Anonymous
Years ago

G-League

Mitch Creek mentioned majority of the G-League players are selfish and only play for themselves.

Do you think this will affect those who are skipping college and going the G-League route?

Topic #47184 | Report this topic

Billy Bob  
Years ago

I really don't think
A) this is news to anyone
B) players looking at the G League really care or know who Mitch Creek is.

Not a knock on him. Just don’t think he’s on the radar of opinions sought by any young high school players in the states.

Reply #804334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...says the guy who quit on his team during the G-League finals to sit on the bench in Minnesota, and then act as though the team wanted him back. But it is the other who were selfish and only playing for himself, right? All players are striving for the same thing.

Reply #804336 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yes, its not news, and yes it does affect kids turning pro.
That is why:
a) Ball's Dad said he wasn't going to play G-League, and
b) Why the NBA had to come up with a new system to attract the young stars.

Reply #804351 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Those who haven't seen it, should watch the baseball doco, "Battered Bastards of Baseball."
It tells the story of the Portland Mavericks. It was a team started by Kurt Russell's dad Bing Russell, and at the time was the only independent team in minor-league baseball.
It was run on a shoestring, and was not expected to be competitive against the Major-League affiliated teams. But they kicked ass, winning divisional titles.
Basically it highlighted the different between an actual TEAM, (comprised largely of delisted veterans) and the farm teams who's primary role was stashing and developing kids.

My point is that as long as the G-League continues as simply a development showcase for the NBA, it's not going to match real teams.

Reply #804352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This kids are going into a special team made for developing prospects. They're not going to be playing with normal gleague players - it's going to be handpicked vets who are there to mentor them

Reply #804358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No different to the next stars we recently had here...no care for team results or club just a quick stop over till the "next" spot.

Reply #804359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billy Bob I know they don't care who Creek is, what I mean is that the league will affect them not what Creek has said. Haha

Reply #804473 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

As mentioned the players will be on a team specially built to help develop them.
Which will not be playing in the G League fully from what I can tell.
It will play exhibition games against G league teams and other development teams around the world.
Ie the NBA academy teams in Australia and other countries
Plus do community bball clinics at schools and other charity work

So if they find the right vets and coaches to mentor the young players they should be fine.

My biggest take away is that the straight from high school change must be a while away for them to spend a lot money on this dev team.

Reply #804483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754