Alex
Years ago

NBL Free Agency delayed

Due to COVID-19, the Hungry Jack's National Basketball League has agreed with the Australian Basketball Players’ Association to start the free agency on July 1st.

Topic #47190 | Report this topic

Barry  
Years ago

But Koberules said it was the 1st May!

Reply #804527 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Turns out Alex is correct.
Going to be a long offseason.

Reply #804528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Koberules said it was the 1st May!
It was. They changed it.

Reply #804534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rules of the Hoops forum:

1. koberulz is never wrong

2. if koberulz is wrong, refer to rule #1

Reply #804540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the NBL statement:
"The free agency period was due to start on March 30 but had been delayed until at least May 1. Following talks this week, the NBL and ABPA have agreed to a new date at the start of July."

Koberulz' only sin here seems to have been to believe the NBL.

Reply #804553 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

Is Koberules Felix Van Hofe?

Reply #804557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Barry obsessed with koberulz?

Reply #804560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sydney and Perth are good financially why wouldn't they try enter the Asian league, lot extra travelling bit if the virus is controlled there could be good money in it.

Reply #804570 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

Koberules tries to be the expert. He said it was the first of May. Unequivocally, no if's buts of maybes. As pointed out already he believed the NBL. Anyway why would you care what I posted about? Are you one of the idiot trolls here? New user and all of a sudden I am called out for making a toungue in cheek joke.

Reply #804642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the time of him posting it, the end of free agency was May. Two or three days ago, the NBL moved it to June.

If you think you've caught koberulz out for getting something wrong in this case then you're either an idiot or you have an unhealthy obsession with him.

Reply #804645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

July, not June. Better correct myself before "new user" Barry catches me out.

Reply #804646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still obsessed

Reply #804647 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

I'm sure Barry isn't a new user if he is familiar with Koberulz.

In this instance Koberulz was right at the time of posting, it's the NBL that keep changing things mostly for the worst.

Reply #804648 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

You only have to read the posts from Koberules which I have been doing for ages. As soon as I post the wolves come out which is also you notice a lot when reading here.

Reply #804649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just because you chose a new user name, it doesn't mean you're a new user.

You had a dig at koberulz for no reason, and other people defended him. Just accept it and move on.

Reply #804650 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Barry, back in 2013 you said:

there are thousands and thousands of people in Adelaide that could be at the sixers tonight

But the 36ers are not playing tonight, not least of all because it's currently the off-season. Therefore you are wrong.

Reply #804651 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Barry, are you honestly struggling to understand this situation? The NBL announced a date, indicated that it would possibly change, then revised that date. What on earth is your "gotcha" here?

Reply #804652 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

Never posted that Koberules. Never posted here before let alone started a topic. Gotcha I guess. Surely there aren't 2 people here that use the same name?

Reply #804655 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Curiously with his lack of comprehension skills Barry has a Bruce like whiff to him.

Reply #804656 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Never posted here before
Well, that's a lie. He might be mixing up with a different Barry, but you've posted here a number of times, including posts about koberulz in different threads.

Reply #804662 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What's the claim here? That koberulz said the date won’t change from 1st May?

Otherwise it’s a daft gripe, as Isaac says, NBL said a date and that was the date until they amended it.

It was always going to be an interim date to give time to re-evaluate. We were too early in dealing with Corona for it to be such a set in stone date for reopening FA. Given we are well on the way to recovery it’s very possible FA does reopen in July but if it doesn’t that will be a reflection of the corona situation.

Reply #804665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He just wanted to have a dig at koberulz. Pretty ordinary for a supposedly new user to come in and start throwing barbs around, but hilarious that he got it so wrong.

Reply #804669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still there Barry?

Reply #807080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon Barry is still here, and he's gone back to slagging koberulz off anonymously.

Reply #807087 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Why is every thread now about people attacking and then defending Kober?

Reply #807090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kober is a forum legend who knows more than any of us.
We owe the MAN some respect.

Reply #807091 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Barry? I was thinking it was Bruce.

Reply #807101 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754