Cats for life
Years ago

Should NBL clubs suspend memberships?

With uncertainty about the situation at hand, should club's suspend membership payments? Or even discount?

Understand that they need us and it's a business but at the same time you can't pay for something that you don't know what you are paying for?

Topic #47191 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask the club.

Reply #804558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns Taipans have suspended membership until further notice.

Reply #804562 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Wildcats' deadline to renew was before the grand final, so they've already locked in anyone who initially planned on coming back.

Reply #804563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not a member because I can't get to hardly any games. But part of survival of some clubs will be membership revenue stream. Those that can afford it should, players are taking big cuts. I remember years back when Western Bulldogs had backs to wall and members of other clubs were buying their memberships to keep them afloat.
I think showing "the books" first would help. Expenditure for basketball department, hire of venues, advertising etc and put it against projected income, both if crowds are allowed or not. Then they can say we need to raise X amount of money if you want to see a decent team on court.

Reply #804574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay the memberships, because without them, this could be the last year you even have an option to have a team to pay one too. Food for thought

Reply #804607 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

As bad as I wanted to keep my membership I opt out because United's membership prizes have not changed and your paying to watch lower standard basketball and to be honest t’s not worth watching. I am better off watching it on tv.

I payed for AFL membership this year and I still haven’t heard anything from AFL. Not even one email so I’ve learnt my lesson to opt out early.

I feel bad for Red army, I know your memberships are dearer then Melbourne's because of demand. I don’t think you guys will get refunds.

Reply #804631 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What can you win in their membership draws?

Reply #804635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you don't pay memberships you may not watch them on tv if they fold. And will be terrible.

Reply #804640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:37 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754