Anonymous
Years ago

NH: AFL is back

Finally confirmed for June 11th as the first cab off the rank. Mixture of hubs and testing. Does this pave the way for other sports.

Topic #47231 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

First? NRL restarts on 28th May.

Reply #805855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well yes second. But I don't hear anything about NRL being from Melbourne. We have a whole news dedicated to the return tonight.

Reply #805860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd question how much the AFL has to gain from returning. A bastardised season in the form of shorter qtrs, no crowds, shorter fixture, inequity from some teams unable to train and play at home. Not a great product. All the while it’s not a good look having teams play while people are losing jobs and lives. I guess the answer is money. But i wouldn’t have thought it’s good marketing or PR.

Reply #805865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 2020 AFL season is dead to me.

Reply #805868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do they have to gain? They get to keep their broadcast $$

Reply #805870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, yes it won't be like previous years, but it’s better than nothing!

Reply #805874 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, the answer is TV money.

Reply #805878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chances that this all runs smoothly without clusters of positive tests running through teams, is minimal.

Reply #805881 | Report this post

Scrote  
Years ago

Money money money.
They'd also be terrified that they may lose players to basketball,lol

Reply #805884 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

They're only just planning to begin group/team trainings aren’t they?

And only in some states.

Team game. Players restricted to mostly individual training. Game feel, knowing your team mates. I want to believe that footy and basketball will be back producing competitions worth watching. But still. Shortened "pre-season". Mmmmm. I can’t see any game quality problems here

Reply #805888 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754