a week on obscure secondary channels than there were when it was covered live in prime time on free-to-air and before Foxtel, Netflix, etc were competing for eyeballs? Bullshit.

Mighty Might isn't Tier 1 - Tier 1 is blue chip ASX or equivalent
Yes, that was my point. Where were these tier 1 sponsors you insist existed?

You see my point - nothing has changed
Your point was that things have got worse. Try to keep up.

I won't enter into a pissing contest about who was better , my point is the players that had played in the NBA played in the NBL then.
Firstly, who cares? Secondly, Miles Plumlee. Bryce Cotton. Andrew Bogut. All with NBA experience.

If you think the players today are steps above those from that period Casper Ware's GF shooting says hello.
While Bryce Cotton's sits shyly in the corner?

Cairns and Perth are no longer profitable
They say otherwise.

Reply #803207 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Whilst Kober has taken a rather dour view from the outset,
on this part of the issue he is correct.

There are probably a number of steps in "getting back to normal":

1) Games resume in Clean-Hub Cities behind closed doors.
2) Crowds are allowed back.
3) Inter-City Travel is allowed without quarantine (2 & 3 might swap)
4) Imports allowed subject to quarantine.
5) Unrestricted International Travel
6) Economic Conditions fully normalise.

So ok, some Euroteams & Leagues with filthy-rich owners might be in front at steps 1 & 6 (as will leagues with massive TV revenue)
But for the others, Europe and the USA will be well behind Australia.

I don't know exactly what the extent of the travel restrictions are in Europe, but whilst they will be keen to lift them for Commerce and essential travel, they're going to be stuck with some restrictions for a long time.

Plus, its not like we're talking only about the top Euro-league teams.
If ANY league remains shut down, that creates an extra pool of players all looking for gigs.
Opportunities across Europe WILL be reduced, as will salaries. It's just a question of how much.

And if, by some miracles, the world is completely back to normal within a few months, then what's the problem? The NBL will continue as before.

Simple point is that in whatever other scenario we imagine, Australia and the NBL will be in front of other countries.

Then there are also the long-term impacts.
Plumlee will be thanking God, his Aussie GF, (and anyone else he can think of) that he got the fuck outa China when he did and came to Perth.
Imagine you're bumming around the G-League, and your agent calls with two offers:
$200k to play for the Perf Bandits, (with free health insurance)OR
$500k to play for the Wuhan Pangolins...
Which one you gonna choose?

Reply #803210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They say otherwise". Cairns are in the shit. I suspect if there isn't a new owner found the community business model will fail.

Reply #803214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@koberuls

1)Yes that's what I am saying because that's a fact

2) McDonalds, KIA, Coca Cola, Swan , National Foods, XXXX, Virgin, state government programs all Tier 1 NRS or headline sponsors of teams. NZ has Skycity and that's it for the league.

3) You care because you are arguing. We had NBA players in the league of similar calibre to the ones we have now when the salary cap was 900k and lower.

4) yep , so despite the salary cap exploding we still have talent returning from overseas. Juts like in the past Maher , Heal , Cattalini , Rogers and so on

5) last time I communicated with Jack he was underwriting the team. Cairns have changed their constitution because the model isn't working and isn't sustainable.

Reply #803215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
Oh boy.

Reply #803218 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

1)Yes that's what I am saying because that's a fact
Cite it then.

McDonalds, KIA, Coca Cola, Swan , National Foods, XXXX, Virgin, state government programs all Tier 1 NRS or headline sponsors of teams
So when you say "before LK took over" you don't mean the demerger era or the BA era, you mean the early 90s? What relevance does the early 90s have? None of those companies have sponsored an NBL club or the league since what, 2005?

You care because you are arguing.
You're equivocating.

yep , so despite the salary cap exploding we still have talent returning from overseas.
Yes, the exact thing you said wasn't happening.

last time I communicated with Jack he was underwriting the team.
And Georgiu says they're somewhere between break-even and mildly profitable.

Reply #803219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sponsors of NBL teams in the BA era

Western Australian Government
KIA
Dodo
McDonalds
Skytrans
Toyota
Burger King
Breakaway , not sure on spelling , was ASX listed
The publicly listed mining company from Wollongong , cant recall the name.

Reply #803221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Following any argument involving Kobe Rulz

Reply #803223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Equivocating.

Reply #803224 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Western Australian Government
KIA
Dodo
McDonalds
Skytrans
Toyota
Burger King
Breakaway
McDonald's and Toyota were just local franchises. The WA government also sponsored the Wildcats in the LK era.

Reply #803226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK so they were sponsors then

well thought out argument from you. bravo

Reply #803228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure I'd go head to head too long fighting about sponsors unless the value of the sponsorships were available too.

Reply #803229 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That, and some suggestion of a causal link between LK and a change of sponsors, because at best we have correlation over a tiny sample size.

A McDonald's franchise isn't worth anywhere near as much as actual McDonald's, and shouldn't be counted as such. Again, equivocating.

Reply #803232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you understand how McDonalds would make such a sponsorship? it wasn't just a franchisee ... you are reaching. Franchisee's cant just slap their logo wherever they want

Reply #803237 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They might have got approval but that's not anywhere near the same thing and again, without knowing what it's worth why do we care?

Reply #803238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you've now twisted the argument to it being about dollars rather than the brand itself.

You picked on my statement about Tier 1 brands being sponsors being involved at team level, which as I have stated has changed since LK got involved. Outside NZ no team has a Tier 1 brand as NRS

BTW the McDonalds sponsorship was substantial which is why the Crocs had very good rosters for a long time.

Reply #803239 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why does the brand matter? You can't pay bills with a logo.

Reply #803241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am getting dumber for each time you post. thank you good night

Reply #803242 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I find that difficult to believe given how dumb you clearly were before I posted anything.

Reply #803244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Citation needed. I wonder if it is Mattic.
Townsville. Telstra. Porn.

Reply #803246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does someone who hates ozhoops so much keep bringing it up?

Reply #803249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NOt sure what you are on about above. Ozhoops was a great place. You actaully met the people from the Boards and had a lot of fun with them at games. Bevvies afterward and great Chinese many times I recall. Not sure what you are on about annonymous. Some of those people are still friends to this day. Clearly you missed out.

Reply #803253 | Report this post

dubious  
Years ago

Except for my brother curious as nobody liked him. Still is bitter to this day, how sad.

Reply #803259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its very odd behaviour to continually try and poke the bear with people that he doesn't like, only so he can complain when they react. I think it speaks to a personality disorder. Or maybe that's how they do things in Tassie?

Reply #803263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt still being the bully again. Pretty sure you were told to STFU. Once again you can't tell a bully anything.

Reply #803267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like I said, complains when they react. So predictable and childish. You're an old man Bruce, time to give it up I think.

Reply #803268 | Report this post

dubious  
Years ago

Imagine how much angrier Old Brucey is going to get when his job application for team manager of the new TAS team is rejected. The guy clings onto memories of his past NBL position more than ClintDogg.

Reply #803270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh so now the dubious alias has been dragged out again. Getting desterate are we Matt. Continue the bullying by all means.

Reply #803279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's cute that you think that only one person thinks you're a massive dickhead. No one likes you.

Reply #803284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Desterate LOL!!

Reply #803285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's cute that you think that only one person thinks you're a massive dickhead. No one likes you." Wow that's cutting. Keep posting under the anonymous alias. IP's to look into .

Reply #803294 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

yes
"Ozhoops was a great place"
Agree

some numbnuts like curious and other "neverweres" really, really destroyed it. Got impossible to actually have intelligent discussions.
At least here its easier to scroll down a few posts and pick up with the adults again

Reply #803321 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Basically going back to what the NBL was before LK got involved, when it was on free to air , attracted NBA level imports and recruited young aussie talent to stay in Australia."

Be careful when using drugs!

LK entered into a situation where:
- only NBL sponsor was a ball deal with Wilson and no other sponsors
- no TV deal, and Channel Ten had been trying to bail from the NBL for years prior
- no Brisbane
- a struggling Townsville, Illawarra, Adelaide financially

LK arrived to a completely mismanaged shit show.

Fast forward: revenue has been higher than ever before, league naming rights sponsor, new investment in almost all teams, broadcast of every game on several mediums

Reply #803323 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers management or New York Knicks management?

Reply #803324 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

LK entered into a situation where:
- only NBL sponsor was a ball deal with Wilson and no other sponsors
The Wilson deal was well after LK came along.

Reply #803326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"
- a struggling Townsville, Illawarra, Adelaide financially

LK arrived to a completely mismanaged shit show."

Good to see he fixed all of those problems then.

Reply #803329 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Koberulz, Jeremy Loeliger in an interview said that when they arrived there were no sponsors except a ball deal, I assumed that was Wilson

Reply #803331 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide don't have financial issues, Illawarra had investment and the appears to be plenty wanting to invest, Townsville was shed, Brisbane reintroduced with new ownership, Melbourne additional investment, NZ new owners, Sydney new owners.

We went from 3-4 teams with adequate investment to 7-8 teams with adequate investment.

Reply #803333 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Koberulz, Jeremy Loeliger in an interview said that when they arrived there were no sponsors except a ball deal, I assumed that was Wilson
The Spalding deal must have still been in place, if they took over in May and Wilson weren't signed until August.

Reply #803343 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Probably, I was always under the impression Wilson was an LK-era deal until Loeliger mentioned that

Reply #803347 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This all goes back to one comment which is so vaguely defined it's like starting a sporting competition without rules.

Respondent tees off with golf shot. Commenter takes netball stance. Respondent returns with lacrosse stick. Commenter dons fencing mask. Respondent places gridiron for kick-off. Commenter Fosbury Flops. Respondent starts sprinting periphery. Commenter aims at nearby dartboard.

I think I know who wins though.

Reply #803348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

QANTAS is a league sponsor because they get paid to be a sponsor. Dont fall for the smoke and mirrors. Just like the league used to have a hotel sponsor where the teams were compelled to stay paying higher rooms night fees than what you could get off the street

Reply #803356 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Anon, one year ago today:

KR said "Maybe, but there's a long way between 'easing restrictions' and 'business as usual', which won't be happening until the middle of next year at the earliest." So it will take more than a year to get business back to normal? Idiot right there.
Seriously deluded and if you think the corona virus will take more than a year to get back to normal you clearly must be a Doctor of some repute and know what no one else in the world knows. Otherwise you are like so many of your posts giving a baseless opinion.

Me, one year ago today:
It will take more than a year. 100% guarantee. And I'm saying that with an actual name up, so people can hang shit on me for it if I'm wrong. If I'm right, you can just pretend it never happened.

Looks like I did know what I was talking about after all.

Reply #842703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754