TB
Years ago

Cotton big news at 11am WST

As per his instagram.

"It's almost that time! We've been working hard on this for a while now...Dropping at 11am WST"

Topic #47198 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

"I've decided to take my talents to Adelaide..."

Reply #804723 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Documentary...

Reply #804725 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Signing with the West Coast Eagles

Reply #804726 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Doesn't seem like the right fit for the west coke eagles

Reply #804730 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Line of t-shirts!

Reply #804735 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Citizenship announcement ?

Reply #804737 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I hope they have a better logo if it's t shirts

Reply #804738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Player assistant coach to be able to get around the cap issues.

Reply #804741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New drag show?

Whoops, wrong forum.

Reply #804742 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Fingers crossed for citizenship !

Reply #804743 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

The pic looks like a clothing logo. But the timing would be really bad after you just announced you were (possibly) leaving the place you've been loved for 3 years. Wouldn't be great for sales.

Reply #804744 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

His opting-out announcement mentions something his team had been working on and that was unrelated to him opting out, and so I assume unrelated to a subsequent signing?

You wouldn't farewell Wildcats fans if you were going to take an ownership stake or start a local business.

Personal brand thing of some sort? Is anything short of NBA "big news" though?

Reply #804746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only decent big thing would be something to do with his citizenship, if it has been worked hard on is only real clue. But if its some crap clothing line then POQ.

Reply #804748 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Good chance this isn't a big announcement

Reply #804750 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would you opt out of your contract to naturalise and then make a launch announcement? The implication in his other post was that the opting-out was unrelated to whatever this is.

Reply #804751 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Just about ruling out this being a big announcement in the context of forum hoopsters!

Re a line of clothing or brand, doesn't or teys have one?

Reply #804753 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Cadee or Teys

Reply #804754 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

New line of clothing..?? Second Ever..!!

Reply #804757 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Do you reckon it'd be all cotton material?

Reply #804758 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Annnnd,it's a clothing line.

Reply #804760 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

meh

Reply #804761 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

These athletes really do live in a bubble.

Reply #804762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton to be lend his name to a number of unit developments around Melbourne and will sign for alot less to move to Melbourne to follow his dream of being in real estate

Reply #804763 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Pretty expensive. $65 for a T-shirt. The company that's attached (Aeroture) is also selling signed prints for $990, you could get his game worn jersey signed for $700 in the wildcats auction last week.

Reply #804764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Von Hofe know? he can zoom in and tell us from his mums house

Reply #804770 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Those are some butt ugly designs.

Reply #804772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not the big news I expected.
Perthworld could have been simply making reference to Cotton as in his surname

Reply #804774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We understand where the reference to Cotton came from. It's the fact he said it was going to be hand-picked which is the issue.

If you genuinely don't understand why it's racist then feel free to ask. If you're going to try and defend it then you can fuck off.

Reply #804775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurry up and get citizenship organised Bryce.

Reply #804776 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Opts out of Australian contract. Launches t-shirts on .com.au domain with Australian product fulfilment. (Obviously they'd been working on this long before he opted out.)

Reply #804777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Opts out of Australian contract. Launches t-shirts on .com.au domain with Australian product fulfilment. (Obviously they'd been working on this long before he opted out.)"

Remember he's got an Australian wife and child. He's not cutting ties with the country forever.

Reply #804778 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

True.

Reply #804782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Info on shirts/costs

The tee's are AS Colour Staple Tees.

You can buy them for about $20 each.

With a single colour print on the front and back and a fabric tag on the sleeve, they are going to be making less than $30 a tee.

Personally I would not buy one. They are uninspiring.

I don't knock the hustle, in fact this makes me think Cotton was happy staying in Perth for at least another 12 months but salary restrictions have forced him to look elsewhere.

Reply #804783 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

I don't mind the shirts, just out of the price range I'm willing to pay for a casual T-shirt.

Reply #804784 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Real odd time to do this for a number of reasons.

No 1- Opts out and leaves the NBL, as much as people have said they are all good with it, they'd sit back and say he wants to go but here is a shirt i would like you to buy to help me out financially, which leads into my second point

No - Current economic client, a lot of people have bigger financial issues at the moment than forking out for a 65 dollar t shirt or a 990 print, that if you searched the internet, i'm sure you could download something similar and get it framed for half the price.

This may have been in the planning long before the virus, but surely you could role this back, given everything that is currently going on in the world.

The other thing with this, as much as i have loved him playing for Perth and wish him nothing but the best, his market for a product like this would only be in Perth, he is not that big of a name worldwide that you'd think people are interested in.

Reply #804786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Current economic client, a lot of people have bigger financial issues at the moment than forking out for a 65 dollar t shirt"

No one is forcing you to buy them

Reply #804789 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

The Wildcats should buy $300k worth of T-shirts on the proviso he opts back into his contract

Reply #804791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should follow Sydney's lead and try to apply to the league and have Cotton join as a next gen player.

Reply #804793 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

" No one is forcing you to buy them "

Not planning to, but i'm not a big merch buyer, i was just pointing out one of the reasons it was a strange time to do this.

Reply #804794 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

If he gets desperate he can give them to the Cats who will be able to use them. They were still shooting Casey Prather T's out of the TShirt cannon into the crowd 2 years after he left!

Reply #804799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good idea above, wildcats by $300g worth and put them out for free in first game, buy one plus get one free, should cover his wage and his T shirt income.

Reply #804801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Wildcats should buy $300k worth of T-shirts on the proviso he opts back into his contract"

This is the best idea I've heard all day.

Reply #804921 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Everyone wants to have their own clothes brand these days haha

How many in Australia would be able to pull it off? I'm afraid Cotton would be "niche".

Simmons, maybe even Mills, Delly, Bogut can pull it off to an extent in a local Aussie market. Even then can’t imagine it really being that much of a profitable proposition.

Reply #804922 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

JC

Reply #804938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of people actually do have their own clothing brand.

It's not hard and quite easy to do.

Especially with graphic design skills now being more common/everyday, anyone can whip up a design, find a printer and t-shirt supplier. It's not rocket science.

Reply #804940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754