BeeGee
Years ago

Cam Gliddon Parts Ways with Bullets

The Brisbane Bullets and Cameron Gliddon have mutually agreed to part ways.

Gliddon will be released from the final year of his contract, meaning he is free to explore other opportunities.

After joining the Bullets in 2018, Gliddon has played 56 games during his time in Brisbane, with the period also seeing him selected in the Australian national team for the Commonwealth Games in 2018 and FIBA World Cup in 2019.

After spending time off-court during COVID-19, Gliddon said he and his family have decided to make the move.

"I want to personally thank my team-mates, colleagues and coaches, all of whom have supported me greatly during my time in Brisbane," Gliddon said.

“Most importantly, I want to thank the Bullets fans, members and partners for supporting the club and helping basketball grow even stronger in Queensland.

“Ultimately, the time is right to move on and I feel it is time for a fresh start.”

Bullets Head Coach Andrej Lemanis thanked Gliddon for his efforts in the Bullets singlet.

“Our paths have been intertwined over the past few years and we have had many great experiences together with the National Team and with the Bullets.

"It's been great to see Cameron’s growth during that time both on and off the court.

"It’s always disappointing to have relationships come to an end, however, it’s clear the time is right for Cameron and his family to find the next stage in their journey and I wish them every success in that pursuit.The Brisbane Bullets and Cameron Gliddon have mutually agreed to part ways.

Gliddon will be released from the final year of his contract, meaning he is free to explore other opportunities.

After joining the Bullets in 2018, Gliddon has played 56 games during his time in Brisbane, with the period also seeing him selected in the Australian national team for the Commonwealth Games in 2018 and FIBA World Cup in 2019.

After spending time off-court during COVID-19, Gliddon said he and his family have decided to make the move.

“I want to personally thank my team-mates, colleagues and coaches, all of whom have supported me greatly during my time in Brisbane,” Gliddon said.

“Most importantly, I want to thank the Bullets fans, members and partners for supporting the club and helping basketball grow even stronger in Queensland.

“Ultimately, the time is right to move on and I feel it is time for a fresh start.”

Bullets Head Coach Andrej Lemanis thanked Gliddon for his efforts in the Bullets singlet.

“Our paths have been intertwined over the past few years and we have had many great experiences together with the National Team and with the Bullets.

"It’s been great to see Cameron’s growth during that time both on and off the court.

"It’s always disappointing to have relationships come to an end, however, it’s clear the time is right for Cameron and his family to find the next stage in their journey and I wish them every success in that pursuit.

Topic #47306 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

were to now

Reply #808505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would fit very well at the cats.

Reply #808506 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Reflects pretty poorly on Lemanis last year he picked Gliddon for the Boomers World Cup team 12 months later the Bullets wipe their hands with him.

Reply #808507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch retires. Seems like the Kings are in the market for an experienced 2-guard. Makes sense.

Reply #808508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, Sydney seems like the perfect fit.

Reply #808509 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Years ago

I know it's a little conpiracy theorish but, does this add fuel to the rumours that players came to Brisbane to play under the national coach/promised selection for boomers training squad?

Some fringe Australian talent flocked to Brisbane under AJ, we later found out they are likely to be spending less then Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide (no partcular order there guys) and now we have one of these players leaving after AJ loses his role as Boomers coach.

Equally likely that Gliddon came to Brisbane for more money or to get away from Fearne only to find out he was sharing minutes with Sobey the following season and is just looking for more playing elsewhere.

But who doesn't love a good conspiracy

Reply #808511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is Cam 3 D guy

Reply #808512 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They had no room for Gliddon with Drmic incoming.

Reply #808513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to cairns may be, the three spot in Perth?

Reply #808516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to cairns may be, the three spot in Perth?

Reply #808517 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

WA boy out of the same town as Mark Worthington. Can see him finishing out his career with the Cats then possibly helping Worthington out (Head Coach) playing for the Slammers in the SBL.

Reply #808518 | Report this post

D70  
Years ago

Sydney's coach has been with the Boomers for the last 7 years. He knows all those guys. They've flown over the world together. My bet Sydney.

Reply #808520 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Cairns an option. Sydney and Illawarra too.
Opportunities limited in Brisbane with Sobey, Cadee and possibly an import in the backcourt.

Reply #808521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

World Cup to the bench to bounced out of the team, that's a hell of a ride

Reply #808524 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Leaving Brisbane is a good thing.

Reply #808526 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Would be a good fit at SF for Perth if we decided to go with a big for our second import and Cotton is not naturalised. 3pt threat who can hustle and play D.

Reply #808527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't really understand this by Brisbane. Seems as if they picked Drmic over Gliddon. Assuming Brisbane keep Patterson you’d want a shooter over a slasher.

Reply #808528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon could go anywhere really.
Cairns, Sydney, illawara, Melbourne, sem, Adelaide, Perth.

Reply #808531 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Not a huge surprise seeing how last season went for him... Hopefully a fresh start will help him get back to his best... Would really like to see him in Sydney for sure...

Reply #808532 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Maybe he could take cadee with him.

Reply #808533 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Yet another Bullets player alienated and pushed out the door by Lemanis.

Reply #808536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge amount of interest in him out of Perth last time he hit free agency. He would seem a on paper a good option to fill the Terrico void, would be a great floor spacer alongside Bryce and as stated he is a Perth boy.....could happen.

Reply #808537 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #808540 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's exactly what I thought back home to Perth to replace White. Wouldn't have thought there would be much interest in him outside of his hometown team.

Reply #808543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a good time to be a free agent with players retiring and imports down to two

Reply #808546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Phoenix..

Reply #808547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the wording of it being a family decision after COVID made it sound like he wants to come home to be with his extended family.

Reply #808548 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Lemanis borderline ruined this guys career.

Reply #808562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jock landale
mason peatling
mangok maithang

training with united who training with the Kings

Reply #808564 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I seem to recall Gliddon didn't have a great year but still shot 43% from 3 which is impressive.

Would be a decent pick up for any team.

He may still be a decent starter but his stock has dropped a lot last year.

Reply #808567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maithiang signed in France, Monaco.

Lot players saying they could leave there club to join others to get there price up, smart move.

Reply #808571 | Report this post

Wilbur  
Years ago

Signing with Perth for the next two seasons

Reply #808574 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I think in part it comes down to this: He probably wasn't happy with the pay cut, and Brisbane weren't interested in negotiating a longer-term deal. So this way he gets to negotiate a fresh deal with another team.
And yes, without a Boomers singlet, attraction of playing for Andre is greatly diminished.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of offers, just maybe not for the role and money he wants. It's still not clear how the quality of the league is going to pan out for next season. If its stays consistent, then he's not going to be a starter for any of the top teams.

As for Perth, firstly when "home state" boys have never played for the Cats, there's often a reason, and a bit of history there. Also not sure what Gliddon would bring, that Steindl doesn't already provide?

Reply #808575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddion is a very good defender, far better than Stiendl. Gliddion is also a much better player than Drimic so I don't see the advantage there for Brisbane.

Reply #808578 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

It would be a no brainer for Perth IMO, he is better than Steindl and means he can remain the 6th man off the bench. Gliddon can play the SF position replacing Terrico and can slide down to the SG position when Cotton plays some PG.

Also means we can use the remaining import spot on a big...

As mentioned though he will attract interest from all the team in the NBL one would think.

Reply #808589 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Glide on has not played for the Sixers, therefore is limited in opportunity to stay with the Brisbane past Sixers.

Reply #808596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Adelaide have offered a contract to both Gliddion and Glide on.

Reply #808597 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It would be a no brainer for Perth IMO, he is better than Steindl

You're right, it would be a no-brainer, but fortunately Perth have brains.

Their biggest focus at the moment is re-signing Kay, and that may well determine who and what they use their 2nd import slot on.

Neither Steindl nor Gliddon is good enough to start for the Cats, but if they're short an import they may need to run with a local SF as a compromise. I just don't see Gliddon being a (big enough) upgrade to warrant bringing him in

Reply #808602 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I can understand the Perth talk although it leaves us a pretty short starting 5.

I think the Cairns mystery can be solved, if they can sign Gliddon then it makes it easier to work out that they bring back Oliver and they still look really competitive and he is a former club captain up there isn't he?

Reply #808623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Olgun reporting Gliddon to Phoenix. Great pick up for Phoenix.

Roberson
Gliddon
Creek
Import - athletic wingman like Crockett?
Pineau

Wesley off the bench

Reply #808628 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

Only 2 imports. Wesley is an import

Reply #808632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roberson
Gliddon
Te Rangi, Adel or Broekhoff
Creek
Wesley or Pineau starting

Adnam
Gibson
Stephens
Trist
Wesley or Pineau back up c

Hoping Trist is gone which means Wesley playsbas a 4 and they add another 5 behind pineau.

Or...

Roberson/Adnam
Gliddon/Gibson
Creek/Stephens
Wesley/PF (possibly te Rangi), Trist maybe contracted
Pineau/C

Reply #808635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best case from now is ..

Roberson/Adnam
Gliddon/Gibson
(Broekhoff, Adel or Te Rangi)/Stephens
Creek/White
Wesley/Pineau

Armstrong second year NS

Madgen gone
Trist gine
Acuoth gone

Reply #808636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hickey(DP guard)
Need a DP big, Peatling maybe or one of many nz centre seniors.

Reply #808637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon has been left behind. No longer up to it.

Reply #808643 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Nice player but man when he goes missing in a game he REALLY goes missing..

Reply #808648 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Has Reuben Te Rangi signed with the Bullets again / is he still contracted? Could have been a decision between the two, especially if they're trying to re-sign Patterson as well, no need for two back up 3's (even though Gliddon could play the 2?).

Reply #808660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamar may be heading to Perth.

Reply #808663 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Lamar and Gliddon. Impressive.

Reply #808834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did care were Lamar pattern goes just keep him in the league

Reply #808837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754