Anonymous
Years ago

Cost of making a basketball highlights video

How much should a 2-3 min video made by a video editor cost.
Share thoughts.

Topic #47170 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

$8000

Reply #803840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TO do it properly is around $1,800. You need someone to come in and record it properly. A highlight tape can get a scholarship worth vastly more so $1,800 is a small investment. To cut from existing tape to a high, professional standard is around 500-700.

Reply #803842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you want a highlight video for. Colleges don't want them.

Reply #803843 | Report this post

Geeeman  
Years ago

You can easily make one yourself for no cost. Colleges prefer game tape if that's what you’re after.

Reply #803844 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

About tree fiddy.

Reply #803846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely, the first step in getting "recruited" by US Colleges is having some highlight tape available. The better you can present your skillset, strengths and game in as brief as time as possible the better. College coaches get sent several hundred emails and communications which includes tape per day. So they simply don't have time to check full game tape each and every time. They want to efficiently, quickly and accurately as possible evaluate you before putting you into their recruiting depth charts.

Even getting college coaches to open your email with your highlight tape in it is a big ask. But in short, having a good highlight tape is very important part to getting yourself recruited by as many schools as possible in order to determine your level.

Reply #803849 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

About tree fiddy.

Hahaha, beat me to it.

Reply #803851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Making a highlists video cost"
Having the ability to spell too helps. ;)

Reply #803852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Google and YouTube it, not that hard.

Reply #803857 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Lots of things aren't that hard if you want something that vaguely meets the description without any concern for quality.

Reply #803863 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Re: "Making a highlists video cost"
Having the ability to spell too helps. ;)

specially if you want to teach, it does. But to play b/ball???

Leave him alone, he wants to be Jordan, not Einstein!

Reply #803867 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

The pricey bit is getting someone to get footage with decent camera gear over multiple games/training sessions etc. The editing is pretty straightforward and can be done by anyone with basic computer skills.

Reply #803868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember a mum hired a professional video guy for around 6 games for 16 div 2 saying it would attract college coaches. Pity that the kid was terrible, scored maybe 2 baskets and couldn't stop a sneeze. Video guy asked me the best place to aim on court for his setup, I said the bench was pretty easy to find.

Reply #803874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Go to Fiverr or similar for someone cheap. For DIY, DaVinci Resolve has a free tier that is very good and certainly better than you'd need for this task.

But first, I’d go to the established genuine coaches and ask them what they recommend for pitching to colleges or whoever you’re trying to attract.

Reply #803876 | Report this post

Hoop  
Years ago

Im in Serbia I dont want to attract college coaches i just wanted to know
how to put a bunch of videos together and make an intro thats it.

Reply #803915 | Report this post

Hoop  
Years ago

Thanks for the response but those who tried to act smart f*** ***

Reply #803916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am looking at doing same thing, thought it was just getting game footage and putting together, but doing proper research there are great channels on YouTube. To get a professional look depends on camera and actually putting a script together in terms of getting sequences right. Lots of free editing software out there, missing features from paid version but don't have watermarks or anything.
And if you expected not to get smartarse comments on this forum you've obviously never been on here or not for long.

Reply #803919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$0

Reply #805403 | Report this post

Lions Den  
Years ago

Wow! I shouldn't be surproized I suppose but a hell of a lot of people on here who clearly have no idea or experience giving advice.

Reply #808391 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's what we do.

Reply #808404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754